Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Kyrandia

Neuromancer

Augur
After experimenting around in Hands of Fate, I am a bit worried : is this one of these games where you can get stuck permanently for doing something wrong with items in your inventory? (Or other reasons)
While you can't get technically stuck because of lost items, you absolutely have to write down a special combination which you'll get and also use in the first chapter, because you'll need it once again in a later chapter.
The combination is random and you can't review it later.

Neuromancer

Augur
My favorite puzzle that I recall is the “windy woof” play on words, which only works without VO.
In the German translation they messed up Toad's Stool/toadstool and just literally translated the words - thus making the puzzle only solvable by pure Try and Error.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
After experimenting around in Hands of Fate, I am a bit worried : is this one of these games where you can get stuck permanently for doing something wrong with items in your inventory? (Or other reasons)
While you can't get technically stuck because of lost items, you absolutely have to write down a special combination which you'll get and also use in the first chapter, because you'll need it once again in a later chapter.
The combination is random and you can't review it later.

Don't tell me it's the singing birds???

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Don't tell me it's the singing birds???
For me they were fireflies, but I guess we mean the same thing.
So yes: You should write down the colour sequence.

That is the most retarded puzzle design idea I have ever heard.

Who the hell finished this game in the first place ?

I mean, I completed the puzzle in the early game by memorizing the sequence, but no way I would have remembered it much later.

Neuromancer

Augur
Do you have previous savegame to look up the code?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom