Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So I did the Silent Island on Dominating and somehow 3 Goliath Beatles got the best of Broderick. How that happened is a mystery. Anyway does a new ferryman ever spawn in the Junkyard or am I forever going to have to walk back to SGS from there.

Yaz

Learned
So I did the Silent Island on Dominating and somehow 3 Goliath Beatles got the best of Broderick. How that happened is a mystery. Anyway does a new ferryman ever spawn in the Junkyard or am I forever going to have to walk back to SGS from there.

Did they bring 3 more Captain Brodericks to show him who's the real deal :D?

He's forever lost, but there are still ways to fast travel from Junkyard. Do you have any Persuasion... and happen to be playing a male character, by any chance?

Yaz

Learned
Hey, did Underrail receive an uptick in sales due to Sseth's review?
I imagine so. Probably generated at least 20% in sales alone(a figure entirely pulled from my ass :cool:). Most likely from the demographic that this sort of a game doesn't appeal in the first place, or else they'd have found it by themselves. I had wanted to play this game from since 2015 at least. Most people interested in recent RPGs would probably namedrop Underrail sooner or later, so in my estimation, it is nearly impossible that anybody with half an idea about RPGs wouldn't know about it in prior to watching a popular YT video years after the release date.

The main site for the game kinda died after that review, tbh. I remember a bit of frustration on the side of some of the old-guard, but in general it was good for publicity. I know some folks who play that game because of that particular review; wouldn't touch it otherwise even though they've heard about it.

But I'd say you're mostly right. The majority of his audience won't be into that kind of thing, but will follow whatever their boi tells them to.

CHEMS

Scholar
Silent Isle on dominating in my opinion is the hardest fight in the whole game. They cast spacial bullshit so you can't hit them, even if you do hit them you usually don't have a gun big enough to take them

I rely on caltrops and gas grenades, lots of traps too

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Did they bring 3 more Captain Brodericks to show him who's the real deal :D?

You know they did.

He's forever lost, but there are still ways to fast travel from Junkyard. Do you have any Persuasion... and happen to be playing a male character, by any chance?

Nice. Who do I have to make sweet tender love to?

Parabalus

Arcane
Before you could split them up effectively with Force Fields and Molotovs, now I'd just skip the area until later.

The mirror images are really annoying though, also prominent with the natives. They get like 9 evades, not much you can do except run or CC them until it runs out.

CHEMS

Scholar
Goliath Beetles don't mean shit to my cooked shot, they cast distortion bullshit and get blobbed anyway

Though before depot A i could never get a hold of a incendiary collector. Also, dragon poison knives are really underrated. If their carapace is open and they're not distortion bullshiting, throw one at them and enjoy them being unable to cast. My chemical build has max throwing, so i liberally spam all kinds of knives with split spare

https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Poison#Black_Dragon_Poison

You can get this poison before Depot A too! You're gonna need high biology though (65)

Yaz

Learned

Believe it or not - a whole military bunker full of grey-dressed dudes suspicious of women. :D

PS: Silent Isle is pretty easily completed with the Rathound Regalia as the whole beetle pain train is mostly to the west. You could choose to fight them, but it will take walling them off with uncomfortably high amounts of bear traps/caltrops and gas/burn/bomb them to no end. Better just get the Regalia right after you open the map and come back.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Believe it or not - a whole military bunker full of grey-dressed dudes suspicious of women. :D

PS: Silent Isle is pretty easily completed with the Rathound Regalia as the whole beetle pain train is mostly to the west. You could choose to fight them, but it will take walling them off with uncomfortably high amounts of bear traps/caltrops and gas/burn/bomb them to no end. Better just get the Regalia right after you open the map and come back.

Oh your talking The Dude. Yeah going to need to do that early.

CHEMS

Scholar
My current run i did the Dudes quest only at level 26, best place to massacre them is in the kitchen, it's the perfect choke point. The Gray Army Base menu was Slavic Barbeque with Sour Sauce.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
My current run i did the Dudes quest only at level 26, best place to massacre them is in the kitchen, it's the perfect choke point. The Gray Army Base menu was Slavic Barbeque with Sour Sauce.
You can always go back and kill them later, right?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Silent Isle on dominating in my opinion is the hardest fight in the whole game. They cast spacial bullshit so you can't hit them, even if you do hit them you usually don't have a gun big enough to take them

I rely on caltrops and gas grenades, lots of traps too
silent isle on dominating i believe to be part of 'not sure if can be completed'. I mean whole thing can be considered optional, but still... Its also not just a single goliath, I assume whole thing was altered automatically since in general psi beetles without goliaths are quite rare
I just stealth past the beetle side to the chest, then head to the cave for bilocation. The dupes stop once you get bilocation. Was not too hard, even with 3 agility. PSI beetles have very poor detection. I assume that if you can't stealth, you just fight through the rathound side instead.

CHEMS

Scholar
The dupes stop once you get bilocation.

Didn't know that. I don't play TC builds. Speaking of bilocation, after the last update, Styg removed the spirit mush from Katya's garden. Is there a way to get one before going to DC? I always thought restricting them to DC was a poor decision, because i ideally you won't fight humans there.

Yaz

Learned
Styg removed the spirit mush from Katya's garden. Is there a way to get one before going to DC?

That one is random. There's a variety of 3-4 rare shrooms, but only one will spawn for the entire playthrough.

I also like using Spirit Knives in the arena :).

CHEMS

Scholar
Styg removed the spirit mush from Katya's garden. Is there a way to get one before going to DC?

That one is random. There's a variety of 3-4 rare shrooms, but only one will spawn for the entire playthrough.

I also like using Spirit Knives in the arena :).

It is?? I didn't know that. I never seen spirit mushrooms at her garden after the Psi update.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So playing Dom and got through Depot A and Rat King. Fucker ate like 12 mines and I still had to finish him off with a MK III grenade after barley surviving his aimed crossbow shot. Only took me three tries! :happytrollboy:

Anyway what do you all suggest next? Occulus? Rail Crossing? Foundry? Gorsky? Was thinking about doing Occulus since it takes the least amount of combat and you get access to the best vendor but my skills are not great yet so it might be wasted.

lvl 12 odddity btw.

Sykar

Arcane
Here's the pic if others can't see the imgur embed.
I think I've been to that mutie area before but not sure, it's somewhere in the Waterways right?

qnsjkWF.png

Which armor is that?

Sykar

Arcane
Never played chem pistols and always sneak through the Drones mission.

Anyway what do you all suggest next? Occulus? Rail Crossing? Foundry? Gorsky? Was thinking about doing Occulus since it takes the least amount of combat and you get access to the best vendor but my skills are not great yet so it might be wasted.

lvl 12 odddity btw.

Rail Crossing is also fairly easy though takes a little bit of medium difficult combat. Foundry can be done with very little combat too up until the last part of the Beast quest line though Balor should probably be avoided since unlike on normal you will be hard pressed to kill him silently. Core City is also good for Gorsky and Occulus quest line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom