Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Silverfish

Arbiter
If you try to take the JS chip from your head, you'll die

wy6fykg4nq821.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Because I work in the industry, half of the people in my company are women, and this may shock you so brace yourself: They do the same job as men and just as good. There is no difference in outcome for women and men. We are expected to do the job, we have our tasks and we do them. The only noticeable difference in quality is between people who worked longer and shorter - obviously inexperienced are more prone to mistakes and work slower.

This kills the cuck.

Last edited:

Rafidur

Learned
silverhand taking over your body is such a cliche story. i hope there is more to it than that because the first thing i thought of when they showed keanu as a digital ghost living in your head was "the ending is going to be either destroy silverhand, let him take over your body or merge with him into a new being". basically a ghost in the shell ripoff.

As long as a ghost child doesn't have you choose between a different colored pillar for each, I'm fine with that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This was mentioned in the last Night City Wire: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/3...or-content-creators-disable-copyrighted-music

Dedicated Cyberpunk 2077 feature for content creators: "Disable Copyrighted Music"

Hey Choombas!

We wanted to address some concerns which have recently appeared in regards to possible copyright problems connected with streaming Cyberpunk 2077 and its soundtrack.

As always, we encourage everyone to create videos using content from our games and we love to see you stream them. With the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, we are incredibly excited to see your streams, playthroughs, Let’s Play videos, achievement guides, hell, maybe even speedruns of our upcoming RPG!

Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a beautiful, robust original score created by our in-house composers. In addition, you will be able to listen to over 150 songs created by wonderful artists representing diverse genres and we are confident you will love the music played by the in-game radio stations and in clubs. Unfortunately, the world of copyright law is complicated and not all of these songs can be streamed or used in your video content.

The last thing we want is for you to run into any copyright issues. Because of this, we have created a dedicated feature for content creators. The “Disable Copyrighted Music” toggle, available in the game’s settings, will disable a small portion of in-game tracks, streaming of which could otherwise result in demonetization or takedowns of your videos or stream clips/VODs. Be sure to have this option enabled before you start streaming or recording your Cyberpunk 2077 content!

As mentioned above, using the “Disable Copyrighted Music” toggle should prevent you from experiencing any copyright issues. However, if you run into any problems of this nature despite having the toggle on, be sure to check with us at legal@cdprojektred.com. We will try our best to help you!

We hope you enjoy the game and will have fun streaming and creating video content for Cyberpunk 2077.

See you in Night City!

Shitposter
poor streamers can no longer just indiscriminately piggyback off the work of others :(
someone should start a charity for these poor oppressed manbabies, they sure do put a lot of effort into uhhh... making goofy faces and half baked reactionary commentary while they play video games

evil music composers shame on you!

Vatnik Wumao
An older interview in which Pondsmith talks about his level of involvement in the development process and about how CDPR got the license for the game:

Doesn't seem to have been posted before ITT, so yeah.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Dedicated Cyberpunk 2077 feature for content creators: "Disable Copyrighted Music"
Good to finally know Cyberpunk 2077's target audience - YouTuber "celebrities".

They should have also included a dedicated N-button (the key N) for PewDiePie - kinda like the poem/haiku button from Interstate '76 only, you know...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
>be mike pondsmith
>always wanted to make a vidya about the cyberpunk world you created
>get pitched offers
>reject them because they just want it to be a pew pew bang bang fest in the setting
>finally cdpr emerges
>hell yeah they are gonna make this a full RPG that will complement my world
>sign off on it, excitedly
>game has troubled development
>game finally comes out
>it's just a pew pew bang bang fest in the setting w/ superficial RPG mechanics

feels bad, man

Gargaune

Magister
This was mentioned in the last Night City Wire: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/3...or-content-creators-disable-copyrighted-music

Hey Choombas!

We wanted to address some concerns which have recently appeared in regards to possible copyright problems connected with streaming Cyberpunk 2077 and its soundtrack.

As always, we encourage everyone to create videos using content from our games and we love to see you stream them. With the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, we are incredibly excited to see your streams, playthroughs, Let’s Play videos, achievement guides, hell, maybe even speedruns of our upcoming RPG!

Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a beautiful, robust original score created by our in-house composers. In addition, you will be able to listen to over 150 songs created by wonderful artists representing diverse genres and we are confident you will love the music played by the in-game radio stations and in clubs. Unfortunately, the world of copyright law is complicated and not all of these songs can be streamed or used in your video content.

The last thing we want is for you to run into any copyright issues. Because of this, we have created a dedicated feature for content creators. The “Disable Copyrighted Music” toggle, available in the game’s settings, will disable a small portion of in-game tracks, streaming of which could otherwise result in demonetization or takedowns of your videos or stream clips/VODs. Be sure to have this option enabled before you start streaming or recording your Cyberpunk 2077 content!

As mentioned above, using the “Disable Copyrighted Music” toggle should prevent you from experiencing any copyright issues. However, if you run into any problems of this nature despite having the toggle on, be sure to check with us at legal@cdprojektred.com. We will try our best to help you!

We hope you enjoy the game and will have fun streaming and creating video content for Cyberpunk 2077.

See you in Night City!
I really hate this buddy-buddy marketing bullshit that keeps doing the rounds all over, I ain't your fucking anything and I don't wanna see you anywhere. Seriously, just read that entire shit again minus the "Hey Choombas" and "See you in Night City" bookends, tell me it doesn't sound more relatable and assuring.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

From Jack London’s 1906 story “The Unparalleled Invasion,” which painted China as a civilizational terror, to the postmodern Orientalist chaos of William S. Burroughs’s Naked Lunch, Western cyberpunk is best understood as a symptom of historic attitudes toward a sinister East. In James Joyce’s Ulysses, protagonist Leopold Bloom frets about the modern city as a shadowy, Oriental space while recognizing his own paranoia. Dr. Betsy Huang notes that in 1881, California Senator John Miller “described Chinese as ‘inhabitants of another planet… automatic engines of flesh and blood; they are patient, stolid, unemotional, [and] herd together like beasts.’”

Of course it’s all racist, when you get right down to it and look at those early inspirations. It’s just not always the conscious personal failing of any individual developer, especially within the context of the AAA game development system.

Understanding cyberpunk — its roots in xenophobia, postwar anxieties, that sweet window of cultural cross-pollination in the 1980s, and its entry into the mainstream — means recognizing it also has the capacity for range.

I asked if he believes that cyberpunk, as a genre, is inherently harmful because it relies on Asian stereotypes.

“I’ll just say yes,” he says. “There’s a big ‘but.’ I think what’s more harmful is the Trump administration’s attempt at fanning the flames of not just a trade war, but a kind of civilizational war with China. That’s the elephant in the room and Cyberpunk 2077 is like the bacteria on the back left hoof of the elephant.”

:nocountryforshitposters:

B_Image_4331-350x342.jpg

AC27-China.jpg

Remember, racism is noticing patterns.

Vatnik Wumao
Pondsmith seems quite pleased with the way in which his setting is being portrayed by CDPR, Jenkem. It might not be a proper RPG, but it's a proper Cyberpunk game.

Ah yes, Pondsmith has no reason to speak diplomatically.... No reason at all...
Guy took an active role in the production process as to ensure that his vision is being properly adapted (particularly in terms of setting continuity with CDPR moving the plot forward from Cyberpunk 2045 to Cyberpunk 2077) and that the game is part of the Cyberpunk canon.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pondsmith seems quite pleased with the way in which his setting is being portrayed by CDPR, Jenkem. It might not be a proper RPG, but it's a proper Cyberpunk game.

Guy took an active role in the production process as to ensure that his vision is being properly adapted (particularly in terms of setting continuity with CDPR moving the plot forward from Cyberpunk 2045 to Cyberpunk 2077) and that the game is part of the Cyberpunk canon.

don't care, still not an RPG.

stay coping.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

stay coping.
Who cares if it is an RPG or not? :MDeus Ex is not an RPG (but an immersive sim), yet nobody gives a fuck and it is the best game ever.

Vatnik Wumao

stay coping.
Who cares if it is an RPG or not? :M
Coping grognards it seems. :M

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
poor streamers can no longer just indiscriminately piggyback off the work of others :(
someone should start a charity for these poor oppressed manbabies, they sure do put a lot of effort into uhhh... making goofy faces and half baked reactionary commentary while they play video games

evil music composers shame on you!
I know you trying your hard right now to be part of the "cred" right now and therefore playing ass kisser to envious people, who hate streamers and ready to spit at every mentioning of them in maddening rage, but defending music composers greed and retarded copyright laws?
Wow, thats a new low right here.
I will make it simple to you: person bought the game = person has all rights to share music, video and footage from the game with any person/group of your choosing (they not even give a way a copy of file, they just listening with group of people, ffs), no matter what various "copyright protecting" agencies (more like media mafia lol), paranoidal goverment that mask censorship under "care about creator's rights" bullshit and greedy dumbfucks that impose as musicians (if they afraid that their music will be heard by crowd on channel of some gloryfied beggar who calls himself as streamer - they shouldn't make music in first place).
If these "music composers" (I must say that some of the music is really bad) wanted to make all money in the world from their music - they should consider making actual music sell their music on platforms dedicated for selling music.
Also wtf is this remark about "reactionary commentary", there exist steamers of different ideologies from different countries, calling them reactionaries similar to implying that all countries was under same ideology and these people want to return to this ideology (which is dumb).
This remark also makes me wonder if "evul streamer's" political views was in line with yours, would you sing a different song?

Ah, no matter, as I said, you either trying to kiss most envious people on codex in ass or this is lame attempt on trolling.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
ah the cdpr sycophants are spending their time volunteering to suck cdpr's ass for free, as usual. will be funny to see how long they keep the charade up once it releases and the world can see it is shit..

MOVE THIS THREAD TO GENERAL GAMING

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom