Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gaunter O'Dimm makes a cameo, but not in the way you imagine
The rape scene happens during Judy's rescue sidequest, V switch places with a member of the Mox she was sent to rescue, Judy's on the phone hearing it happen to you and threatens to kill the Tigerclaw members.Alternatively, you can leave the Mox girl there and avoid getting raped, or you can avoid the rape scene entirely if you bring someone along with you
There's an emotional scene after that when you two meet again, where she cries and feel responsible for what happened, V doesn't seem affected by it for some reason, it's not shock, she's just indifferent about what happened, you can choose to explain why
When the devs mention Judy is a heart breaker, is not duo to her having preferences, she might betray you depending on the circunstances ,just like almost everyone else in the game
Part of the soundtrack is quite inspired by Death Stranding, there are lots of melancolic melodies that made me shed a tear. During the endings, sex scenes and other emotional scenes
Stout had a boyfriend, mentions him even if you tell her you don't want to know
There are no sliders in character creation
Sometimes, companions will make a move on you or ask you out to have fun
When a conversation ends and you leave, sometimes the NPC will call you back because they forgot to mention something or because they were hesitant to tell you before,you can choose to ignore
Takemura's implants were duo to an accident
One of the reasons Takemura rescues is because they were resourceful enough to infiltrate Arasaka, he needs their talent. Later on he tells V he see himself in them

You build a team avengers style mid game, aka I'm putting together a team, with Rogue, Takemura, and a companion of your choice and you can betray them if you choose to ally yourself with Arasaka to remove the AI from your head,since they give you a solution to your dilemma quite earlier
Jackie's mother despises you
Evelyn and Yorinobu have some sort of close relanshionship, tough the game doesn't specify, or it does and I haven't paid attention
You see a braindance of Adam Smasher fucking an asian chick
You meet Morgan Blackhand and Alt Cunninghan
No matter what happens, V doesn't die plotwise
Judy has a sister, she has a crush on male V
Companions can die, not only Jackie
You can return to your Nomad clan at the ending of the campaign, or choose to be by yourself with or without your lover
You can't romance Hanako Arasaka, nor Lizzie
You meet characters from your past, depending on the Lifepath
Your actions may influence the murder of others, children included, altough you cannot kill children yourself
You meet Mike Pondsmith's character
The childhood hero's system got converted into choices you make during gameplay, also the reason why you moved to night city and why you're a mercenary

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
here's your "immersive sim" bro

OvKyIKJ.jpg

literally no one on the streets.. wow very immersive of the cyberpunk genre

Zer0wing

Cipher
Guy took an active role in the production process as to ensure that his vision is being properly adapted (particularly in terms of setting continuity with CDPR moving the plot forward from Cyberpunk 2045 to Cyberpunk 2077) and that the game is part of the Cyberpunk canon.
Okay now, that's where I draw the line - vision, as in, art and fluff, somewhat there and adapted. But the same can't be said about mechanics. As in, not using original rules at all. Instead, it's TW3: perk after perk after perk - the sequel. Now with gunz blazin'. Derp.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
literally no one on the streets.. wow very immersive of the cyberpunk genre
consoles.jpg

As for your previous post, those are 4chan '''''leaks''''''. Go back to /v/ if you want to shitpost.

sorry, thought you guys would want to hear spoilers for the amazing feat of writing this game will achieve, I'm sure every cyberpozzer here is ready to chomp at the bit to unpack this epic tale that will forever change the gaming industry...

can't wait for all you soyberfaggots to play this and try to urge others to join your cult, get feel-a-pee-pee to rig the goty awards for it w/ the help of resetera and then a month later discuss how it really wasn't that good but it's from CDPR so you still have to guzzle its cum

will be fun

Vatnik Wumao
Guy took an active role in the production process as to ensure that his vision is being properly adapted (particularly in terms of setting continuity with CDPR moving the plot forward from Cyberpunk 2045 to Cyberpunk 2077) and that the game is part of the Cyberpunk canon.
Okay now, that's where I draw the line - vision, as in, art and fluff, somewhat there and adapted. But the same can't be said about mechanics. As in, not using original rules at all. Instead, it's TW3: perk after perk after perk - the sequel. Now with gunz blazin'. Derp.
I don't disagree. It's a game in the Cyberpunk setting, but not an adaption of the TRPG system.

>consoles
PC SCREENSHOTS, NIGGER
Citation needed. That said, there will be a population density setting for PC players so it's a non-issue either way for those not playing on a toaster.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
but defending music composers greed and retarded copyright laws?
Without copyright laws there would be no money in creative professions and innovation would never pay off. Greed is good by the way but when you have it you just don't call it greed. Wanting music for free is greed too, just as it is greed that makes composers want to protect their creations. The only question is if your greed is enforceable or not. Currently your idea of wanting to be able to make money online out of a product you have bought a license to enjoy, but not to share, is not held by the tech corporations that control things such as streaming services. You can't stream a film you have purchased for an audience online legally so why then should you be able to stream music or even a video game without permission? The kicker is that games such as Cyberpunk 2077 would never be possible without decent copyright enforcement in the first place. So repeat after me: Greed is good. Be more like this based jew than a retarded white commie afflicted by the deadly pathogen known as altruism, or just being unable to cope with others having property.

With all of that said you should digitally loot this game since CDP approves of that kind of thing and they can't stop you from taking it for free anyway.
MOVE THIS THREAD TO GENERAL GAMING
If this thread is moved to GG then Cringetron can't post about Polish GTA on the front page.

Gerrard

Arcane
>be mike pondsmith
>always wanted to make a vidya about the cyberpunk world you created
>get pitched offers
>reject them because they just want it to be a pew pew bang bang fest in the setting
>finally cdpr emerges
>hell yeah they are gonna make this a full RPG that will complement my world
>sign off on it, excitedly
>game has troubled development
>game finally comes out
>it's just a pew pew bang bang fest in the setting w/ superficial RPG mechanics

feels bad, man
But according to Mike everything is going great and true to his vision?

Terenty

Liturgist
Who cares if it is an RPG or not? :MDeus Ex is not an RPG (but an immersive sim), yet nobody gives a fuck and it is the best game ever.

Who the hell told you CP2077 is an immersive sim ala Deus Ex? Some retarded journo who only played Human Revolution?

Can i switch lights off/on in rooms? Can i turn on/off faucets and flush toilets in bathrooms? Can i open/close every drawer? Can i interact with wending machines and ATMs? Can i throw items at people and see their reaction? Can i input passwords and logins on my keyboard? Can i push buttons on electronic locks? Can i kill children or not?

The answer to all of this is most likely not. Immersive sim my ass

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who cares if it is an RPG or not? :MDeus Ex is not an RPG (but an immersive sim), yet nobody gives a fuck and it is the best game ever.

Who the hell told you CP2077 is an immersive sim ala Deus Ex? Some retarded journo who only played Human Revolution?

Can i switch lights off/on in rooms? Can i turn on/off faucets and flush toilets in bathrooms? Can i open/close every drawer? Can i interact with wending machines and ATMs? Can i throw items at people and see their reaction? Can i input passwords and logins on my keyboard? Can i push buttons on electronic locks? Can i kill children or not?

The answer to all of this is most likely not. Immersive sim my ass
Nobody said CP is an immersive sim. I was just pointing out that CP not being a hardcore RPG is not the biggest sin in the world, because you can make a good game in a different genre. Like in this case, an action-RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom