Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mike Laidlaw leaves BioWare

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Bioware's back-to-basics approach is rtwp + isometric + party based. A glimmer of hope in rtwp dark future.

Bara

Arcane
I though he was apart of the Waylanders team still or did he quit that too?

Gordian Nutt

Educated
How long until the first kickstarter announcement video "We are the guys who gave you these games. But now we need your help!"

It will like be Fig like Summerfall studios and ex-Bioware Gaider, not Kickstarter

Fig because of unions, I think but not sure how much Summerfall earned from Fig vs Kickstarter

I though he was apart of the Waylanders team still or did he quit that too?

He quit a long time ago and left Emily Buck in charge even though he has apparently never worked with her on a project

They still advertise him on Steam page however

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A kickstarter during corona time will be fail for sure.

I mean PF WOR KS was also on corona time. I guess it was early lockdown so the impact wasn't as big
But that was a sequel to an RPG that had been as successful as an isometric partybased RPG can hope to be.

Those old farts probably consider themselves too profound and artistically elevated to make an RPG. They will need 3d acting and full VO for their turd.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.yellowbrickgames.ca/

WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
Emergent Systems Create Rich, Interactive Worlds

5fb53f5493de2ad75a196cc3_pillars_emergent.png

Emergent
Interactive worlds simulated with rich systems that create memorable interactions.

5fb53f6190a04b2e18b379df_pillars_intriguing.png

Intriguing
Beautiful worlds that challenge the mind and inspire the imagination.

5fb53f6a2ffe271f6428db4a_pillars_watch.png

Worth Watching
Compelling experiences for both players and viewers alike.

Sounds like a Ubisoft model with a coat of Larian than a BioWare successor.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A kickstarter during corona time will be fail for sure.

I mean PF WOR KS was also on corona time. I guess it was early lockdown so the impact wasn't as big
Nah it was just before it came to evropa,normal people didn't even knew about corona.Now everyone is scared shitless and don't know if the shit go even worst,and not in the mood to waste money on such shit.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Nah it was just before it came to evropa,normal people didn't even knew about corona.Now everyone is scared shitless and don't know if the shit go even worst,and not in the mood to waste money on such shit.
That's logical behaviour for everyone with survival:1 and intelligence:1. That should be the case. But how do you explain that all big game publishers and money wasters like GTA Online and similar cancers have record high profits during this Fake Plague?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
People stay inside, they have to fill the gaping void at the center of their existence with something other than thinking or family, they pay for GTA. I'm not sure where the big mystery is.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's logical behaviour for everyone with survival:1 and intelligence:1. That should be the case. But how do you explain that all big game publishers and money wasters like GTA Online and similar cancers have record high profits during this Fake Plague?
Retarded kids,they don't know what kickstarter,you can't have nostalgia when you are 13.

jac8awol

Arbiter

WHAT WE BELIEVE IN

Emergent
Interactive worlds simulated with rich systems that create memorable interactions.

Intriguing

Worth Watching

I love this 3 icon system! It's simple, yet bold. Visually powerful, yet minimal and easy to digest. This is definitely a studio run by prestigious gentlemen who wear turtlenecks.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
I love this 3 icon system! It's simple, yet bold. Visually powerful, yet minimal and easy to digest. This is definitely a studio run by prestigious gentlemen who wear turtlenecks.

It has taken Tim Cain triangles to heart

Not much interest in anything ex-Bioware developers make, everything they touch turns to shit

Yoomazir

Educated

WHAT WE BELIEVE IN

Emergent

Intriguing

Worth Watching

"Compelling experiences for both players and viewers alike."
I get it, they want the Twitch streaming audience. PogU

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom