Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starsector - RT 2D indie space goodness

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Yes it gets boring in the late game. Some mods give you more challenge. Colonies are boring - don't have to build 'em. Game is great fun otherwise. If you get bored install a new mod and start again.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
patch notes
I mean its sign that patch will be here sooner than later but on the other hand its like seeing a good food behind the glass when you are hungry and Alex can take these patch notes and put them in his private dark place.

Drowed

Arcane
This is because he releases the patch notes before the release of the patch itself. You have the list of "all the things that the supposed new version will have" without us knowing when that version will exist in practice. The current version is 0.9.1a AFAIK.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Well this is a blast from the past. Is it still in Alpha stage or has it moved on?

Perkel

Arcane
Welp, now scavenging increases detection radius by 1000 for a brief while. Which means doing REDACTED systems will be much much much much much much much much much much much much harder without actual combat ready fleet.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I'm intentionally not touching the game until it is feature complete. Don't want to spoil myself before getting the full package.

Perkel

Arcane
I'm intentionally not touching the game until it is feature complete. Don't want to spoil myself before getting the full package.

Make sure to store your phylactery well. You don't want a poorly timed asteroid impact removing your chance of seeing the release of the 1.0.

Well he takes his time but with latest patch there is some good progress. Meanwhile mods are churning like mad. Game reminds me a lot of Avorion in sense that it takes forever to update but modding community in that time makes wonders.

Reader

Scholar
They really should go on Steam and GoG. I've been looking for such a game nearly for twenty years. Discovered some good games in the process like Distant Worlds and some games I couldn't get into like Star Traders. I found out about Starsector merely by chance. KeighnMcDeath posted a video of some youtuber and out of boredom I decided to watch his other videos.
Also additional payment options would be nice.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I wonder if there is sone Starflight action on the planets. And PIRATES!! Love killing or becoming a space pirate.

Funny, one of my searches hit Star Valor first..?????

completely different games.

Star Valor is a Space Action RPG game that puts you in control of your own spaceship. Featuring a vast galaxy to explore, mine, quest, trade, fight and even craft your own weapons. You have many different ways to customize your ship and make it stand out in this constantly evolving universe.Jul 13, 2018
store.steampowered.com › app › Sta...
Star Valor on Steam $14.99

Starsector preorder 15$
Starsector is a top-down single-player indie role-playing game developed and published by Fractal Softworks for computers in 2011. Set in the year 3126, the player commands a fleet of spaceships and engages in combat, trade, and exploration in a procedurally generated world.

The game is currently available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Though the game is not currently available on digital distribution platforms such as Steam, a release on those platforms is planned in the future, when the game is more "ready".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom