Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Drakron

Arcane

Heh, notice how he is constantly in the red, I think once he was positive and that was just one army as we are supposed to take control over 8 Magical Forests + World Tree and your economy will flat the moment you reach tier V on the Tree Settlements, thats I think 16 settlements worth of income with the Empire having like 30+ and a non shit economy.

Also not show, how you confederate as you are asked to go fight Greenskins (not a problem), Dwarfs (not a problem) and Bretonnia (that is a fucking problem), they did shown what happens if you defeat the Choas Army at the Gaen Vale so you want that magical forest, enjoy holding against the near entirely of the HE in their heartlands, Tyrion says hi.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
they did shown what happens if you defeat the Choas Army at the Gaen Vale so you want that magical forest, enjoy holding against the near entirely of the HE in their heartlands, Tyrion says hi.
Looked like you could choose to give it to the high elves for a minor benefit. But yeah, you'd better find a way to get some diplomatic bonus and sign NAPs if you want to hold it. Not a big deal in ME I'd say, because you can attack morathi who usually assaults the donut for lots of good will, but in vortex map it might be a lot trickier.

A horse of course

I noticed the campaign map still has noticable lag when selecting things, and the camera looks "juddery" when sweeping from one area to another. I can't imagine what an absolute disaster of spaghetti code the engine is at this stage, let alone Warhammer III.

Parabalus

Arcane
s8ptvb66f0161.jpg

Ohh, right, mixed them up. But Ghorst only gets a corpse cart, not mortis engine. Mortis Engine just isn't that great, when lots of enemies ball up you kill 700 instantly with wind of death, not 1 per second with a mortis engine. The thing that scares skelly spam isn't balled up melee enemies but rather ranged spam and especially artillery spam. For that you either want cavalry or fliers. Hence why I'm a big fan of getting a good number of XPed vargheists early.

He gets a mortis engine, you're just plain wrong.
WoD won't kill greatswords (huge problem in garrisons) or their entire army alone, with Ghorst you can grind them down.

What difficulty are you playing on? Highly doubt that's possible on legendary, just fighting all the rebels you'll have from your weak corruption game will be impossible. I can wrap up the vampire region one settlement per turn and take out Stirland and Averland but then its about 15 turns of rebel killing and buildup before I can move on.

Legendary.
Buy a new lord while LL continues on. I think my VC run was before the nerf to skelly upkeep nerf though, but that also hits Manfred.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Tbh, it depends a lot what other mechanics the sisters have, and how many unique effects the super equipment will give. I think throt "only" gets the flesh lab, whereas sisters in theory get various unique events and storyline missions (and more/greater access to the moth lady).

I find the whole dichotomy a bit weird though... they come in the same dlc, so why is anyone upset? You have to buy both. I guess people are bored of playing skaven, but then shouldn't they be glad they make bigger changes to skaven so there's more novelty?

Ohh, right, mixed them up. But Ghorst only gets a corpse cart, not mortis engine. Mortis Engine just isn't that great, when lots of enemies ball up you kill 700 instantly with wind of death, not 1 per second with a mortis engine. The thing that scares skelly spam isn't balled up melee enemies but rather ranged spam and especially artillery spam. For that you either want cavalry or fliers. Hence why I'm a big fan of getting a good number of XPed vargheists early.

WoD won't kill greatswords (huge problem in garrisons) or their entire army alone, with Ghorst you can grind them down.

I wasn't talking about his mount. Mortis engine is just trash, sorry. It will never kill as fast as anything decent.

Wind of Death will absolutely kill greatswords. Greatswords are shit anyway. Who has a problem with garrisons lol?

What difficulty are you playing on? Highly doubt that's possible on legendary, just fighting all the rebels you'll have from your weak corruption game will be impossible. I can wrap up the vampire region one settlement per turn and take out Stirland and Averland but then its about 15 turns of rebel killing and buildup before I can move on.

Legendary.
Buy a new lord while LL continues on. I think my VC run was before the nerf to skelly upkeep nerf though, but that also hits Manfred.
How are you handling public order then?

Parabalus

Arcane

I wasn't talking about his mount. Mortis engine is just trash, sorry. It will never kill as fast as anything decent.

Wind of Death will absolutely kill greatswords. Greatswords are shit anyway. Who has a problem with garrisons lol?

Legendary.
How are you handling public order then?

Mortis Engine is probably the strongest VC unit.
What are you even talking about, if not his mount?
Ghorst is the earliest Mortis you can get and that makes him great.

You don't have anything 'decent' in the first turns, until you get some RoRs.
Kill rebellions and build buildings until corruption goes up, the usual.
Just not with the main lord, he's too important to waste, but that has little to do with Ghorst.

Last edited:
Mortis Engine is probably the strongest VC unit.

No, that's definitely blood knights, assuming we aren't considering heroes and lords. And if we're considering cost efficiency then obviously the best is skeletons.

Mortis Engine does 4 DPS per unit. It's just not worth anything in campaign. Slowly grinding down enemy melee over minutes of fighting is something you do in multiplayer, not campaign. Campaign on higher difficulties has jacked AI melee stats so you can't grind out melees. Plus the mortis engine effect requires you to be in melee with one of the worst units in the game. Basic corpse cart is better because making your front line last longer so you can take less casualties is better than a very small DPS boost.

Compared to a 4 DPS mortis engine a single wind of death will do like 50k-100k damage in 5 seconds and you can cast 2-4 per battle. It's not even close.

You don't have anything 'decent' in the first turns, until you get some RoRs.
Kill rebellions and build buildings until corruption goes up, the usual.
Just not with the main lord, he's too important to waste, but that has little to do with Ghorst.
Corruption goes up or down by max ~4% a turn, so it takes like 15-20 turns to have decent public order.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mortis Engine does 4 DPS per unit. It's just not worth anything in campaign.
Doesn't it also give you bonuses to your magic? Given that your best weapon as VC is your magic (and by far), anything that lets you cast more is a boon beyond what it actually does on the battlefield.
Not sure if I confuse this with another unit that does that, though.

Doesn't it also give you bonuses to your magic? Given that your best weapon as VC is your magic (and by far), anything that lets you cast more is a boon beyond what it actually does on the battlefield.

I think it makes your power recharge as if you had 10 more Winds of Magic in reserve. Obviously you don't actually get 10 more WoM, you just recharge slightly quicker. It's still pretty meh, you can get a lot of WoM bonuses.

Can't recall, does corpse cart have that too? I know there's the one shitty version that reduces enemy recharge rate.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

I think it makes your power recharge as if you had 10 more Winds of Magic in reserve. Obviously you don't actually get 10 more WoM, you just recharge slightly quicker. It's still pretty meh, you can get a lot of WoM bonuses.

Can't recall, does corpse cart have that too?

Depends on the cart version.

Ghorst has all of them on his mount, including the corpse cart buffs and mortis degen.

tabacila

Augur
Tbh, it depends a lot what other mechanics the sisters have, and how many unique effects the super equipment will give. I think throt "only" gets the flesh lab, whereas sisters in theory get various unique events and storyline missions (and more/greater access to the moth lady).

I find the whole dichotomy a bit weird though... they come in the same dlc, so why is anyone upset? You have to buy both. I guess people are bored of playing skaven, but then shouldn't they be glad they make bigger changes to skaven so there's more novelty?

I think people want to see more mechanics in which you can do your own stuff, which Skaven got and keep getting in all their DLCs. It certainly looks cooler to have different screens where you can click on stuff and go your own way as opposed to 'boring' stuff like dilemmas and story missions which could become repetitive in future playthroughs, but I guess it depends on how those dilemmas are implemented.
Keep in mind that CA already said, some time ago, that part of the budget for an older race's DLC goes into it's free re-work. This has extra value for the WE since they are not a WH2 race so if you only have WH2 and get the DLC you will have access to all they new mechanics like map teleporting and healing the tree. I guess you get the least value out of this new DLC if you are only interested in the WE and already own WH1, WH2 and the Realm of the Wood Elves DLC.

Honestly I'm just glad they are willing to go back to races that seemed completely abandoned, though I think Beastmen will only get something in the Chaos focused WH3.

No bug, that's the cheese melting from your spam shade army.
Not using shades with Morathi is the silliest thing ever.

not using ttc like a fucking pleb
IMO it totally fucks up dark elves since it removes AP damage from about 80% of the roster and offers nothing in return. The only things left with AP are T3 Shade (GW) melee, T5 Har Ganeth Executioners, and single entity beasts/scourgerunner chariots. The only reason to use Dark Elven ranged is because every bit of it is AP, even the dirt-cheap darkshards, without that they are badly outranged by everyone else.

Honestly can't figure out how you're supposed to play them if you are Morathi and all your revolts are chaos and therefore spawn armies that are half 90 armor chaos warriors and 105 armor chosen and shit.

Kind of hard to pretend that Skaven aren't the favored race of the devs by now. The monsters look really competitive. Brood Horrors and the lord/hero with them as a mount look like a nightmare SEM to deal with with that speed and fairly cheap price. At this point the only niche that skaven can't cover is fliers and summoning something with guns. Aside from that its basically impossible to predict what build skaven will run with.

Retardo

Learned
Doing a Manfred campaign, holy shit this is brutal. You are surrounded by enemies on all sides. Dwarfs, golden order, all the empire sub-factions and the empire itself all hate you and will declare war on you all the time. My only allies are Vlad and Azhag. Vlad got completely stomped and only has 1 settlement left. And Azhag seems to be happy just chilling in his mountains with his 3 settlements. Meanwhile I am getting raped by empire stacks full of knights, demigryphs and siege weapons from all directions. And auto resolve sucks for vampires so you have to do every battle manually.

And to top it all off clan Moulder declared war on me aswell and there are rebellions everywhere. I think I might need to restart this campaign, but I am already 50-60 turns in, shit.
Dunno about Manlet, but in my Isabella/Vlad campaign the key to success was spending all my money on midgets and forging an alliance with them. They were still useless, but at least kept the orks at bay while I was busy decimating the empire.

Mazisky

Magister
In the forums they said this is the biggest balance patch ever made for the game, with many changes to many lords, units, positions, campaign map etc.

Aside from that its basically impossible to predict what build skaven will run with.
Which is a great thing, IMO.
Just wish that would apply to way more factions than it does.

Well if applied to all the factions then there would hardly be a point to having all the factions if they can all do everything. And it applying to only a few means that they can counter-build against you while you have no possible way to counter-build against them. So I'm kind of undecided. I think if you have a generalist faction it also has to be generally slightly underperforming across all of its builds, but that's definitely not what skaven is at the moment.

And of course, in campaign skaven has such a ridiculous list of added bonuses. Invisible settlement, instant level 4/5 settlements, ambushing on attack, AI with no supply lines spamming 6000 skavenslaves to kill your computer even if they don't kill your army, overpowered army-wide bonuses, summon spam with endless winds of magic from stacked bonuses, special gunnery/beast/eshin actions depending on faction. The only factions that have even a single campaign bonus on the same powerlevel IMO are the dark elves (slaves and black arks), Grom, and maybe Tehenhauin.

Last edited:

Nathir

Liturgist
The Mannfred campaign might be saved boys. After abusing the power of save-scumming (and autism) I am in a position where I made peace with Moulder and fended off like 5 empire stacks, and two dwarven ones with minimal losses to my economy. And a couple of rebellions. Now all I hope is that Grimgor doesn't declare war in the next 10 turns and I think it will be fine.

Manfred is such a beast. Getting 500-1000 kills every battle, soloing demygryph stacks or killing 5 stacks of greatswords with 1 Wind of death. Meanwhile Franz is still lvl 14, 65 turns in, what a loser. Speaking of Franz, I saw the most bizzare AI cheat today. A random empire general runs into my territory with a stack of spearmen/archers into fog. The next turn the guy attacks my settlement and suddenly Franz is leading the army. Wtf?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom