Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Does anyone know if the 2.5 patch for BG1/2:EE adds the IWD:EE only spells for arcane and divine casters? If not, is there a mod that does this?

IWDification

Just a note: you don't need to roll with the brute force method of IWDification. Swordcoast Stratagem's newish update implemented a ton of them with an eye on balance, also implementing them in their own AI scripts. It's baller as fuck

The fucks so bad about an aoe +1/-1?

I mean... I guess it stacks with Prayer to give +2/-2 to everyone, which means your 10d6 fireball gets goes from an average of 10x3.5 damage to 10x5 damage, so +15 to average damage, and the enemies get -15 if they did a fireball. Doesn't seem terribly nerf-worthy though. You have to cast it in battle, its slow, and it makes you slow as hell and mostly useless generally.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Just a note: you don't need to roll with the brute force method of IWDification. Swordcoast Stratagem's newish update implemented a ton of them with an eye on balance, also implementing them in their own AI scripts. It's baller as fuck

i actually forgot iwdification the last time I installed bg. Like it somehow completely slipped my mind to install that lol.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/228280/announcements/detail/3025823552043692355

New 2.6 Beta Available Now!
Is the 2.6 Patch ready to release? Test out the new beta & tell us what you think!

Patch 2.6 is almost ready!
A new Beta for Baldur's Gate:Enhanced Edition is available now, and we want your feedback. Are we ready for the big release? Go on an adventure and share your thoughts!

How to Join the Beta
a10b15ed8bc5e1eae1139ae10ca39ba4049d8e37.png

Important
- This is NOT the last update for BGEE
- 2.6 will not fix every issue— but we hope to improve the game in future updates
- Here's what we've focused on for this patch: 2.6 Patch Items
- System Requirements have changed:
Minimum: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 64-bit, OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 18.04 or equivalent
- Please check your device meets the updated System Requirements before testing
- Make sure your device supports 64-bit games

How to Participate
- Playthrough some quests
- Tell us about *new bugs (the beta shouldn't add any issues) - comment below!
- Tell us about major issues affecting saves, visuals, sound & quality - comment below!
- VOTE on the release, and include your OS (Windows, macOS, Linux)
  • Yes, Release the Patch!
  • No, it's not ready! (Please explain)

*You can also participate on the Beamdog Forums!

How to opt-in & verify you're using the correct version
  • Please make sure you're using a clean (unmodded) install. Clear your override folder before testing the beta build
  • In your Steam Library, Right-Click Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and choose “Properties”
  • Click on the Beta Tab
  • Choose the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu
  • If you don't see the road_to_2.6 in the drop down menu, please restart Steam
  • In-game, on the main menu, you will see that the build is 2.6.2.0

We won't move forward with a 2.6 Patch release until we hear feedback from enough Windows, Linux & macOS players for each game included in this update:
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (New Beta Available!)
  • Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (New Beta Available!)
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition (New Beta Available!)

Check out testing progress on the Beamdog Forums!

Vote Below (include your OS)
Is the 2.6 Patch ready to release?
  • Yes, Release the Patch! [Windows / macOS / Linux]
  • No, It's not ready! [Windows / macOS / Linux]

Also BG2:EE.

Xeon

Augur
Huh, I don't think there is any benefit for them to still patch the games. Unless BG3 is giving them some exposure again or something. Not sure what dropping support for 32bit system could help for such an old game. I doubt most people who own the EE still use 32bit systems but still feels kinda weird.

Overall, kudus for continuing the support after all these years I guess.

I'm getting around to playing Baldur's Gate EE for the first time. This series was an obsession for me, so I thought it might be fun to compare it to Kingmaker since I just got done with my 2nd KM play through. My last BG play-through was in 2014 or 2015. I wanted to see what vanilla was like, but also try out the Beamdog content. I'm also running linux now, so EE seemed like a no brainer. Thus far, the game holds up very well. Character building is pretty much non-existent, but the game itself is still very enjoyable. Many of the companions in KM were "meh", so the relatively lower interaction with my party members is actually a bit refreshing.

Outside of loading times, all the beamdog changes do actually suck. I do not like their UI changes at all. I plan on taking both Neera and Rasad, though Neera is making me hold my nose already. I've only just gotten to the Nashkel mines. I've got a long way to go until SoD, but I'm having a great time anyway. This game truly is a masterpiece.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Beamdog's version is pretty bad compared to a well modded installation, but that would require some knowledge and effort to set up.

Pizzashoes Mods got me rehooked back into the game. I have a mod list and install order guide on my profile that I made.
Game 1
Game 2
No CD Hack
Ascension
Wheels of Prophecy
Baldur's Gate 2 Fixpack

Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Baldur's Gate Trilogy Tweaks

--------------------
Baldur's Gate 1 Mods
--------------------
Baldur's Gate I Restored Narration
Baldur's gate Lightmaps
Baldur's Gate Unfinished Business
Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests & Encounters
NPCs
Baldur's Gate NPC Project
Level 1 NPCs
Sword Coast Strategems I
Baldur's Gate Tweaks

---------------------------
Baldur's Gate 2 Mods & Else
---------------------------
Baldur's Gate 2 Unfinished Business
Pocket Plane Group Quest Pack
Assassinations
Pocket Plane Banter
iepBanter
Baldur's Gate 2 Creature Fixer
Oversight
Rogue Rebalancing
Improved Horns
Item Revisions
One Pixel Productions
Baldur's Gate II Sheild Animation Fix
PnP Free Action
Wildmage Expansion
WizardSlayer Mod
Shapeshifter Mod
Spell Revisions
Picky Familiars
PnP Celestials
Sword Coast Strategems II
gMinion
Baldur's Gate II Tweaks
aTweaks
eSeries (PC Scripts)
WideScreen
Generalized Biffing
Throne of Bhaal Extender
Refinements

I played it enough for year unmodded to where I remember the differences. I do want to play through it unmodded for comparison, but I'm still getting the urge to install some of my favorites. One in particular that gets looked over is aTweaks from Spellhold studios. The PnP Fiends feature makes devils and demons FAR more threatening both in stats and behavior. Moving caster HLA to a single innate per day was also a really good feature. Wheels of Prophecy also gave Monks some badass HLA that almost make them worth the investment. That being said, I'm probably going to drop Rasad after I do his BG quest. I don't feel like carrying his dead weight to the Underdark before he starts performing.

It's amazing how non-EE BG functions, since apparently there's around 10 or 20 bugs per spell what with how every EE patch fixes "hundreds" of bugs every time they update.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So not only do they keep patching it to fuckup the mods, but now they're changing system requirements so that some poor sod on a potato PC can't play it?. Watta bunch of cunts.

Gargaune

Magister
So not only do they keep patching it to fuckup the mods, but now they're changing system requirements so that some poor sod on a potato PC can't play it?. Watta bunch of cunts.
It's not like that, they're trying to tidy up their overextended pipelines. Beamdog's a relatively small company, and while they're not dealing with AAA-level developments here, they're covering so many different platforms that it's clearly difficult for them to keep up - you've got the IE-based EEs on multiple PC storefronts, Android, iOS, Xbox and PS, and then NWN EE on PCs, Android and iOS.

All those permutations are a maintenance nightmare, so now that Apple's forced them to migrate to 64-bit anyway, they're deprecating the outgoing 32-bit support to streamline their production processes.

Xeon

Augur
Man, if the only reason they dropped 32bit was because of mobile then that's kinda fucked up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom