Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hellion

Arcane
After reading some of the questions in that IGN video above ("are Life Paths equal to three distinct playthroughs", "is driving like Gran Turismo", "can you enter every building" etc), I think the main reason the game will receive any sort of flak/backlash is because of people's unreasonably high expectations and hype after all that time. It will end up being simply "fine/good" and people will hate it because it wasn't the mostest amazingest gamest everest.

Provided it is playable and non-buggy, of course.

Robber Baron

Savant
Nah, CDPR did everything they could to secure those sweet GTA shekels in their marketing, now watch how console players(the majority) start flinging shit when they see how shitty the game looks and plays. Dead city with the same 4 braindead copypasted pedestrians roaming the streets. You can't cause havoc and have fun in a typical GTA fashion, everything is slow as fuck and buggy and junky.
Just wait and see

It's CoD shekels if anything, the real GTA crowd plays in third-person only while all the game's marketing makes strong effort to emphasis the CoD-like first person bombastic narrative.

Gerrard

Arcane
There were no dialogue choices that would suggest you can be anything but an edgy asshole, some neutral ones at best, but seeing how the actual spoken dialogue has little to do with what you pick that's left to be seen.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Is the PS4 version censored or is it that way on all platforms?

vCwYoOU.jpg

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh wow, censorship like this is major decline.

Not that PS5 users have earned anything less, FPS with controllers is all kinds of Ass.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Oh wow, censorship like this is major decline.

Not that PS5 users have earned anything less, FPS with controllers is all kinds of Ass.
SONY has become a bit pussified of late.

Doesn't the PS5 monitor everything players are saying through voice chat and issue bans if "innapropriate language" is detected?

Zer0wing

Cipher
Acting like an edgetard jackass in Deus Ex series: :-DDD WhAt Ae sHaEm xD I gaev her my besd shod! 8===:> YEAH, RIP! *bitchslapping intensifies*
Acting like an edgetard in Cyberpunk 2077: "That's over the line, CDPR!"
SOYDEX DISAPPROVES!
eee2d41b0558f5511c6f8040d0e4f6c8.jpg

I have some gripes with the quality of writing for edgy dialogue lines but don't act holier than thou guys, you look like complete jackasses.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Could be on all platforms and not just on the PS4, that PC video has that not look of final game disclaimer on top and the car interior was changed a bit too. I'm going to assume it's just the Poles being huge pussies again and that it won't be there on PC either until things are confirmed. I'm going to laugh my ass off if this cope that it's just on the soystation turns out to be false.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Acting like an edgetard jackass in Deus Ex series: :-DDD WhAt Ae sHaEm xD I gaev her my besd shod! 8===:> YEAH, RIP! *bitchslapping intensifies*
Acting like an edgetard in Cyberpunk 2077: "That's over the line, CDPR!"
SOYDEX DISAPPROVES!
Cynical don't-give-a-flying-fuck attitude of JC Denton hasn't been surpassed yet. Notice how he didn't try to sound EDGY and over the top - just deadfaced delivery in a lieu of "I was never properly trained in its operation"

Zer0wing

Cipher
Cynical don't-give-a-flying-fuck attitude of JC Denton hasn't been surpassed yet. Notice how he didn't try to sound EDGY and over the top - just deadfaced delivery in a lieu of "I was never properly trained in its operation"
No-no-no, you don't get it. Locals act like the mere fact of edge in CP2077 is a huge turn off. Only two persons questioned the delivery of lines. One in this, the other outside of this thread.
Besides, acting cynical on purpose can be greatly written too, you don't have to mimic JC.

Wesp5

Arcane
... seeing how the actual spoken dialogue has little to do with what you pick that's left to be seen.

This has annoyed me from the first videos they have shown. Why show a concrete line if your character is saying something else anyway? This is the first thing I would want to have modded if it's possible. And restoration of things like the poster in case CPR is cool enough to have the original texture hidden somewhere in the game files ;)!

Rieser

Scholar
... seeing how the actual spoken dialogue has little to do with what you pick that's left to be seen.

This has annoyed me from the first videos they have shown. Why show a concrete line if your character is saying something else anyway? This is the first thing I would want to have modded if it's possible. And restoration of things like the poster in case CPR is cool enough to have the original texture hidden somewhere in the game files ;)!

Yes. Makes me think of Fallout 4 and Alpha Protocol which had a similar approach, though here it doesn't seem quite as shit as in F4.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yes. Makes me think of Fallout 4 and Alpha Protocol which had a similar approach, though here it doesn't seem quite as shit as in F4.
There, another two who have managed to miss Witcher 3 for five years since release and 25 mln copies sold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom