Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you have a 144hz g-sync monitor then RivaTuner is pretty essential to cap your framerate without v-sync. It does it better with less delay than the GPU drivers do.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
SOYNY PONYS COPING ALREADY!!!! Cybercope2077!!!

zCybercope2077.png

It looks barely different

You might want to check up on those glasses. The thumbnail alone shows a huge difference.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Setting up the xbox was ridiculously simple. Boot it up, it asks to connect to your phone app, while it downloads the system update you continue to configure the console settings through your phone.

I waited more time just browsing gamepass and choosing stuff to download, so much awesome stuff there that when I spent a full day just downloading games.

Couple of things about the console itself. Its very hefty and solid, feels like a product with top build quality. Also it's super quiet, fast to boot and load everything, UI is also very snappy, a marked improvement from what I was used to on the ps4.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you can't even swap a fucking drive on a PC without looking at a guide then you have no business using a PC. Fuck off.

Never used an NVME and know literally nothing about using them, so yeah I'm gonna Google real quick. You'd have to be absolutely retarded not to. I guess you're the guy who drove in circles for hours instead of asking for directions, back in the day.

Melcar

Arcane
If you can't even swap a fucking drive on a PC without looking at a guide then you have no business using a PC. Fuck off.

Never used an NVME and know literally nothing about using them, so yeah I'm gonna Google real quick. You'd have to be absolutely retarded not to. I guess you're the guy who drove in circles for hours instead of asking for directions, back in the day.

How else are you supposed to get anywhere?

Anyway, read the fucking motherboard manual at least.

DemonKing

Arcane
I'm enjoying the PS5 so far - UI is a lot snappier than the PS4 Pro (especially the PS Store) and the load times are really good in comparison. The controller is ok but has some odd angles at the base of my palms that I notice occasionally (I would have preferred it be more rounded).

Biggest improvement by far is the end of the jet engine fan noise though.

A horse of course

Setting up the xbox was ridiculously simple. Boot it up, it asks to connect to your phone app, while it downloads the system update you continue to configure the console settings through your phone.

I waited more time just browsing gamepass and choosing stuff to download, so much awesome stuff there that when I spent a full day just downloading games.

Couple of things about the console itself. Its very hefty and solid, feels like a product with top build quality. Also it's super quiet, fast to boot and load everything, UI is also very snappy, a marked improvement from what I was used to on the ps4.

Wow, it sounds great! I can't wait for it to get some games to go with the box.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
While with the XBox and PS you have to configure so much that 1st time that it ain't even funny

like what? The only thing I ever had to fiddle with were the settings regarding the TV. You're right with the gamepatches of course.

All those things I described were what both my friends with a PS4 had to go through when they unboxed it

The only home console I have is ac chipped GameCube and right after I burn a DVD with a game all I have to do is just insert the disc and play away
That's always been the appeal of consoles

Now you have to make system updates and pay for internet acess
Now you have to install your games before playing and unnistall them when the hardrive gets filled out
Where's the difference to having a PC? Hell where's the fucking advantage over one?

Tehdagah

Arcane
SOYNY PONYS COPING ALREADY!!!! Cybercope2077!!!

zCybercope2077.png

It looks barely different

You might want to check up on those glasses. The thumbnail alone shows a huge difference.

The lighting is different and a few textures are worse and that's it

908436d2e1770d6e124d77866e26ac4e.jpeg

Watch the video. The main character model is better, the lighting is different and there are some better textures but that's it. In some segments it looks borderline identical. Not a case like this:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So my xbox series x arrived this week, installed a bunch of gamepass stuff... my wife is the one giving it the most use tho, Tetris effect. Quite a beautiful looking and sounding game, not expecting.

Why there are framed Stormtrooper helmets on the wall?

A gift from a friend of ours who enjoys doing "pointilism" artwork. The drawing is made up of many little dots to form the image, quite cool.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Still a month till mine arrive if they respect the date. I saw they moved the date back to 14/12 on new orders so I was hoping it would get it in time for Cyberpunk but now its not even purchasable on their site.
Prob gonna show up some time in februari with my luck.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So when does it actually HAPPEN? When can one buy one of these goddamn things?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom