Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Semiurge

Cipher
What a clunky mess this will turn out to be. Neither good fps nor good rpg, not even a GTA clone. The butthurt and meltdown will be glorious, especially from the console crowd.

Look at this shit

When even IGN can't muster enthusiasm towards your latest AAA production you know smth is up.

Denial and cope in the comment sections is hilarious.

Important insight in the comments:

- The fact that you really can’t see your in-depth customized character in 3rd person reallyyy irritates me.

- Key Takeaway: Spend less time customizing my face, more time on the fingers.

Could be on all platforms and not just on the PS4, that PC video has that not look of final game disclaimer on top and the car interior was changed a bit too. I'm going to assume it's just the Poles being huge pussies again and that it won't be there on PC either until things are confirmed. I'm going to laugh my ass off if this cope that it's just on the soystation turns out to be false.

Muslim prayer mat in Witcher 2 release version, quickly removed with a patch. Never forget.

Gargaune

Magister
Important insight in the comments:

- The fact that you really can’t see your in-depth customized character in 3rd person reallyyy irritates me.

- Key Takeaway: Spend less time customizing my face, more time on the fingers.
Didn't they say they were gonna have some sort of "photo mode" to pop into 3rd person for screenshots or whatnot? Anyway, not surprised but still disappointed at these questions, no one asked if we can wear baggy coats that make us look bigger than we really are.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Codex hates CDPR just as much as Resetera. Trannies and closet homosexuals coming together as one, in an ultimate showing of fringe weirdo unity. Warms my cold, withered heart. :hug:
The Codex hates any popular developer that makes successful games.
Yeah, just like retarded book nerds hate 50 Shades and read stupid shit like Dostoevsky and film nerds aren't clever enough to understand that Avengers: Endgame is better than anything Kubrick ever made. Why do some people hate fun and everything that is popular? Some people are too stupid to live if they can't understand that the bottom line is how much money something makes and the more money it does make the better it inherently is. They are just born contrarians I guess. Fuck the haters, I'm going to play some Skyrim now, the objectively best RPG game of all time.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Didn't they say they were gonna have some sort of "photo mode" to pop into 3rd person for screenshots or whatnot?
dead-rising-4.jpg

ChildInTime

Learned
Someone frankensteined the 2018 version of chippin' in from the recent gameplay and exclusive japanese trailers. Sounds way better than the garbage cover by Refused.

Someone frankensteined the 2018 version of chippin' in from the recent gameplay and exclusive japanese trailers. Sounds way better than the garbage cover by Refused.

Finally, I've been looking all over for this version ever since they released that first big gameplay vid. Far superior to the official Refused version. Thanks, mate.

Zer0wing

Cipher
There's a cover with lyrics from PnP. Sounds almost 1:1.

Far superior to the official Refused version.
It's not as agressive as it supposed be. Too nice to stirr up the crowd and encourage riots against corp. This is what a hasbeen Kerry Eurodyne would perform solo. This is still not Johnny Silverhand.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
It's not as agressive as it supposed be. Too nice to stirr up the crowd and encourage riots against corp. This is what a hasbeen Kerry Eurodyne would perform solo. This is still not Johnny Silverhand.
Refused lost their edge after reunion; Refused circa 1998 would have been a good fit to the aggressive side, now they play some kind of lame post-hardcore.

Should have signed Hatebreed for the soundtrack, lol.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I heard both songs, both for the first time to be honest, and I don't feel like I've lost much. Of course the 80s-sounding earlier version is superior and the Refused is refuse. But still I'm not feeling neither this kind of rock music, nor the zoomer rap. I think I'll spend most of my gameplay tuned to the 1940s jazz station. I hope they'll have licensed some of the good stuff from Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey and Benny Goodman.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The Music certainly has not won me Over, it may still work in context of the game but thus far it has been cringe to meh at best.

But thats coming from a dude who listens to Old game OSTs when listening to music so *shrug*

Zer0wing

Cipher
Refused lost their edge after reunion; Refused circa 1998 would have been a good fit to the aggressive side, now they play some kind of lame post-hardcore.
One can't expect much from a digital ghost but at least he remembers the notes. What a coincedence, Refused and JS are both ghosts of their previous selves.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Music certainly has not won me Over, it may still work in context of the game but thus far it has been cringe to meh at best.

But thats coming from a dude who listens to Old game OSTs when listening to music so *shrug*
Heh, my soundtrack for work used to be Max Payne's ripped music, unpacked from the game files, Hitman 2's OST, and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, depending on my mood. And I used to play Grim Fandango's OST while doing stuff around the house. Nowadays I've stopped using soundtrack for work, I don't want to associate good tracks with the stuff I work on, I prefer to remember past years when I play those tracks occasionally.

AwesomeButton

Patron
For Silverfish and whoever else hasn't played Witcher 3. Also for S.torch on why I call it an interactive movie.

BTW, I don't care to look up who it was, but some dumbfuck recently said that women don't make good writers.

AwesomeButton

Patron
And I used to play Grim Fandango's OST while doing stuff around the house.

Some of the music in Rubacava is great. Funny that I played that game over two decades ago and the music is still stuck in my head!
Peter McConnel is the composer, and I think to date that is the work he is most known for. His tracks "Calavera Cafe" and "Swanky Maximino" in particular are inspired from Benny Goodman's clarinet solo pieces and Duke Ellington's work respectively.

Silverfish

Arbiter
For Silverfish and whoever else hasn't played Witcher 3. Also for S.torch on why I call it an interactive movie.

BTW, I don't care to look up who it was, but some dumbfuck recently said that women don't make good writers.

My dismissal of The Witcher was clearly off-base. It's not a knock off of Final Fantasy / JRPG tropes, it actually needs to work its way up to that level. Because, if the video posted is any indication, we're not too far beyond late 80's after-school special territory.

Also, to your other point? Women generally make for good authors, but in the modern entertainment landscape, are more often than not forced to play against their strengths.

Oh look, a butthurt faggot got out of the woodwork because i attacked his addiction, like any heroin addict.... Look pal, video games are TOYS. Get over it.

No, video games are art. Otherwise, my choices wouldn't be valid.

Yes. They are. I have much worse addictions than toys, believe me.

But while we're on the subject
20201126-044215.jpg

At least there are no jars in sight.

ADL

Prophet
They're gonna talk about Cyberpunk Online early next year
https://twinfinite.net/2020/11/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-season-pass-multiplayer/

“So, first, we don’t call it modes. It’s a separate dedicated production, a big production. And we plan — we think about it as a standalone product. Obviously, it’s not entirely standalone as it comes from the universe of Cyberpunk and is very much related to the concept of single-player Cyberpunk we — I came up with.

But from our perspective, it’s — is another independent production and independent team of people works on it. And there’s — I said already we are not focusing right now on talking too much about other future products, products that are to be released after Cyberpunk. So please be with us in the first quarter of next year when we plan to share some strategy update. And I believe Cyberpunk multiplayer will be possible.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom