Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Black Angel

Arcane
Jeez why would you go through all this trouble when you can just one-click install VNV and play that immediately.
Wha? Or did you mean just follow VNV instead of making this half-hearted attempt of starting from F&LNV then carrying onto VNV? I already said my reason. I'm not saying it's a pain in the ass starting from scratch with VNV-MO2. Hell, skimming through the Core Module alone seemed like it's going to take half the time it took me to setup F&L-MO1. But I'm currently on a situation where I had to sleep at my workplace for 5 nights a week due to distance, so my spare time is agonizingly limited.

Anyway, turns out Helmet Overlay mod is the cause of main menu freeze. Not sure why, I tried reading the modpage and didn't get a single thing, though haven't taken a look at the .esp through xEdit, but I can live perfectly without it. So I re-activated the rest of Project Nevada alternative mods, but now the main menu load comparably slower than before.

I'm actually finished modding the game as per VNV guide, but as per F&L I need to do the thing where I have to generate bash tags for each and every plugins. But it's an obvious pain in the ass, so I tried playing around and when I entered the Goodsprings Saloon to try Sunny Smiles's tutorial, the game just freeze on the loading screen :lol:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Navmesh Fixes and Improvements.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
TheHUDEditor.esm
Landscape_Seam_Fix.esm
Uncut Road to Legate's Camp.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
JIP Selective-Fire.esm
BraveNewWorld.esm
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
TLD_Travelers.esm
Freeside Redone.esm
Lightweight Strip Overhaul.esm
PHWHPAPVisuals.esm
Cyberware.esm
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
Unofficial Patch Plus.esp
Unofficial Patch Plus - Addendum.esp
WMIMNV.esp
WMIM Addendum.esp
Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix.esp
FIXforLegionArmors.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
JIP Improved Recipe Menu.esp
JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating.esp
KeyBoy Hotkeys.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
FlashlightNVSE.esp
Simple DLC Delay.esp
Vanilla UI Plus.esp
CPI Icons.esp
Enslave Gannon fix.esp
Melee Reach Revised.esp
Psycho and Slasher Bonus Damage Fix.esp
DisableMuzzleFlashLights.esp
No more giant manhole covers.esp
Motion Sickness Reduction Mod.esp
Tutorial Killer.esp
NoTrapsPopup.esp
FOVSlider.esp
Game Tweaks..esp
Core - YUP - WMIM Patch.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
EnhancedGrass_NoVL.esp
A Wasteland in Bloom.esp
STDG.esp
Book of Steel.esp
Distributed Necklaces and Chains.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
Holster.esp
Pip-Boy Light - Vanilla.esp
Weapon Retexture Project.esp
YUP - WRP Patch.esp
WTH AMR Fix.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
B42Inertia.esp
B42 Weapon Inertia - Config INI.esp
Little More Lamplight.esp
Burning Campfire.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
BC2.esp
Bathroom Doors Fix.esp
CIB Bighorners - HH.esp
CIB Bighorners.esp
Alsatian NCR Guard Dogs.esp
NVAnimatedTerninalScreenSaver.esp
OWB-Path Lights.esp
JSawyer Ultimate.esp
JSUE Addendum.esp
Economy Overhaul.esp
Economy Overhaul Addendum.esp
Mojave Arsenal.esp
Mojave Wildlife (Vanilla-Style + No Chanced).esp
Mojave Raiders.esp
Mojave Raiders Addendum.esp
JSawyer Ultimate - Mojave Arsenal Patch.esp
JSawyer Ultimate - Mojave Raiders Patch.esp
YUP_MojaveArsenal.esp
JSUE_BookOfSteel.esp
Follower Tweaks.esp
Changed Vendor Flags.esp
BLEEDNV.esp
BLEED Addendum.esp
Unfound Loot.esp
NPCsSprint.esp
Real Recoil.esp
Yukichigai Gameplay Tweaks.esp
RaestlozFactionArmorEnhancement.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
VNV Follower Tweaks.esp
Quickthrow.esp
JustModsAssorted.esp
Enhanced Vision.esp
Simple Explosive Entry.esp
Immersive Minigames.esp
Immersive Primary Needs.esp
Universal Item Sorter.esp
Cyberware OWB.esp
Cyberware-Quickthrow Patch.esp
Qolore Gameplay Tweaks.esp
GRA Scavenger Hunt Unbalanced.esp
BetterNCRSupplyCache.esp
Honest Hearts Workbench Crate Luck.esp
Toxic Cloud Fix.esp
Character Creation Streamlined.esp
SGO - CCS Compatible.esp
VWBarterRepairCosts.esp
VWPerceptionRangedAccuracy.esp
Stat Choices.esp
NPC Use Aid.esp
Gameplay - JSUE - WRP Patch.esp
Gameplay - JSUE - YGT Patch.esp
Gameplay - WMIM - JSUE Patch.esp
Gameplay - YUP - BLEED Patch.esp
Laurens_Bathroom_poetry.esp
outsidebets.esp
outsidebets_meyersfix.esp
Uncut Wasteland.esp
Uncut Extra Collection.esp
CutMerged.esp
TMCOTT - Restored.esp
Mojave Raiders - TLD Patch.esp
BraveNewWorld-ArmorReplacerChildNPCFix.esp
BraveNewWorld-YUP.esp
BraveNewWorld-OutsideBets.esp
BraveNewWorld-UncutExtraCollection.esp
BraveNewWorld-JSU.esp
BraveNewWorld-MojaveRaiders.esp
NVR- Lore version.esp
Voice dissonance fix.esp
Lightweight Strip Overhaul - Uncut Wasteland Patch.esp
Lucky38Overhaul.esp
Lore Friendly Armor Pack.esp
FNVOppositeTraits.esp
Improved Traits.esp
Improved Traits Improved.esp
Baddarkl Perk Overhaul.esp
All Weapon Sounds Overhaul .esp
Explosive Sounds Overhaul.esp
Combat Music.esp
Beyond The Beef Tweaks.esp
The Law Won.esp
vault22FloralOverhaul.esp
CloudGrenades.esp
Toasterizer.esp
Burden to Bear Armor.esp
ImmersivePickupSoundsFNV.esp
Content - JSUE - Improved Traits Patch.esp
Content - JSUE - Lore Friendly Armor Pack Patch.esp
Content - JSUE - Opposite Traits Patch.esp
Content - JSUE - Perk Overhaul Patch.esp
Content - JSUE - Uncut Wasteland Patch.esp
Content - Mojave Raiders - Uncut Wasteland Patch.esp
Content - WFO - TLD Patch.esp
Content - YUP - Perk Overhaul Patch.esp
Content - YUP - TMCOTT Restored Patch.esp
FNVLODGen.esp
tmzLODadditions.esp
Clarity - Dark Nights.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
So now I have some options:
  1. Merge plugins, especially the VNV's Module Resolution plugins to reduce plugin count
  2. Maybe follow F&L finishing guide, start generating bash tags to each and every plugin, then create a bashed patch
  3. Just nuke the whole thing and start from scratch with VNV and MO2's proper :negative:
  4. Or be a true Codexer and uninstall New Vegas :dealwithit:

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
I'm saying just install VNV using Wabbajack, which takes 2 minutes, and be done with it
Intriguing. I didn't know there an app to instantly install mods from modlist. However, it seems Qolore didn't support it atm, so I'm not risking it.

Now that I think about it, I haven't done the INI tweaks as recommended by VNV, which is different from that of F&L, so I'm going to check those out, and also TTW Performance Guide https://taleoftwowastelands.com/viewtopic.php?t=6050

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Reminds me of the Big World Project installer for the Baldur's Gate games. Very interesting.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm saying just install VNV using Wabbajack, which takes 2 minutes, and be done with it
Intriguing. I didn't know there an app to instantly install mods from modlist. However, it seems Qolore didn't support it atm, so I'm not risking it.

Now that I think about it, I haven't done the INI tweaks as recommended by VNV, which is different from that of F&L, so I'm going to check those out, and also TTW Performance Guide https://taleoftwowastelands.com/viewtopic.php?t=6050
It works flawlessly, but the choice is yours.

Black Angel

Arcane

Thank you for your recommendation. Will consider doing it in the future if I'm too lazy to properly mod the game.

Anyway, despite following VNV's INI tweaks, the game would still freezes upon entering the loading screen to Goodsprings Saloon. Hell, I even found that the game would also freeze when entering Doc Mitchell's house. I finally resorted to manually creating merged patch by way of FNVEdit (creating an empty, merged patch plugin, upon which I 'Deep Copy Override into' with the records I wanted to merge patch), and created a merged patch for VNV's Gameplay and Content Conflict Resolution patches, and also another one for Brave New World patches. It helped, kinda, since I could finally enter Doc Mitchell's house normally, and also finally able to enter Goodsprings Saloon. And yet the game stuttered very, VERY badly despite playing on my brother's brand new PC, and I also encountered black objects in the saloon. Even worse, when exiting the saloon to start Sunny Smiles tutorial, the game would stutter even worse than before, whereas entering and exiting the General Store worked just fine.

Who knows why, maybe I did the merge patch wrong, or perhaps even with Mod Limit Fix the PC's doomed to be unable to play beyond 135 plugin count. And so, that's it, folks. I'm now at my wit's end, and I think the only way to fix this is to nuke the entire thing, re-install New Vegas from scratch, then proceed to mod using Viva New Vegas's proper. May those who read this learned a lesson from my foul endeavor. Cheers
icon_drunk.gif

d1r

Patron

Thank you for your recommendation. Will consider doing it in the future if I'm too lazy to properly mod the game.

Anyway, despite following VNV's INI tweaks, the game would still freezes upon entering the loading screen to Goodsprings Saloon. Hell, I even found that the game would also freeze when entering Doc Mitchell's house. I finally resorted to manually creating merged patch by way of FNVEdit (creating an empty, merged patch plugin, upon which I 'Deep Copy Override into' with the records I wanted to merge patch), and created a merged patch for VNV's Gameplay and Content Conflict Resolution patches, and also another one for Brave New World patches. It helped, kinda, since I could finally enter Doc Mitchell's house normally, and also finally able to enter Goodsprings Saloon. And yet the game stuttered very, VERY badly despite playing on my brother's brand new PC, and I also encountered black objects in the saloon. Even worse, when exiting the saloon to start Sunny Smiles tutorial, the game would stutter even worse than before, whereas entering and exiting the General Store worked just fine.

Who knows why, maybe I did the merge patch wrong, or perhaps even with Mod Limit Fix the PC's doomed to be unable to play beyond 135 plugin count. And so, that's it, folks. I'm now at my wit's end, and I think the only way to fix this is to nuke the entire thing, re-install New Vegas from scratch, then proceed to mod using Viva New Vegas's proper. May those who read this learned a lesson from my foul endeavor. Cheers
icon_drunk.gif

135 mod count has been fixed.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68714

Try New Vegas Heap Replacer in combination with New Vegas TickFix, and the 4GB LAA patch.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69779?tab=posts&BH=2

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66537

Black Angel

Arcane
135 mod count has been fixed.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68714

Try New Vegas Heap Replacer in combination with New Vegas TickFix, and the 4GB LAA patch.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69779?tab=posts&BH=2

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66537
I already used all that, fine sir. Like I said, I used Viva New Vegas's Core Module, and even before that I consulted Risewild and he gave exactly all those mods.

Maybe the way I installed them were wrong? And it's obvious the mistake here is trying to bruteforce the obsolete Mod Organizer 1. Anyway, I shall nuke the game this morning and start from scratch. I already have all the archived mods downloaded, so the only thing that would take a while would be setting up Mod Organizer 2 itself.

Zanzoken

Arcane
So I've only ever done one run of New Vegas, and that was just the vanilla base game. I decided to start another playthrough, this time with mods, and here's where I ended up on mod selection.

g4WjZgW.png
This is based on following the Viva New Vegas guide, with only a select few mods left out (mostly just those involving followers, which I don't like using, plus additional quests made by modders since those are usually shit). I have tested up until the end of the tutorial and everything appears to be functioning as intended.

This will be my first time playing with the JE Sawyer Ultimate mod and others intended to make the game more difficult. Can anyone recommend a good build? I'd like to play the game in a somewhat realistic fashion, which to me means only carrying one main weapon + a sidearm or two + a realistic amount of ammunition and supplies. I guess best described as a ranger / sniper? But open to other suggestions if you have some other type of character that is cool. I should also add that I don't really love the gameplay of nu-Fallouts that much, so mainly playing this for the story.

Cheers gents. :salute:

Black Angel

Arcane
With the latest update to Brave New World, which included a compatibility patch with Character Expansions Revised, BNW is now well and truly compatible with Viva New Vegas guide, discounting the fact that it still has minor incompatibility with I Fought the Law - NCR Start which is an optional Content mod by the guide. I'd estimate BNW can be plugged into the Audio tab of the Content installation part of the guide, the Revoice Only version that is, and from there you can include all the patches for all the mods you used.

On side note, I'm having a problem with some NPCs being duplicated, more specifically the cut Wasteland Adventurer NPC, which is seemingly restored by both Character Expansion Revised and JSawyer Ultimate Edition. A compatibility patch has been made by VNV author, but as it turns out the duplication problem is caused by New Vegas Uncut #5: A Wilder Wasteland, which restored said NPC. How did the mod did it, I have no idea, since I checked it on FNVEdit, and it doesn't edit the records related to the cut NPC in the ways CER and JSUE did. So now I most likely have to ditch Uncut #5 and lose the extra encounter with Benny.

Still, any idea how Uncut #5 restored the cut NPC without actually altering any of the records related to it as can be identified by FNVEdit? Or maybe I should try opening the mod in GECK.... Paging Risewild to enlighten me on this conundrum.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Just think, you could be playing New Vegas right now instead of messing with mod files

I've seen modheads that say that spending 8-24 hours to a week downloading, installing, configuring and patching mods is 90% of the fun. Once they get their patchwork running perfectly they play an hour then move on to the next project. We shouldn't judge these "voyagers" (as the mad psychiatrist played by Donald Pleasance in Alone in the Dark called them) who are very deeply into their own space.

jnGlZCW.gif

Black Angel

Arcane
Right... about that, I've actually finished modding the game via VNV guide on my brother's PC. Even got to plug in BNW in there, which is why I posted that update.

The only problem now is time. *sigh* real-life sucks balls.

Eastwood

Educated
Just think, you could be playing New Vegas right now instead of messing with mod files

I've seen modheads that say that spending 8-24 hours to a week downloading, installing, configuring and patching mods is 90% of the fun. Once they get their patchwork running perfectly they play an hour then move on to the next project. We shouldn't judge these "voyagers" (as the mad psychiatrist played by Donald Pleasance in Alone in the Dark called them) who are very deeply into their own space.
Y-yeah right, h-haha. Bunch of weirdos. I would never do something like that...
:despair:

d1r

Patron
With the latest update to Brave New World, which included a compatibility patch with Character Expansions Revised, BNW is now well and truly compatible with Viva New Vegas guide, discounting the fact that it still has minor incompatibility with I Fought the Law - NCR Start which is an optional Content mod by the guide. I'd estimate BNW can be plugged into the Audio tab of the Content installation part of the guide, the Revoice Only version that is, and from there you can include all the patches for all the mods you used.

On side note, I'm having a problem with some NPCs being duplicated, more specifically the cut Wasteland Adventurer NPC, which is seemingly restored by both Character Expansion Revised and JSawyer Ultimate Edition. A compatibility patch has been made by VNV author, but as it turns out the duplication problem is caused by New Vegas Uncut #5: A Wilder Wasteland, which restored said NPC. How did the mod did it, I have no idea, since I checked it on FNVEdit, and it doesn't edit the records related to the cut NPC in the ways CER and JSUE did. So now I most likely have to ditch Uncut #5 and lose the extra encounter with Benny.

Still, any idea how Uncut #5 restored the cut NPC without actually altering any of the records related to it as can be identified by FNVEdit? Or maybe I should try opening the mod in GECK.... Paging Risewild to enlighten me on this conundrum.

You can use FNVEdit to disable the Uncut Wasteland spawn though.

First check your load order and look up on what position Uncut Wasteland #5 is (1Bxxxxx for example), then go ingame, and search for the Wasteland Adventurer that has been added by Uncut Wasteland by opening up the console and clicking on the NPC (NPC should have the 1B as its first two numbers).

Write down the reference number, start FNVEdit, put the number in the search field, search for it, and you should get the NPC Ref that you can disable.

Black Angel

Arcane
You can use FNVEdit to disable the Uncut Wasteland spawn though.

First check your load order and look up on what position Uncut Wasteland #5 is (1Bxxxxx for example), then go ingame, and search for the Wasteland Adventurer that has been added by Uncut Wasteland by opening up the console and clicking on the NPC (NPC should have the 1B as its first two numbers).

Write down the reference number, start FNVEdit, put the number in the search field, search for it, and you should get the NPC Ref that you can disable.

The aforementioned uncut mod isn't the Uncut Wasteland by sandbox6, but part of the New Vegas Uncut series by moburma80, in this case the 5th of the series as I linked in my post.

Neither Uncut Wasteland.esp nor Uncut Extra Collection.esp (both the only files recommended by VNV) actually meddled with the cut Wasteland Adventurer NPC, as I could remember from taking a glance at FNVEdit. Instead, it was both Character Expansion Revised and JSawyer Ultimate Edition, as can be seen from the FNVEdit. And as the mod itself says on its description page, New Vegas Uncut #5: A Wilder Wasteland. And yet, taking a good look at the .esp on FNVEdit, revealed that the mod doesn't meddle with the cut NPC in any way at all. So how it restored the cut NPC, I have no idea, hence the duplication.

Risewild

Arbiter
The aforementioned uncut mod isn't the Uncut Wasteland by sandbox6, but part of the New Vegas Uncut series by moburma80, in this case the 5th of the series as I linked in my post.

Neither Uncut Wasteland.esp nor Uncut Extra Collection.esp (both the only files recommended by VNV) actually meddled with the cut Wasteland Adventurer NPC, as I could remember from taking a glance at FNVEdit. Instead, it was both Character Expansion Revised and JSawyer Ultimate Edition, as can be seen from the FNVEdit. And as the mod itself says on its description page, New Vegas Uncut #5: A Wilder Wasteland. And yet, taking a good look at the .esp on FNVEdit, revealed that the mod doesn't meddle with the cut NPC in any way at all. So how it restored the cut NPC, I have no idea, hence the duplication.
  • Open the awilderwasteland.esp in xEDIT
  • Open the Worldspace
  • Open the first option under Worldspace (something like 00DA726)
  • Open the first option under that 00xxxxx (something like 000846EA)
  • Open the Persistent
  • Last option should be the Wasteland Adventurer

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You guys need to see this:

If you don't really care about graphics, and don't really mind the gameplay, then the least you could do to get super silky smooth stable experience of playing New Vegas is to follow this guide to the letter. Other than the usual 4GB patcher, NVSE, NVAC, Vorbis, NVSR, JIP, and .ini tweaks you would found in TTW optimization guide that also works for vanilla New Vegas, this guide also shows you an extra step of .ini tweaks where you change two lines under [Audio] section, and then point you to this wonderful little mod called FNV BSA Decompressor.

What I do is basically apply those two extra optimization procedure (audio tweaks and installing BSA decompressor), and good Lord my heavily modded game with bunch of graphical mods and shit loads of gameplay mods somehow able to run like fucking dream, on my old ass ancient laptop. Well... not exactly 60 fps silky smooth 100% of the time, but still within preferred range of playable. Imagine using this optimization procedure on less modded or pure vanilla game :bounce:. One thing to note, however, is that installing and applying the BSA Decompressor would add several GBs into your hard drive, so watch out how many free space is left in yours before using it.

Having said that, it seems installing the BSA Decompressor would almost always trigger some huge red exclamation marks appearing in your game, and since I'm using Mod Organizer I was able to simply tick the new Meshes .bsa and solve my problem. Risewild do you know if there's any way for non mod manager user to fix the exclamation mark problem if they install the BSA Decompressor? Also, please send my regards to zilav and RoyBatterian, and perhaps the rest of the team who contributed to the BSA Decompressor. With it, I might consider trying the newest TTW since it seemed TTW has an in-built BSA Decompressor, which means an almost guaranteed super silky smooth stable gaming experience.

That Gamerspoet guy is my guru for tweaking and fixing; that New Vegas guide allows me to play flawlessly at a medium/high settings on my laptop and other than the random FPS drops on big effect battles or crowded environments it stays perfectly stable and with little suttering

Risewild

Arbiter
But why would you want to play TTW?
Maybe, sometimes, a player gets tired of playing a real RPG and just wants to go and shoots everything in their face, deal with cartoony evil stuff and talk to "basic" NPCs.

You know, sometimes it's good to turn off your brain and just play something more basic, then after you're tired of that, you just take your character back to the Mojave Wasteland and play a real RPG again.

d1r

Patron
Fallout 3 can be a nice survival shooter if you seriously ramp up the difficulty via mods, so that DC city can't be traversed without making serious preparations and being lvl 7+. I am using TTW myself, and it's fun (as long as you ignore the whole main quest line).

user

Savant

jnGlZCW.gif

Imagine repeating this process from time to time too. Ha ha ha who would do such a thing ha ha

Black Angel

Arcane
But why would you want to play TTW?
Just think of Fallout: DC Boogaloo and its DLCs as if they're one giant, prolonged fever dreams a Courier experienced after sleepless nights of jet and mentats abuse, all the while having Wild Wasteland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom