Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Non-feminist women can make great writers. One of my favorite writers is Edith Wharton.
Lois McMaster Bujold for me.

Gerrard

Arcane
They're gonna talk about Cyberpunk Online early next year
https://twinfinite.net/2020/11/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-season-pass-multiplayer/

“So, first, we don’t call it modes. It’s a separate dedicated production, a big production. And we plan — we think about it as a standalone product. Obviously, it’s not entirely standalone as it comes from the universe of Cyberpunk and is very much related to the concept of single-player Cyberpunk we — I came up with.

But from our perspective, it’s — is another independent production and independent team of people works on it. And there’s — I said already we are not focusing right now on talking too much about other future products, products that are to be released after Cyberpunk. So please be with us in the first quarter of next year when we plan to share some strategy update. And I believe Cyberpunk multiplayer will be possible.”
he confirmed that the original plan was to start selling a season pass before the release of Cyberpunk 2077
Good guy CDPR treating consumers with respect.
:hero:

S.torch

Arbiter
For Silverfish and whoever else hasn't played Witcher 3. Also for S.torch on why I call it an interactive movie.

BTW, I don't care to look up who it was, but some dumbfuck recently said that women don't make good writers.

In the video the writer and the designer mostly talk about how they made that quest. How is related with what you were saying before?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Ultra super fabulously optimistic

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-bugs-multiplayer/

Cyberpunk 2077 Bugs Will Be Hard to Spot; Multiplayer May Be Discussed in the First Quarter of 2021
By Francesco De Meo
Nov 26, 2020 06:46 EST
SHARE TWEET SUBMIT

Being a massive open-world role-playing game, Cyberpunk 2077 will have its fair share of bugs, but CD Projekt promised they will not impact the experience in any significant way.

Speaking during the CD Projekt Q3 earning's call, as transcripted by Seeking Alpha, President Adam Kiciński acknowledged that the preview version of the game comes with bugs, confirming that the development team is aware of them. The final game's bugs, however, will be on "a level that will be as low as to let players not see them."

Cyberpunk 2077 V Can Be Surprisingly Nice; Emotional Quest That “Needs to Be Experienced” Teased

So, in terms of bugs, we are all aware of them. Of course, such a big gang can't be just bug free. That's the kind of obvious, but we believe that the level will be as low as to let gamers not see them. And fortunately, some bugs extended previous were caused by some general -- I would say general features and many of them are already fixed. So, what gamers will get will be different from what -- and what we viewers will get in this final review is it's better than what previewers, got.

The Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer, which is scheduled for release after the main game launches in the coming days, has also been discussed briefly. While saying that the project cannot be discussed at the time, Adam Kiciński confirmed that an update on it may be coming in the first quarter of 2021.

So, first, we don't call it modes. It's a separate dedicated production, a big production. And we plan -- we think about it as a standalone product. Obviously, it's not entirely standalone as it comes from the universe of Cyberpunk and is very much related to the concept of single player Cyberpunk we -- I came up with. But from our perspective, it's -- is another independent production and independent team of people works on it. And there's -- I said already we are not focusing right now on talking too much about other future products, products that are to be released after Cyberpunk. So please be with us in the first quarter of next year when we plan to share some strategy update. And I believe Cyberpunk multiplayer will be possible.

During the earnings call, CD Projekt President Adam Kicińsk also discussed the Cyberpunk 2077 performance on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, saying that it is surprisingly good, given the game's huge world.

Cyberpunk 2077 launches on December 10th on PC and consoles.

Products mentioned in this post

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In the video the writer and the designer mostly talk about how they made that quest. How is related with what you were saying before?
My point is that the seriousness with which character building is handled is closer to that of a good drama series than to that of Fallout 1, to take an example from RPGs. I'm a bit let down that you needed this spelled out but oh well.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
That's Noriko Takaya from Gunbuster.

Beat me to it.

When I'm in a bad mood, I sometimes stroke the bit where her hip meat squeezes out of her weird sci fi 80s workout outfit. It makes my soul feel at peace.
Do you hot glue her when you are in a good mood? Joking lol, since you are on team Rei you are naturally above that sort of thing.
Yea, I don't care about fucking art, please tell me how shitty Cyberpunk will be.
Cyberpunk 2077 is so dull that it isn't even out yet and I'm already bored of it.

Naraya

Arcane
A really cool, informative and substantial video interview with CDPR CEO Adam Badowski.

He talks about:
- quests in general and why they hate fedex quests
- how and why CDPR creates worlds
- world size, its verticality and mechanics, how it differs from TW3
- importance of the Night City
- mature themes and lore
- Judy
- Johnny Silverhand
- other characters and his favourite companion (possible spoilers?)
- Polish references
- comic references (Akira, Appleseed etc.)
- Asian references
- Trauma Team comic
- CP2077 is only the beginning
- CDPR love of video games as a medium
- CP2077 music and why it's so important, why they decided not to go with synthwave
- what is important, the big idea, why the game is so deep

Silverfish

Arbiter
Games - or entertainment in general - don't need really need "legitimization".

Ideally they don't, but tell that the people making them. It's not difficult to break industry trends down to pre- and post-Ebert.

Too much edge, man, too much. Ok, give me the best spin of JRPG tropes you have, I'm genuinely curious.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to spin JRPG tropes as anything special (Jenna Jameson isn't as worn out), but I'll take pot boilers like "achievement through dedication and hard work", "emo loners with impractical weapons need to learn to work with others" or the biggest cliche "the villain wants to end all existence as that's the only true path to peace" over "family abuse is a bitch, ain't it?" and "you lose either way, retard".

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"family abuse is a bitch, ain't it?" and "you lose either way, retard"
Neither am I saying these two are the pinnacle of originality :D But in the words (probably themselves quoted) of Chris Avellone - "it's not about what idea you have, it's about how you execute it, a billionare dressing up as a bat and fighting criminals in hand-to-hand combat doesn't sound like a very good idea when you hear it like that".

All I'm saying is that this game deserves notice for how it builds the world and characters. Not everyone has the senses to appreciate this, or puts it high on his priority list, but for those who do, there aren't many game developers who have this kind of attention in their storytelling. In the big-budget titles it currently comes down to Rockstar and CDPR.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
yqrtg4uozh161.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
In the big-budget titles it currently comes down to Rockstar and CDPR.

RDR 2 has one of the worst stories i've had the tediousness of playing through in a long while. Not exactly being favoreable to your point here that "this is the way to develop characters" if the end result is RDR 2.

A really cool, informative and substantial video interview with CDPR CEO Adam Badowski.

He talks about:
- quests in general and why they hate fedex quests
- how and why CDPR creates worlds
- world size, its verticality and mechanics, how it differs from TW3
- importance of the Night City
- mature themes and lore
- Judy
- Johnny Silverhand
- other characters and his favourite companion (possible spoilers?)
- Polish references
- comic references (Akira, Appleseed etc.)
- Asian references
- Trauma Team comic
- CP2077 is only the beginning
- CDPR love of video games as a medium
- CP2077 music and why it's so important, why they decided not to go with synthwave
- what is important, the big idea, why the game is so deep

Poland... White subtitles against a white table...

Semiurge

Cipher
Didn't they say they were gonna have some sort of "photo mode" to pop into 3rd person for screenshots or whatnot? Anyway, not surprised but still disappointed at these questions, no one asked if we can wear baggy coats that make us look bigger than we really are.

Why this lack of 3rd person anyway, "immersion"? It's a waste of customization options if you have to toggle some sort of freeze frame shit on just to see yourself.

No one can use Citizen Kane today because it sucks, that is why it is never played on TV

Not because it sucks but because it's old as fuck, and thus has little commercial value.

Vatnik Wumao
Didn't they say they were gonna have some sort of "photo mode" to pop into 3rd person for screenshots or whatnot? Anyway, not surprised but still disappointed at these questions, no one asked if we can wear baggy coats that make us look bigger than we really are.

Why this lack of 3rd person anyway, "immersion"? It's a waste of customization options if you have to toggle some sort of freeze frame shit on just to see yourself.
Pondsmith stated in an interview about the game that he and the devs decided upon it also due to the fact that 3rd person would be metagamey if you can play with the camera angles and see more than just what's in front of you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom