Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Center of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
haqbg25e5h161.jpg

Lol they advertise the game about crime and gangs in real life shithole:

"The state of São Paulo recorded the lowest murder rate in 2019 since the beginning of the historical series in 2001.
The number of cases dropped 5.8 percent in the year from 2,949 in 2018 to 2,778 in 2019. In terms of victims, there was a 6.4 percent drop, with 2,906 victims in 2019, compared to 3,104 in 2018."

This fucking city alone has 3x the number of murders that whole country of Germany has:
"In 2019, there were 720 murders recorded by the police in Germany"

:0-13:

Reminded me off:
klypczqa.jpg

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Center of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
haqbg25e5h161.jpg

Lol they advertise the game about crime and gangs in real life shithole:

"The state of São Paulo recorded the lowest murder rate in 2019 since the beginning of the historical series in 2001.
The number of cases dropped 5.8 percent in the year from 2,949 in 2018 to 2,778 in 2019. In terms of victims, there was a 6.4 percent drop, with 2,906 victims in 2019, compared to 3,104 in 2018."

This fucking city alone has 3x the number of murders that whole country of Germany has:
"In 2019, there were 720 murders recorded by the police in Germany"

:0-13:

São Paulo is based AF. I still remember when i got robbed in front of my school once. :obviously:

Zer0wing

Cipher
I don't have to imagine it - it exists in multiple games. Splinter Cell and Hitman, to name just two. Plus, what Mebrilla ninja'd me for - find me a game with good melee in first person.
GHOSTRUNNER
ELDERBORN
BREAKDOWN (hand-to-hand tho)
Escape from Butcher Bay (hand-to-hand tho)
Red Dead Redemption II
:happytrollboy:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

To be honest melee in first person works only with target lock otherwise you will see all the flaing but not impact. Also you don't have a well defined sense of distance in first person. First person in flat screen is good only when aiming with ranged weapons but is not good for movement is not good because of the total lack of space perception.

There is a reason moodern shooters put you a red arrow to show you where a grenade is coming. The true first person would be VR first person on flat screen is pretty much like to take a toilet paper roll and then you look trough the hole you see what is in front of you but you lack the dynamism real eyes have.

First person is not this big deal and speaking of it as immersive is also subjective and can be largely incorrect as many first person games ((cyberpunk included)) have the cam the player see the world trough inside the chest of the character.

The games that does first person right are extremely rare most of the game you run like an idiot with the hands constantly in front of your face.

Want a game that has a realistic first person? Play Arma3. You will notice the difference. It may be clunky but the first person offered in arma 3 is perspectively right.

Also first person also mean first person shooter tropes and Cyberpunk has all of them.

For who is wondering what those are:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Vermitide really?.. What it actually proves?... VIsually there is no impact is always the same story. You see the swing not even the blade or the weapon touching your oponent and then a splash of blood. Is just reinforces the flaw first person melee is horrible.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
KCD has excellent first person melee. It works well with the realism aspect of the game since you're not supposed to be able to fight multiple enemies at the same time.

Quillon

Arcane
KCD has shit melee shit combat. Usually fp melee sucks, except apparently those couple games you know that are designed for melee combat and very little else.

hell bovine

Arcane
Wow, what a dump. Those buildings look like they haven't been washed/cleaned since Crispy was born. Also, you have Viet/Thai and Paco Taco n the same block. Poland is becoming multi-cultural I see.
Actually, that's a sport shop named paco. Vietnamese have been here since ye older iron curtain times. (And those buildings have likely never been cleaned.)

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Yes KDC combat is so great.. SO great that when you step on a stone during combat you reach the moon

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
well it hurts stepping on a pebble so you like jump up in shock

its realistic

I once saw something like that even depicted in a meyer manual

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also perks ruin the combat. Felt more like a timing thing than actually fighting. It was okay until every enemy started to have those perks.

shidder

Novice
Doesn't seem so from what we've seen so far. And some devs even commented that you should focus on your hands since that's what you'll see most of the time anyway.

Which begs the question of why did they then decide to invest a lot into a varied clothing selection which is purely cosmetic? I'm guessing that they might've had 3rd person as well in an earlier iteration or at the very least 3rd person cutscenes.

You can see yourself in ray traced reflections using a $1500 scalped graphics card.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
normal people who spend money on having sex instead(sex work is work) just play it on the nvidia ge force now for 5 dollars

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
normal people who spend money on having sex instead(sex work is work)
Paying for sex is a huge scam, just pirate like everyone else.
Codex fawns all over deus ex, bloodlines, new vegas, system shock 2, all of them action rpgs with a first person view and fps combat... But suddenly cyberpunk being first person is a problem.
I have noticed a strange coincidence there. In Desu Sex and SS 2 there is no character customization and those games are exclusively first person, you can't even change what you wear. While in Bloodlines and New Fagass you can change clothes and looks of your character and those games feature third person cameras so you can see it. This is a real headscratcher but do you think there may be some correlation there?
Third person didn't help Twitcher having good combat in the slightest and imagine shooting guns in third person.

Have Codexers become retarded?
For RPGs - isometric
For shooters - first-person (hence FPS)
For interactive movies - third person

CP77 falls in the last category
Based take, there's a reason why first person movies are rare. CP77 isn't even on Hardcore Henry tier of moviemaking.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
People call this game degenerate but it doesn't even have anything beyond punk bimbos and muscular gangsters? Even boomers at this point have more creative ideas about degenerate.

Only Sawyer's medieval Austrian monk RPG is kosher in the codex's tradcath future!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So anybody figure out WTF this game even is yet lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom