Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Silverfish

Arbiter
Third person camera makes no sence in an immersive shooter game anyway, imagine CoD in third person, like what

Yeah, it doesn't sound very good. Certainly wouldn't be the best game ever made.

Earth_Defense_Force_2025_Xbox_360_Cover.jpg

Oh. Well, then.

Robber Baron

Savant
Vermitide really?.. What it actually proves?... VIsually there is no impact is always the same story. You see the swing not even the blade or the weapon touching your oponent and then a splash of blood. Is just reinforces the flaw first person melee is horrible.

Have you ever played Vermintide?
The game creates a simple system where different types of enemies are weaker to different types of weapons of different reach and speed. You have attack, strong attack, block and push each having different effects on different enemy types. It's simple and you can't clickaway to victory because it requires reflexes and quick thinking aka fun.

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Vermitide really?.. What it actually proves?... VIsually there is no impact is always the same story. You see the swing not even the blade or the weapon touching your oponent and then a splash of blood. Is just reinforces the flaw first person melee is horrible.

Have you ever played Vermintide?
The game creates a simple system where different types of enemies are weaker to different types of weapons of different reach and speed. You have attack, strong attack, block and push each having different effects on different enemy types. It's simple and you can't clickaway to victory because it requires reflexes and quick thinking aka fun.
No but i watched some gameplay video to verify if maybe that was a well done first persone combat and i saw it has the same exact problems of other first person games souch as Chilvary Mordauh

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Ah you are one of those ones right? Unable to distinguish a good gameplay by a bad by watching a video but in the end find yourself with a mediocre game on your hands and just shrug? You know that using that logic you are bound to play trash after trash

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Red Dead Redemption II
This is the only one I've played from those listed, but apparently we are looking for very different things.

normal people who spend money on having sex instead(sex work is work) just play it on the nvidia ge force now for 5 dollars
A true gentleman never accepts money from a woman, so no. Normal women shouldn't spend money on having sex.

Is it? People saying this is GTA with dicks.
Well, people are wrong, but I'm afraid further elaboration will require you to read a couple of pages back.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

And waste your money trying out games instead of focus on those that could have even more appeal to you.

Vatnik Wumao
Ah you are one of those ones right? Unable to distinguish a good gameplay by a bad by watching a video but in the end find yourself with a mediocre game on your hands and just shrug? You know that using that logic you are bound to play trash after trash
I'm a filthy c*ntrist on this issue. Watching some gameplay footage can help in making an informed choice as to whether a game is worth it or not, but you should probably wait for the release as to get access to unlimited footage rather than judging the full product solely on the basis of the few selective breadcrumbs which we've been given so far.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I'm a filthy c*ntrist on this issue. Watching some gameplay footage can help in making an informed choice as to whether a game is worth it or not, but you should probably wait for the release as to get access to unlimited footage rather than judging the full product solely on the basis of the few selective breadcrumbs which we've been given so far.

And that is what i often do in fact. Is the best way to understand if a game is worth it or not.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There is also the 2 hours refund grace period on Steam. Usually enough to tell if a game is shit or not. Think GoG have refunds now too? Not sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom