Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I still haven't finished this, and I thought maybe this year is the time to go through it. Then I remembered I have dozens of real games I haven't beaten still.

Smerlus

Educated
I mentioned it in the Bards Tale 4 topic about the feeling that InXile games are a little too long feeling for their own good.

I played the first 10 hours or so trying to avoid most of the combat but I felt that was taking to long so I switched up to fighting almost every person I could to speed things along.

Szenhidrat

Novice
Hello! New here, and wants to ask about Tides. Finally decided to give this game a try but can't continue after a few hours. Too much descriptive text which wants to be too 'artsy' and is boring. I loved Planescape and most of the text was conversations which i found interesting and the few descriptive ones or memories were good and the pacing of them was decent. With this one i feel like a Balzac nover where the story might be interesting but when the first 15 pages are about how the mountains look i just lose the urge to read further. And in this game it also feels like its there just to add to the amount of text. Anyway. I was thinking maybe it's just in the beginning where the developers just want to show off with the writing and later it will turn more like PST and i just need to slog through it. So if anyone finished the game will it become better later on or should i just skip it?

Farewell into the night

Yup, this game is special, lol. I've treated it as a reading aloud excercise.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If the translators have gone full out on the vocabulary, it might be a good exercise for language learning, but I'd say there are better ways to go about doing that. Or maybe laugh at the text with a friend or two over.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Am I the only person in the world who found Numanumas walls of text actually less tiresome than Planescapes? At least Numanuma felt like it allowed more interaction in the dialogue trees what with all the skill checks and stuff whereas Planescape mostly felt like reading a shitty book on screen.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Hello! New here, and wants to ask about Tides. Finally decided to give this game a try but can't continue after a few hours. Too much descriptive text which wants to be too 'artsy' and is boring. I loved Planescape and most of the text was conversations which i found interesting and the few descriptive ones or memories were good and the pacing of them was decent. With this one i feel like a Balzac nover where the story might be interesting but when the first 15 pages are about how the mountains look i just lose the urge to read further. And in this game it also feels like its there just to add to the amount of text. Anyway. I was thinking maybe it's just in the beginning where the developers just want to show off with the writing and later it will turn more like PST and i just need to slog through it. So if anyone finished the game will it become better later on or should i just skip it?
You should learn to trust your insticts. Your heart is in the right place. And yes, Numanuma does not get better. Uninstall it and spend your time on something better.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Quit now while you still have the chance.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Am I the only person in the world who found Numanumas walls of text actually less tiresome than Planescapes? At least Numanuma felt like it allowed more interaction in the dialogue trees what with all the skill checks and stuff whereas Planescape mostly felt like reading a shitty book on screen.
Yes you are the only one.
And you're also a retard.

The Jester

Cipher
Tides of Numenera have long text for the sake of having long text, there is no meaning behind it.

Szenhidrat

Novice
That's a bummer but at least it was on sale. I was like it's either this or Encased and i was suckered in with the "spiritual successor" thing. Next time will do a better research before buying. Welp since i became a member, i will take a deep dive into the forums and find something that will suit my tastes a little better. Thanks for all the replies.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Am I the only person in the world who found Numanumas walls of text actually less tiresome than Planescapes?
Yes,you are retard that clearly haven't played torment! Torment doesn't have wall of text,its dialogue is pretty sharp and to the point most of the time. Numanuma is like talking with the planehopping dude in the burning corpse tavern for the whole game.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No the descriptive text never ends and neither does it get better. From start to finish. The only incline this game had for me is owning a little slave girl and my party member fucking the slave owner. The only good way the game is descriptive with it's text is how descriptively shit it is.

Rather play games like Elex, Atom, Grimoire, Elex and any game that has cute jgirls in it etc. And don't play anything recommended and posted by the member Infinitron. He is a shill and has shit taste. Welcome to the codex you fucking Numenera playing piece of shit cunt

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
And don't play anything recommended and posted by the member Infinitron.
Here i have to semi disagree,he post in a lot of good games. Biut yeah,he has a shit taste and the games he recommends are shit for sure.....like outer worlds.
I was perhaps exaggerating a little bit. But it's safe to say that anything he posts about more than once can automatically be considered as him shilling and thus that game should be avoided

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Faggot spams press kits and slaps direct buy links on top. Blatant spamming advertisement plant and shameless poz peddler with utter shit taste and nothing but disdain for old Codex.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Faggot spams press kits and slaps direct buy links on top. Blatant spamming advertisement plant and shameless poz peddler with utter shit taste and nothing but disdain for old Codex.
Go back in your room grandpa,no need to need to shit all over the corridor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom