Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's command Codexers in Syrian Warfare and crush Daesh

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Well, after the success of my Let's Command in Firefight and Dayalu's Let's Command in Armored Warfare, let's do another one in ... Syrian Warfare.

cxXmJAS.png

So first come first serve. I already selected my scenario (that I never played myself, so no idea what will happen), tell me if you want to be a grunt leader, a tank driver or another vehicle driver (technical with a machine-gun rigged on it ? Available !) and well, you will be that.

Edit : We are fighting for Bashar Al-Asad.

If you are infantry squad commander, give me your specialty (infantry, assault, mortar, ATGM, MG squad, RPG squad, engineers, special force).
If you a vehicle guy, tell me if you prefer APC, IFV or one of the Syrian Wars ad hoc vehicles. Some are fun !
If you are a tankie, you don't get to choose because tanks cost a lot of points so you are more likely to have a T-55 than a T-72AV.

I checked and at the beginning of the scenario there is no artillery and no helicopter. If you want to be one of these, you can book the slot and hope that the scenario allows some in reinforcement.

With all that, given I have a point budget, I will try to make a team (and if you picked Special Force and I don't have the points, you ll be a militia).
Note that you can change vehicles during the battle if they are too battered, though you cannot drive tanks and other specialized vehicles if you were not part of a tank crew initially.

Paging a few people who have first pick if they confirm they are in.

Dayyālu for his Let's command
The guys who picked "French" in Firefight and who never were allowed to be French (Andnjord baud Galdred taxalot Strange Fellow Maggot )
Zboj Lamignat as an extended hand after the Fallout Tactics discussion.

Disclaimer : The game is Russian-hard, so I have no idea whether it will work or not.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
_0Q9fBxM5R_9klZqwHvkuU8LQJ9SuDnJ9xI8P5IXXAw.png

Gotta get the tank. The amount of memery in tankery during the Syrian conflict was beyond the roof, and I'll soon die in a dozen of amusing ways. If the points are strict, I can downgrade to a IFV.

EDIT: Tank or IFV if we get the SAA. If we go Reb Assault Infantry.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
on which side of the war are we going to fight?

I'll pick infantry, MG squad if possble
You are Syrians fighting for Bashar Al-Assad. I mean later in the game maybe we will receive Russian reinforcements, but the scenario starts all Syrians.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
_0Q9fBxM5R_9klZqwHvkuU8LQJ9SuDnJ9xI8P5IXXAw.png

Gotta get the tank. The amount of memery in tankery during the Syrian conflict was beyond the roof, and I'll soon die in a dozen of amusing ways. If the points are strict, I can downgrade to a IFV.

EDIT: Tank or IFV if we get the SAA. If we go Reb Assault Infantry.
Let's just say that the survival rate of a T-55 without ERA when opposition has a lot of ATGM is not really high. I will try to at least give you guys T-55MV.

Dayyālu

Arcane
ValeVelKal said:
Let's just say that the survival rate of a T-55 without ERA when opposition has a lot of ATGM is not really high. I will try to at least give you guys T-55MV.

Twitterati Armchair Generals said:
SAA losses, confirmed
BMP-1: 939
BMP-2: 22
BVP-1 AMB-S: 69
MTLB: 8
Shilka: 137
2S1 Gvozdika: 92
2S3 Akatsiya: 11
tank (type not IDed): 132
T-55: 672
T-62: 350
T-72: 821
T-90: 7
ARVs: 53
total: 3313

NO FEAR

ValeVelKal

Arcane
ValeVelKal said:

SAA losses, confirmed

NO FEAR
Wait the Syrians lost T-90 ?
Learn something new every day. T-90 are in the game (but not in the scenario) and they are clearly endgame eating anything below a T72AV at breakfast and receiving ATGM in the face like it is nothing. Usually you lose them because the crew is all dead by concussion, but the tank is still standing.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Wait the Syrians lost T-90 ?
Learn something new every day. T-90 are in the game (but not in the scenario) and they are clearly endgame eating anything below a T72AV at breakfast and receiving ATGM in the face like it is nothing. Usually you lose them because the crew is all dead by concussion, but the tank is still standing.

Yes. Considering that this kind of thread is a safespace for armchair military sperging, the Syrians got a bunch of T-90A and if we trust the equipment-counting madmen lost at least half a dozen (I've seen the vids but can't judge if they were hard kills or not). We know for sure that HTS (Al Qaeda) got their hands on a couple and used them extensively, I don't remember if they survived the early 2020 conflict.

They performed quite well compared to earlier tankery disasters, mostly because the Russkies gave some training and the Shtora-1 and ERA apparently help.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
ValeVelKal said:

SAA losses, confirmed

NO FEAR

damn, I had never realized that many tanks had gotten blown up there.

Though at least if we're fighting in the Syrian Army, that'd mean there shouldn't be too many tanks/IFV on the other side, no?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Though at least if we're fighting in the Syrian Army, that'd mean there shouldn't be too many tanks/IFV on the other side, no?

Spoiler, half of those "losses" are just vehicles that were abandoned in mid-combat and then looted by the orks :lol:

Also, Ar-Ruksour reporting for duty as mortar commander. Time to blow the traitors (and stray friends, Allah bless the martyrs for their blood protects the homeland) to bits.

WATAN!

SHARAF!!

IKHLAS!!!

ValeVelKal

Arcane

Spoiler, half of those "losses" are just vehicles that were abandoned in mid-combat and then looted by the orks :lol:

Also, Ar-Ruksour reporting for duty as mortar commander. Time to blow the traitors (and stray friends, Allah bless the martyrs for their blood protects the homeland) to bits.

WATAN!

SHARAF!!

IKHLAS!!!

Mortars are not comically inaccurate as in Firefight.
But they are super slow and don’t cover the whole map. So you better cosy us with someone that has an IFV/APC or at least an armed pick-up

Endemic

Arcane
Guess I'll take a BMP-2 then.

Are our in-game troops going to suffer from poor leadership and training as well? :P

Andnjord

Arcane
:what:

Weeeell, this will be interesting.

Sign me up as Assault infantry boss, I'll ensure our tanks are as unsuported as possible at all times, in keeping with the arab armies proudest traditions!

EDIT: Are we playing as one of the (barely) elite units of the syrian army or your bog-standard, runs away at the first sight of the enemy syrian units?

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Guess I'll take a BMP-2 then.

Are our in-game troops going to suffer from poor leadership and training as well? :P
Hold on there cow-boy. BMP TWO ? Do you think the Syrian army can afford to allocate 40 years old equipment to ALL of the high priority fronts ?
BMP-1 is the best I can offer.

Actually here is the equipment list (I can pick several of the same unit of course) :

jy48T1U.png

(AG = Grenade Launcher ; RCLR = Recoiless Rifle)

As you can see, we have 7000 points available, and the BMP-1 is 1000 points already :)

:what:

Weeeell, this will be interesting.

Sign me up as Assault infantry boss, I'll ensure our tanks are as unsuported as possible at all times, in keeping with the arab armies proudest traditions!

EDIT: Are we playing as one of the (barely) elite units of the syrian army or your bog-standard, runs away at the first sight of the enemy syrian units?
A bit of both. Here is what is available to pick in this mission (again we can pick several of the same unit) :

YKlFkE8.png

Assault infantry is pretty much one of the elite units of the Syrians. Not as good as the Tiger (Special) Forces, but close second if you don't count the Russians.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
Too bad there's no T-55 with Drozd APS (the Soviets used them in Afghanistan). In that case I'll take the BMP-1.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's all this then, who summons me

Oh cool, another game I know nothing about and won't understand. Sign me up as one of the guys who does the shooty bangs :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (No, actually I demand a T-34)

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
What's all this then, who summons me

Oh cool, another game I know nothing about and won't understand. Sign me up as one of the guys who does the shooty bangs :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (No, actually I demand a T-34)
Looks like you are perfect for the Syrian army.

This war T-34 is a pickup with a recoiless rifle ! Or a grenade launcher

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom