Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Oracsbox

Can't find anything about this anywhere for some reason. Some time into the main plot concerning Sigurd, I go back to the local blacksmith, good old Gunnar.
But instead of Gunnar I find this.

drWbO3n.jpg

J57zswM.jpg

:hmmm:
The black dude never appeared in my game, so I'm going to be obtuse and suggest how to get Gunnar back..
You can get Gunnar back by doing his quest, go talk to Randvi if I remember rightly, that should start it, if not ..he's somewhere in Glowecester.
When you find him start the First Night of Samhain quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul_cz

Arcane
100 hours in...and been ready to end it for the last 20.

But no, the game still probably has 50 more to go. Stupid Ubi.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So I liked Origins but Odyssey bored me to death. Which is this game like more?

Odyssey was objectively better than Origins in nearly every way possible so I'm guessing you'd not like Valhalla, maybe pre-patch version 1.0 Unity would be your jam instead? Odyssey's biggest sin was the one in most Ubi games which is utterly shit side quests which add dozens of tedious hours and the map simply being too large. A tightened up experience would have made it an even better game. The combat was iterative from Origins and improved upon Valhalla's combat is a major step backwards for a variety of reasons mentioned here already.

Repressed Homosexual
What, people on the Codex are actually playing a generic, big budget Ubisoft game? I thought you guys hated that garbage?

Come on it's so lame, it's like Call of Duty. At some point they will run out of famous historical periods to rip off. To think some SJW writer thinks he has the right to school me about how history was. Go back to eating Doritos and drinking Mountain Dew, dweeb.

Put this tired franchise to rest already, nobody cares.

Oracsbox

Aside from the stronk wombyn, I think whats boring me the most and breaking up the gameplay is the constant puzzles...find the entrance, find the key, find the barred door, find the exploding wall, find the other key, find the hole/window from which to shoot the barred door open, swim underwater to find the third key, get disoriented, find out there's another barred door to open, find that key etc..pile the rocks, align the rocks...
:negative:

update: It's not gay if the balls don't touch there's no heart mark, right?

(reminds me of that certain codex poster who kept ignoring the "no thanks" option to Zevran's innuendo in DA and then was surprised when the FAG hit on him. Can't even tell a bro you need to feel his warmth in a cold night at the camp without the game being weird about it, wtf)

Last edited:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
update: It's not gay if the balls don't touch there's no heart mark, right?

(reminds me of that certain codex poster who kept ignoring the "no thanks" option to Zevran's innuendo in DA and then was surprised when the FAG hit on him. Can't even tell a bro you need to feel his warmth in a cold night at the camp without the game being weird about it, wtf)

The cultural shock aspect of this is interesting, it's fascinating to watch how baffled someone not familliar with western poz is by the concept of player-sexual NPC's.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

same energy

We are underestimating how impressed older people are when they see a modern AAA game. Someone in their mid-late 50s who hasn't been following games all his life sees a good-looking title's gameplay and he is blown away as he would have been if he saw it in the 90s. I'm speaking from recent experience with a relative who watched some gameplay of Hitman 2 and, greatly impressed, asked me "how do they draw all these images, it can't be by hand, they have to take pictures right?" - meaning he was impressed with the realism of the textures. :)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That is my experience too, showing off games to my parents or whatever. They always reference pong - it has come so far! I do wish I had their enthusiasm though. Was hilarious when I let my dad try GTA. He was laughing like a maniac when running over people or crashing into things, was kinda worried he might do it in real life after the gaming session :)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That is my experience too, showing off games to my parents or whatever. They always reference pong - it has come so far! I do wish I had their enthusiasm though. Was hilarious when I let my dad try GTA. He was laughing like a maniac when running over people or crashing into things, was kinda worried he might do it in real life after the gaming session :)
Yeah, they are at the same level we were as kids. I used to aim for the people too occasionally, but in GTA1

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Can't find anything about this anywhere for some reason. Some time into the main plot concerning Sigurd, I go back to the local blacksmith, good old Gunnar.
But instead of Gunnar I find this.

drWbO3n.jpg

J57zswM.jpg

:hmmm:
That's just historical accuracy.
Next assasin creed reskin will look like this
zeus-and-achilles-0b775ee.jpg
The ancient Greeks were all black, don't let the modern turks that are there currently fool you with their whitewashing of history. When Athens was founded during the neolithic period the inhabitants of the Greek isles looked like this artistic reconstruction of a skeleton depicted below:

BtJe2UM.png

The finds from this period continue to baffle scientists as they are of quality that far exceeds anything made after the turks genocided the BLACK (all capital letters as per recommendation of Associated Press) Greeks. One of the reasons the muslims have for defacing works of art is because it shows how different people looked before they took over and killed everyone, a smart move to be sure. Christians aren't as sophisticated however, as an example they removed the nose of this bust of Peisistratus that would have revealed that he had a decently shaped flat nose with big old flared nostrils and not some germanoid pointy nose. What they did neglect was his afro hair that makes it plain that he was a BLACK Greek.

h5ho2bb.png

Once the muzzies took over Egypt they removed the nose of the sphinx for the same reason and have kept self-inserting into films about pharaohs and ancient BLACK egyptians, having buried the truth that they didn't have their big hook nosed beaks but the melaninated supreme nose that is not adapted for sniffing little boys but to smell prey.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
How are you wankers seriously saying Odyssey was better! Odyssey's writing was retarded and actively makes one want to stop playing. Interms of writing alone, Valhalla is miles better, game design is better as well. But it is a little long, but well they did market it as a Saga.. but the previous two games were also long so unfortunately a lot of it comes across as monotonous due to repeating it thrice now. Game is good but, better than Odyssey at the very least, no more garbage loot and spongy fckn enemies and shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom