Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The Irish were always better at car bombs than singing.
:nocountryforshitposters:

http%3A%2F%2Fres.cloudinary.com%2Fdm1lthkbw%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fv1512767365%2FmemberUploads%2F98f7b82a-dc91-4737-b325-ef6532e17e9a.jpg

ChildInTime

Learned
Some leaked achievements, spoiler warning applies:
v91gfcg.png
Goddamn, just as I was about to post it. Well, anyway, those are some really big spoilers for main questline I guess, don't open it if you really want to stay in the dark.

Saburo dies, huh - guess it wasn't a coincidence that he was one of the childhood heroes back in 2018 version. I bet Adam Smasher kills him after leaving Arasaka and starting working for Night Corp.

Vatnik Wumao
Saburo dies, huh - guess it wasn't a coincidence that he was one of the childhood heroes back in 2018 version. I bet Adam Smasher kills him after leaving Arasaka and starting working for Night Corp.
What makes you think that Smasher will betray Arasaka?

ChildInTime

Learned
I remember reading some of the journos previews from june where they mention that the scene with Smasher from the trailer is braindance, and what we see is him leaving Arasaka for good after some disagreement.

Vatnik Wumao
I remember reading some of the journos previews from june where they mention that the scene with Smasher from the trailer is braindance, and what we see is him leaving Arasaka for good after some disagreement.
As far as I know, there are two scenes of Smasher that we saw - the one from Silverhand's perspective from the raid on Arasaka back in the 2020s and another brief scene during which Smasher stares at V (?). For the latter, I'm guessing that it might be tied to the corpo lifepath opening segment during which V is still working for Arasaka.

ChildInTime

Learned
As far as I know, there are two scenes of Smasher that we saw - the one from Silverhand's perspective from the raid on Arasaka back in the 2020s and another brief scene during which Smasher stares at V (?). For the latter, I'm guessing that it might be tied to the corpo lifepath opening segment during which V is still working for Arasaka.
5x7DQpd.gif

This is the one. As far as I know it's braindance, and not corpo opening or Arasaka tower heist.

Vatnik Wumao
5x7DQpd.gif

This is the one. As far as I know it's braindance, and not corpo opening or Arasaka tower heist.
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking about in regards to the corpo prologue. Given the UI, you're probably right that it's a later braindance. Still, I wouldn't read too much into it - a more reasonable interpretation of it is that V is accessing some Arasaka personnel's memories.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
None of those gay bar songs by this paddy were any good. The Irish were always better at car bombs than singing. See U2 for my citation on the subject.
I used to have crush on Andrea Corr. When I hear their songs today though, they sound like girly stuff.

My crush on Liv Tyler, however, continues to this day.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have noticed a strange coincidence there. In Desu Sex and SS 2 there is no character customization and those games are exclusively first person, you can't even change what you wear. While in Bloodlines and New Fagass you can change clothes and looks of your character and those games feature third person cameras so you can see it.

This is a real headscratcher but do you think there may be some correlation there?
Let me give you another headscratcher. Deus Ex and SS2 are older games when cloth and appearance costumization was not a thing, while Bloodlines and NV were made in an era when it was getting popular. Also, there is no character generation in Deus Ex and SS2 at all, while in Bloodlines and NV you start the game with creating your character. It has nothing to do with being first person or third person.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom