Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

any good rpgs/ part rpgs you can recommend on steam/GOG sale?

eli

Learned
title

eli

Learned
Fallout New Vegas
i will exclude rpgs i have already played
- all fallouts
- all elder scrolls
- most CRPGs of Kickstarter (diviniy, pillars, pathfinder underrail and wasteland)
maybe some pseudo rpgs will make my day. what is the general thought of this community about assassins creed origins?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Fallout New Vegas
- all fallouts
- all elder scrolls
- most CRPGs of Kickstarter (diviniy, pillars, pathfinder underrail and wasteland)
maybe some pseudo rpgs will make my day. what is the general thought of this community about assassins creed origins?
What about:
-Dungeon Rats (I prefer it to Age of Decadence)
-Underrail
-Battle Brothers (all expansions recommended)
-ATOM
-Mount & Blade: Warband (this has plenty of quality single player mods)

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition is like 5 euro on GOG right now, but only for 25 more minutes. It's worth it.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The following are all significantly discounted on GOG right now:

ELEX
Risen
Gothic
Gothic 2
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Ultima 4+5+6
Ultima Underworld 1+2
Arx Fatalis
System Shock 2
Arcanum
Mount & Blade: Warband
Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Age of Decadence
Dungeon Rats
Jagged Alliance 2
Might & Magic 6-pack
Might & Magic 7
Might & Magic 8
The Bard's Tale Trilogy

For whatever reason, Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines is always really expensive on GOG. It's technically on sale there, but at twice the cost of buying it on Steam.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
I quite like evil islands.

Heroes of annihilated empires is a neat rpg + rts.

deama

Prophet
For the record, I didn't like spellforce 3 much, I liked the 1st one though.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Rage of Mages is 70% off and very cheap, made by the devs who made Evil Islands, another classic (70% off). All Nival games kick ass and you should buy them. Silent Storm is more tacticool than an RPG, but get that too at 70% off. They also made the best HoMM game which is the fifth, fuck you losers who claim otherwise, that is 75% off. I can't decide which of their games I like the most but if you want a strategy card-game hybrid then Etherlords is up there and insanely inexpensive now at 70% off.

The Surge is 65% off, not dirt cheap, but not bad for scifi Dark Souls.

The Revenant is 75% off and basically free.

You want bang for your buck, hours of entertainment without feeling a wallet burn? Anvil of Dawn is also 75% off.

You say you have played all the TES games, but have you mastered the BDSM fuck dungeon that is Battlespire? That is the TES game for real men. 60% off and you're not giving too much money to Microsoft.

Want an old atmospheric CRPG that you've probably never played? Try Soulbringer at 70% off, it used to be bundled with Planescape Torment back in the day.

Nox is a classic that was better than all the Diablo games past the first one. 75% off and if you like hack and slash games there is no excuse not to get it at this pricepoint.

If none of that does it for you then you might like a weeb dungeon crawler like Mary Skelter, 70% off. More hardcore than pretty much anyone made by big Western companies in the last two decades or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Fallout New Vegas
- all fallouts
- all elder scrolls
In that case,
Arcanum
Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Hong Kong
Expeditions: Conquistador and Viking
Atom RPG

purupuru

Learned
JA2 is 80% off
kotor2 is 65% off
For whatever reason, Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines is always really expensive on GOG.
I'm certain there was one time they gave the game out as a freebie.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Arcanum is 50% off
Drakensang 80%
Heroes V 75%
KotOR I & II 65%
Might & Magic 1-6 pack 80%
Fallout & Fallout 2 60%

And a lot of shit and EEs I can't recommend but if you want to buy EEs, now is the time.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Arcanum is 50% off
Drakensang 80%
Heroes V 75%
KotOR I & II 65%
Might & Magic 1-6 pack 80%
Fallout & Fallout 2 60%

And a lot of shit and EEs I can't recommend but if you want to buy EEs, now is the time.

User necroing a dead thread to inform people about a GOG sale?
thinking.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom