Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Why would you care? Besides, I think a lot of people have the tendency to exaggerate or just straight up lie about that a lot of the time.
Put up or shut up.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
If i played every game like i play diablo series, heroes of MM, or civilization..... yeah NEVER get through them unless I become immortal.

Its worse though... say i do chores like weeding the garden, cleaning gutters, etc... i tend to make a game of it and enjoy it... wtf is wrong with me? I exercise more than i game.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
wtf is wrong with me? I exercise more than i game.
Oufff yeah, you got a serious problem there.

The only point of exercise is to be able to game more by preventing RSI and making space for cheetos and mountain dew to gobble up while gaming.

What else would you use exercise for really? Getting chicks? hahahaha

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Clicking the .exe counts as playing.
I remember the years i was uber depressed and was taking anti-depressants. I'd turn on the computer... look at it.. lay down fall asleep all day. I wake up get computer out of sleep mode.. turn it off and go to bed. Rinse and repeat each day.

yeah... 10 wasted years. Those pills did nothing. (Circa 1996-2006+). Bad times.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I remember the years i was uber depressed and was taking anti-depressants. I'd turn on the computer... look at it.. lay down fall asleep all day. I wake up get computer out of sleep mode.. turn it off and go to bed. Rinse and repeat each day.

yeah... 10 wasted years. Those pills did nothing. (Circa 1996-2006+). Bad times.
Shit man, it might be the pills that did that / made it worse.

I had a serious bout of depression when I was younger, low motivation, energy and shit fucking up my life. Couldn't fucking sleep. I eventually decided to take anti-depressants to indulge the people around me, as a temporary crutch (I usually never medicate unless necessary). The result: this shit totally crushed me. I went from low energy to not being able to do shit at all or get out of bed, not even able to game, within 2 months. 3rd month I threw the pills away and got back to where I was. Not great, but infinitely better.

I'd be horrified if I had wasted away for 10 years as a zombie because of them pills; struggling with problems is way better in my experience. It might not be your case, but still.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I wish some more steam content hit gog. Debating on whether i want steam and ubi client crap on new laptop. Slows the hell out of old one.

Non gog blather below ignore
Sounds exactly like it. It was a shit time in my life. I had to leave my fresh military life to "help" my family. Turns out my Pa was lying and being a manipulative prick. Attempted suicide a few times, got locked up.. put on pills. Thr shame of leaving military is a stain and dishonor that befouls my soul to this day. Why i thought i could help my Pa was just stupid. Ma had a hand but she's been under his crazy fuck grip her whole life. Only saving grace was i saw my gran pops before he passed and shifted verbal/emotional abuse from my sister to me as Pa was an asshole (maybe still is... he's in his jesus/hippy/forgive stage of life as he nears death). Pills didn't help. I also got obese and couldn't be in the sun. It was like reverse superman and the sun was kryptonite. If i could do it again... i'd never have helped them and invested my military cash into stocks & land. Ah well... what don't kill ya they say... makes you uh...

I now spend extra money like tomorrow might not come. Enjoy life while i can. I even give gifts to my parents still. Gotta do better in all things and try harder. I fail a log but each morning i say i'll do better.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
61irQrNjgnL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

it's really depressing seeing how many people are depressed here

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wish some more steam content hit gog. Debating on whether i want steam and ubi client crap on new laptop. Slows the hell out of old one.

Non gog blather below ignore
Sounds exactly like it. It was a shit time in my life. I had to leave my fresh military life to "help" my family. Turns out my Pa was lying and being a manipulative prick. Attempted suicide a few times, got locked up.. put on pills. Thr shame of leaving military is a stain and dishonor that befouls my soul to this day. Why i thought i could help my Pa was just stupid. Ma had a hand but she's been under his crazy fuck grip her whole life. Only saving grace was i saw my gran pops before he passed and shifted verbal/emotional abuse from my sister to me as Pa was an asshole (maybe still is... he's in his jesus/hippy/forgive stage of life as he nears death). Pills didn't help. I also got obese and couldn't be in the sun. It was like reverse superman and the sun was kryptonite. If i could do it again... i'd never have helped them and invested my military cash into stocks & land. Ah well... what don't kill ya they say... makes you uh...

I now spend extra money like tomorrow might not come. Enjoy life while i can. I even give gifts to my parents still. Gotta do better in all things and try harder. I fail a log but each morning i say i'll do better.
What doesn't kill you makes you fatter is really not as stylish to say.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Anyway... after watching gmanlives review Hedon i figured why not pick it up (but will it really be updated or is it not finished)?

odd no free game this Black Friday/cyber monday... xmas maybe.

CyberModuled

Savant
(but will it really be updated or is it not finished)
The dev has admitted to not knowing himself at this point due to the pandemic. Still definitely working on Episode 2 but he's not sure if it'll just be a free update stapled onto the game, a DLC, or just a full blown sequel at this point. All that's really known is that it will be about the same length as the first episode (about 10 hours for a blind playthrough). I personally think at $5, Episode 1 alone is worth supporting given its length and content but it's understandable if you don't feel comfortable about not not being guaranteed to get the future content for free at this point.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That Blade of Agony mod... lordy. I love modders/romhackers/etc. Just too good to let the old stuff die. I enjoy indie devs as well and certainly buy a fair share from GOG and some from steam. In preference of purchases:
1. Gog
2. Gamergate
3. Indigogo
4. Humblebundle
5. Steam
6. Epic (but i only nab FREE stuff)

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Have they just give up on developing Galaxy? I can download through it, but seems like integrations just barely work. Steam one hasn't been able to sync time/achievements/games properly for weeks now.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
it's really depressing seeing how many people are depressed here

Nothing to do with GOG

I don't know, because life for most people is shit in general?
I have been walking around with depression for more than eighteen, perhaps more years. Sometimes it is at a relative low level and at other times it is at pretty high levels such as today that I wish or pray that there is a creator that if he or she has any shred of mercy or compassion towards me that he or she would allow me to die in my sleep and set me free.

I already know I can't accomplish my hopes and dreams, that everything that I ever gave a damn fuck about is taken away such as my cat which I had to have put to sleep because he was basically starving to death because his bowels no longer functioned well any more, or things ruined that I enjoyed so much by stupid and greedy people and now also people for "muh agenda" such as Fallout, Star Trek, science fiction in general.

Hell I can't even do anything decently creative such as drawing well so I can at least loose myself in that, instead being so damn envious of people who are creative, artistic, and have good imagination. Those are the people IMO that actually matter, because they add something to the world. It might not always be everyone's taste and there are always critics, but they can never take away that these people created something.

Edit: forgot to talk about my communication problems with other people which also sometimes makes me wish that I don't need to interact with others any more.

At this point I will take any drug that would make me stop feeling being me

Something that has to do with GOG.

Made the mistake of picking up an old game called Alien Earth that even back in the day was not even that good. It is this weird action-adventure game that at first glance looks like isometric RPG, except it isn't.
Gameplay in general is pretty average and if it was not for some mouse controls one would expect that this game was for a console like the PS1. Keyboard controls are pretty stupid, you use the cursor keys to move but you have to use A and Z button to climb up and down.

I doubt any of you would be interested in this game but just to safe; skip this one.

That Blade of Agony mod... lordy.

I so damn much want to play that mod, it is the closest thing I have seen to a Wolfenstein game since Wolfenstein 2009. (yes that game was flawed, gameplay and world size were too much in mind for a console. But I just loved the Indiana Jones/the secret war during World War 2 feeling, being a pulp action hero who is saving the Nazis from their experiments with super science and the supernatural.
No agenda pushing, no "lets make Blazkowicz into a moping asshole", no hidden anti Trump/anti conservative messaging. Just "the Nazis are up to something nefarious again, go out and stop them and make the world save for democracy and freedom".

I was surprised to find out that my computer despite being decades superior to the hardware Doom was originally designed to run on has so much problems running that mod.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Steam has some other mods i wish would hit gog as well

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1378290/The_Citadel/

and

and

Its funny how blobbers can make me shift to boomers. I did just see in the jrpg thread the new up & coming wizardry... delicious.

I can understand losing interest in creating rpg pnp tabletop maps or adventures or playing console/PC games. I sort of shifted to help family to occupy my time but i buy stuff as a quick drug fix in hopes i will play and exercise.

i love watching vids of people playing and i love sales. Good cyber sale but i held back a bit. I do have needs to buy in these times. 3 months no tp sucked in georgia and i ain't doing that again.

lightbane

Arcane
Speaking of Galaxy: Why did they change the design again? It's horrid, seemingly ignores tags like that horrible update for Steam, and it cannot be switched off.

As for depression, with how shit the world is becoming, with the plot of Deus Ex becoming real but with no savior in sight, and how they're raping franchise after franchise, it is understandable. Of all things, nowadays I'm appreciating many Nintendo titles like Mario games more because so far they kept their style intact, they're stable in a sea of madness. No SJW pandering for the Jump Brothers, no making Peach an affro-nigress, no bullshit, for now. Also, Luigi's Mansion rocks.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Aren't they getting rid of the old super mario dev online site and pushing forward with 2.0 version. Still no mega man, metroid, castlevania, or zelda construction sets.

and i swore i saw a vid where cappy or w/e turned bowser into a chick and mario got busy. Luigi and i dunno birdo or a vacuum cleaner. All to make Peach and Daisy jealous. I picked up some of the remake games on gog like Boy & Blob, etc.

shantae naturally but i had to find a rom of the original.

lightbane

Arcane
Aren't they getting rid of the old super mario dev online site and pushing forward with 2.0 version.

Never played the mario maker games so I dunno. Supposedly the sequel includes all of the stuff of the first game, so it is fine.

Still no mega man, metroid, castlevania, or zelda construction sets.

Megaman? Here: https://megamanmaker.com/
Metroid? It's dead Jim. Other M and Fed. Force killed Samus. I don't even want to know how will MP4 turn out with a "modern" developer.
Castlevania? There's always these way-too-many indie games that copy-paste the style, and the one from the Kickstarter.
Zelda? I haven't checked, but see above. It is a a very common formula (that doesn't mean it is done well though).

and i swore i saw a vid where cappy or w/e turned bowser into a chick and mario got busy. Luigi and i dunno birdo or a vacuum cleaner. All to make Peach and Daisy jealous.

That's from an old meme that made Nintendo shit themselves. Basically someone had the idea that a special power-up in one of the games gender-changes the user, then hilarity ensues.

shantae naturally but i had to find a rom of the original.

Never played any of the Shantae games, but they seem to be popular, even though I don't see them much different from the usual. Either way, I prefer the handheld games, but I'll consider the 64/Galaxy/Odyssey titles. The Luigi's Mansion series are also quite good, but the first one is a classic.

El Presidente

Arcane

I've seen many videos of this guy, he's good, sure, but can anyone tell me where his accent is from so I never set foot there in my life? Permanently-about-to-vomit accent, very annoying to hear.

Australia?
Unless you ask for specific part of this prison island, then no idea.

Thanks, I'm retarded and keep mixing up where these different accents are from.

Yeah this is probably a regional thing inside Australia right, I've heard many normal sounding australians before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom