Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

ArchAngel

Arcane
Has the manual aiming changed since the release or will it change with the YO edition? I found it poorly implemented. I wonder if it could improve just limiting the zoom or force autoaim when you are pointing an enemy (like, you know, what we saw in the fig video and I think the first alpha had it too)
You could always shoot without manual aiming. Your character then shoots at body part that is mostly out of cover.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You can also shoot through walls or blow them up. Or fly around them for a better angle.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Get ready to take back the world Thursday, Dec. 3rd as Phoenix Point: Year One Edition comes to Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG.com with two DLC expansions, brand-new weapons, an all-new prologue with a completely revamped tutorial and so much more!

The Earth has been overrun. A mutating, alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organization of the best minds and bravest soldiers left on earth, can repel the aliens and reverse the inevitable. It's up to you to lead the Phoenix Project: research and develop new technologies and techniques, explore a ravaged globe, manage resources, and fight hard battles.

But you won't be alone. Factions, including New Jericho, Synedrion, and the Disciples of Anu, as well as offshoot subfactions, have their own values and view of the Pandorans. You can choose to work with factions via Phoenix Point's diplomacy system, or you can simply crush all around you with military might. No matter what you choose, it won't be an easy victory.

Contains:
Phoenix Point Base Game
Living Weapons Pack DLC
Blood & Titanium DLC
Legacy of the Ancients DLC
Phoenix Point Digital Soundtrack Album
Digital Extras
Digital Game Manual
Digital Art Book
Desktop Wallpaper
The Compendium Short Story Anthology (Digital)

MSRP: $59.99

sser

Arcane
Developer
Sixty dorrahs. Why is every single game I've interest in all releasing within Dec1-3rd :argh:

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
Sixty dollars? No way :D.

Is there any reason to get this over Xcom2+Wotc when it will be on Steam? Genuine question, no sarcasm
It's not a boardgame, unlike Xcom2+wotc. Bullets are actually traced, and shots have a broader range of results than just binary hit/miss.

That's the only positive thing I can say about it though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well it has 3 DLC as part of it. They also said it will have a release date discount.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Welcome to the new age. Every game will be $60 at minimum, while every garage project "game" will be $30-40. And the discounts went to shit, too, so enjoy.

This one will repeat the Outer worlds scenario, base price of $60 and a 30-50% launch discount on a pity-buy tier game that, at this point, is worth $10 or maybe $20 if you're being generous and particularly interested in it (although in this case I really don't see why you would be).

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
I would like some answer from one that doesn't work in the game marketing department.

So mine doesn't count eh *shakes fist*?

I would not feel ripped off in the 10-15 dollar range. The combat engine really IS good, better than xcom or xenonauts.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there any reason to get this over Xcom2+Wotc when it will be on Steam? Genuine question, no sarcasm
Since you are a popamole player probably not for you. Mario vs Rabbits is more for you.

I would like some answer from one that doesn't work in the game marketing department.
But I know you better than those. Nobody that enjoys new Xcoms as much as you do will enjoy playing a real game.

Mazisky

Magister
Since you are a popamole player probably not for you. Mario vs Rabbits is more for you.

But I know you better than those. Nobody that enjoys new Xcoms as much as you do will enjoy playing a real game.

Xcom 2 is a great game. Being edgy, hardcore and alternative just to show a personality in the codex does not change the game quality.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
nuXCOM and Order of the Phoenix duke it out, the battle of tactical genre giants!!! Grab your popcorn ladies and gents, erudite versus arcane is about to commence.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Xcom 2 is a great game. Being edgy, hardcore and alternative just to show a personality in the codex does not change the game quality.
Ah I see you cannot let go of your fake gods. No salvation for you.

Mazisky

Magister

The only fake god here is Gollop I am afraid

PanteraNera

Arcane

The only fake god here is Gollop I am afraid
:excellent:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom