Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I'd expect a handful of new generic familiars would be added in along with the witch. And hopefully some more exotic, greater ones more appropriate for the Mythics.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
iGUFHIuc_o.jpg

Dodo1610

Arcane
Interesting quotes from one of the writers from yesterday in Discord:
Believe me, we don't have the whole script already written The end of writing is not near yet, and when alpha-2 came out, it wasn't even on the horizon
they want to launch the game in June but still haven't even written the whole game. :o

Also, some of the datamined stuff might not actually be in the game
some early drafts were good but were cut out or rewritten for different reasons I'm equally upset because people will get excited about something that they won't see in the game - and because people will misunderstand something

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Interesting Quote from one of the writers from yesterday in Discord:
Believe me, we don't have the whole script already written The end of writing is not near yet, and when alpha-2 came out, it wasn't even on the horizon
they want to launch the game in June but still haven't even written the whole game. :o

some early drafts were good but were cut out or rewritten for different reasons I'm equally upset because people will get excited about something that they won't see in the game - and because people will misunderstand something
Unfortunate, but it was naive to take all the datamined companion and narrative beats at face value. Hopefully some fraction of what’s already known makes it in.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not sure why someone would want to rely on an ageless, intelligent, corruptor of souls as a pet. I'd sooner select a sentient porcupine as a balloon artist.

She can't corrupt me if I an already corrupted.

Demon Lord mythic path should include a Succubus familiar. I will name her Lilushaana. On Age of Conan, demonologists could have a succubus pet. And Conan is a much lower magical setting than PFKM.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure why someone would want to rely on an ageless, intelligent, corruptor of souls as a pet. I'd sooner select a sentient porcupine as a balloon artist.

She can't corrupt me if I an already corrupted.

Demon Lord mythic path should include a Succubus familiar. I will name her Lilushaana. On Age of Conan, demonologists could have a succubus pet. And Conan is a much lower magical setting than PFKM.
Her name is Arueshalae, you can't give her a new one just because.

Shinros

Learned

Developers always say this, but I doubt much will actually change. The game is coming out June/july. The basic structure is most likely in place. At most they would change details, but the major arcs of the mythics and the story I think are set in stone.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Honestly, I hope they don't rush into june/july release date, if they need more time they should take it, it's a very ambitious game.

Dodo1610

Arcane

I guess someone is slowing things down
:drink:
I can't believe that anyone is dumb enough to believe that Paizo will let them keep MCA

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
If any of the devs is reading this, please make a secret
Chaotic Good/Chaotic Neutral Butterfly-That-Talks Swarm Path.
Now THAT would be a surprise. Wouldn't be even hard to set up -
Iomaede smites you for being too much of a goody-two-shoes.

Elex

Arbiter
Honestly, I hope they don't rush into june/july release date, if they need more time they should take it, it's a very ambitious game.
Well they gonna rush and the game will have tons of bugs but with the patches and all the DLC is going to be better than kingmaker.
But don’t hope for a release superior to kingmaker.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Well they gonna rush and the game will have tons of bugs but with the patches and all the DLC is going to be better than kingmaker.
But don’t hope for a release superior to kingmaker.
The Alpha is way less buggy than Kingmaker was on release.
Of course the endgame might turn out to be buggy as shit but it seems much more polished already.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
On Kingmaker, my first run was until Pitax, then bugs made impossible to progress. If I can complete the game this time in my first run, I an happy

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3038924

Alpha stage 2 is finished! What's up?

A month has passed since the end of Stage 2 of the Alpha Test. We have analyzed all the feedback and assigned tasks based on it. A lot of the feedback corresponded to what we were going to do based on our experience. Now it is time to prepare for the Beta Test, which (we hope) will launch in January 2021. There will be a lot of changes compared to Alpha - more content, improved Crusade mechanics, an additional chapter, functioning archetypes, and many more.

This update isn’t about Beta, but what we will change based on the feedback from Stage 2 Alpha players. Though we won’t miss another chance to tell you that there is now an option to upgrade your tier to include Beta Access! More players = more feedback = better game.

Overpriced.
There is one valuable asset that was definitely overpriced for what he could offer. More than that - his personal quest was confusing and not engaging enough. We are talking about Greybor.

For what he could offer he cost a tad too much and was, mechanically, a worse choice than a mercenary. This issue has an easy fix - just cut his cost by half and now he is a fair-priced mercenary (if there is such a thing).

Another problem was his personal quests. There were some inconsistencies in his quest, some confusing descriptions. Overall, it caused a lot of frustration. At the moment we are reworking and tweaking it, so it will be an interesting and exciting adventure.

We aim to make Greybor a valuable asset for your party as he presents himself to you.

9c9c4ffcd0ab0716a510111afc1de67e_original.jpg

The Crusade Marches On.
As we continue to improve crusade, there still might be some controversial design choices (especially considering that it still isn’t finished). And the current iteration of Crusade will be entirely reworked because it had several of those choices. Overall, there is a lot of room to improve it and we already have plans on how to do it. So here is the list of what issues you won’t face in beta.

We had the nobility demands that forced you to win two battles against demons every week. It isn’t hard to win two battles, but if you defeat all the armies on the map you simply can’t placate the nobility and you lose their support. Overall, the nobility mechanic received mixed feedback (from the team and from players) and we are redesigning it entirely.

There were some missing parts - it didn’t intertwine with the story and the companions, there was no tutorial for tactical combat and crusade, units were simple. All those things are in the work and we hope to present them in beta.

Another addition will be two QOL improvements. One will affect army movements on a global map - the player will be able to click one time and order his army to march to the desired destination. Another is related to the loading screens in crusade - we are looking for ways to optimize them and to cut the unnecessary ones (if there are any). We will also add an option to split existing units. And, as icing on the cake, there will be an option to change the speed of the tactical combat.

We also had reports that battles in tactical combat are too long, so we will gather additional data during the beta test to see if we get the desired time in tactical battles.

0159db8c729c2dc541194151e6fbb336_original.png

Tactical Combat: WIP

Live and learn.
One of the important additions in Stage 2 of the Alpha Test was the context tutorial. With it came part of the hints to help new players familiarize themselves with the game. And we had a lot of suggestions to add to the hints. A lot of them are already in the works.

Overall there was a demand for more hints about mythics and armies, more information about unique class abilities and different types of attacks, and optimal build choices.

We are also planning on deepening the tutorial settings, so you can adjust them to your taste.

Based on other suggestions we will add a highlight on the screen what the tutorial refers to. With a planned addition of a glossary and hyperlinks, you will get all the information you need about different status effects, game mechanics, and other important aspects of the game. All those changes will help new players to better understand the system and learn how to master it.

Curiosities.
We had some interesting stats to share with you from the Second Stage of the Alpha Test.

The most popular Mythic Path is Angel. The next popular Mythic - Lich - was played by a bit more than half of Angel’s players.

Top-rated companion is… Arueshalae with whooping 90.4% of players rating her 4 or higher on a 1 to 5 scale. Followed by Daeran with 83.9% and Camelia with 79.7%. They are closely followed by Ember with 76.6%.

After finishing Daeran’s personal quest, 56.3% of players improved their opinion of him. 54.2% of players improved their opinion of Arueshalae in the same way. On the other hand is Camellia, whose personal quest turned away 23.1%, but at the same time improved the opinion about this character for 42.1%.

And only 4.3% of players haven’t finished the Prologue.

We will also share a new table with some details about the tasks that were created following the discussion. You can find it here.

Afterword.
We want to express our gratitude to our alpha players. Their feedback, discussions, and overall activity helped us immensely in the work on the game. Without them, we wouldn’t see some of the changes and improvements.

We also want to thank our discord staff who helped us a lot during the Second Stage of the Alpha Test. Their support, reports, and moderation helped us to maintain healthy discussions and track what happened in alpha channels.

There is still a lot of work to be done before Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will be finished, but we are more than halfway there! With the upcoming Beta Test, there will be even more new content and information, while mechanics will be more fleshed out. We hope to see you join us on Beta - it will be one hell of an adventure!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Top-rated companion is… Arueshalae with whooping 90.4% of players rating her 4 or higher on a 1 to 5 scale. Followed by Daeran with 83.9% and Camelia with 79.7%. They are closely followed by Ember with 76.6%.

I find this to be.... surprising. Not Daeran and Cam and Ember. They have their appeal.

Arue is IMO one of the worst execution wise out of all the companion due to the fact that her character theme (demon looking for redemption) kinda clashes with the obvious waifu-baiting writing in her companion dialogue/quest. Now both of them can be with each other you know? The problem is her writing as presented in non-companion quest interaction (as in Main Story for her introduction and when you bring her to quests) is one of tragic character but the tone of her companion dialogue/quest is one of bulby demon learning to be mortal and learning of true love (from you!) which kinda make a mood whiplash in regards to her whole character.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Not sure why you are surprised about this she is a typical Bioware companion that the absolute majority players are fans of those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom