Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice released on GOG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice

For over eight years, GOG have wanted to add Pierre Begue's Knights of the Chalice to their platform. Its original community wishlist entry was actually created by a GOG employee, the former Codexer JudasIscariot. The amusing story of Pierre's initial refusal to cooperate with them is a tale we've related here in the past. For some time, it was unclear whether GOG were even still interested in the game as their admission standards shifted over the years, but today it was finally released there. Here's their brief release announcement:

Set off on a perilous journey with a 2D retro-style RPG! Knights of the Chalice is now available on GOG.COM with a 20% discount lasting until 8th December 2020, 2 PM UTC. Create a party of four adventurers, explore the Crimson Coast of Mindrel and fight valiantly against the evil Council of the Slaver Lords, domineering Giants, fiendish Demons, and scheming Dragons.

Can’t wait to begin your quest? Check out the Knights of the Chalice Demo for free! Also, be on the lookout for Knights of the Chalice 2 that is coming soon to GOG.COM with even more fantastic adventures to take on.
Knights of the Chalice is available on GOG for $20 with a 20% launch discount until next week. As mentioned in the announcement, the game's demo is also available and there's a GOG page for Knights of the Chalice 2 as well, release date unknown. I suppose that will be its true launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

curds

Magister
Glad Pierre finally came to his senses, for his own sake.

Arthandas

Prophet
The isometric perspective of this game is a clear indicator of Pierre's state of mind.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice

For over eight years, GOG have wanted to add Pierre Begue's Knights of the Chalice to their platform. Its original community wishlist entry was actually created by a GOG employee, the former Codexer JudasIscariot. The amusing story of Pierre's initial refusal to cooperate with them is a tale we've related here in the past. For some time, it was unclear whether GOG were even still interested in the game as their admission standards shifted over the years, but today it was finally released there. Here's their brief release announcement:

:retarded:

*Adds Infinitron to autist-list*
:positive:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
But 20$/€ ?!?
Given your username and join date, you might be interested to learn that the Codex now boasts a fine selection of dragon avatars derived from classic D&D/AD&D artwork:

Larry Elmore
AlWEVMV.png
JZMvpms.png
j0o5rfJ.png
yd5ewoT.png
mdVOwSN.png

D&D Red Box Set Basic Rules Cover, D&D Blue Box Set Expert Rules Cover, D&D Green Box Set Companion Rules Cover, DL6 Dragons of Ice Cover, AC10 Bestiary of Dragons and Giants Cover

Keith Parkinson
itHYsEA.png
2gCN2Xz.png
UaBiNIy.png

Dungeon Magazine #1 Cover, FOR1 Draconomicon interior color (originally DL 1990 Calendar "Brains Flambé"), CM3 Sabre River Cover

Clyde Caldwell

DL10 Dragons of Dreams Cover, DL 1987 Calendar "Captured"

Jeff Easley

DL2 Dragons of Flame Cover, AD&D 2nd Edition Dungeon Master's Guide Cover

Denis Beauvais
VvBdtVr.png

Dragon Magazine #122 Cover

Erol Otus
glJCdSX.png

B/X Basic Set Cover

Dragon

Augur
the way ultra-niche markets work.
You are right that about niche in general, but :
- there's a lot more quality nowadays (think about the incredible work on Underrail for instance)
- Pierre could have easily evolved the game a little, adding higher res for instance, which could impact the GUI, etc. (instead of doing other weird shit)
I remember arguing with him that higher res are just a different viewport on the scenes he already has, nothing to change in the graphics or anything, just a code thing. I argued that it even increased the tactics aspects. (He did add a few higher res, but very limited).

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Yeah, but not towards more strict & gated. They have Grimoire, after all.

Because it shifted back, they refused Grimoire at first and many games that scream "Good old game".
But they saw the light, finally.

By the way, i noticed this a while ago on the Steam KotC page :

GameBansheeGameOfTheYear2009_Steam_2.png

GameBanshee Independent RPG of the Year 2009

RPG_Watch_GameOfTheYear2009_Steam_3.png

RPG Watch Third Place Best RPG of 2009

I've always wanted to ask :

What the fuck was the Codex shilling in 2009?
Fallout 3? DAO?
Or was there no GotY back then?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom