Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

And after having sex with her, the devs in question just ghost her and she can't do a thing about it because all "contracts" were negotiated verbally.
Is it really such a prestigious position to be working in some game dev company so women are eager to whore themselves out for that? I dunno man, sounds more like some nerd bragging

Respectfully, I think you are fundamentally misunderstand something. SJWs and Journos covert positions of either perceived power or perceived fame. Especially ones that carry no real responsibility. In reality, no one cares that The Last of Us was written by Neil the Cuckman. But Journos see Cuckman up on stage with all those awards and that smug grin. They see the twitter idiots wank him off. And poor little whorish Alanah thinks "I want to be that". They don't want to put hard work into something and be recognised for it. They want to lazily appropriate and take credit for what other people have built because all they care about is Twitter, and other social media. It's a sad and pathetic way to live. And I guarantee you Alanah isn't being paid all that well. She most likely has to "supplement" her income as she did at IGN.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Also Cybercuck setting is garbage compared to glorious ShadowRun,a a far better one.
How can SR be better when the setting has elves in it? Do you see any elves in Night City? That's right.
Shadowrun would be infinitely better without the gay fantasy shit. So you are right.

This.

I guess they actually added the gay fantasy shit to differentiate their setting from Cyberpunk 2020, but they could have done the same thing by having a widespread access to genetical manipulation, which along with the cybernetics allows people to model their bodies into brutal monsters (orks, trolls) or super-hot models (elves) etc, alas they had a different idea (though I should add that some of the spiritualist/magic stuff adds interesting options to gameplay so its not a pure loss).

Dude, they have fantasy shit in steampunk you don't think cyberpunk would be the next logical step?

Why do people believe Trans-Financial-Man's larping I wonder :?
I've given receipts of stuff before. But I have about as much credibility as Jason Schrier when he makes those post mortem essays with "sources". That is to say none. Trust me at my word or don't. I have nothing to prove without revealing my powerlevel. I've had a long career in different IT fields and a lazy one year stint in game dev. People move about, they talk. I file it away in my head for later. I got back into game dev recently, had a few more friendly chats as part of recruiting for the game I'm in prepro for.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also Cybercuck setting is garbage compared to glorious ShadowRun,a a far better one.
How can SR be better when the setting has elves in it? Do you see any elves in Night City? That's right.
Shadowrun would be infinitely better without the gay fantasy shit. So you are right.

This.

I guess they actually added the gay fantasy shit to differentiate their setting from Cyberpunk 2020, but they could have done the same thing by having a widespread access to genetical manipulation, which along with the cybernetics allows people to model their bodies into brutal monsters (orks, trolls) or super-hot models (elves) etc, alas they had a different idea (though I should add that some of the spiritualist/magic stuff adds interesting options to gameplay so its not a pure loss).

Dude, they have fantasy shit in steampunk you don't think cyberpunk would be the next logical step?

It certainly is logical, which is partly why I have a problem with it (though I generally like the setting and had fun both with the PnP stuff and the HBS trilogy) - as I attempted to illustrate above, the fantasy stuff is IMO a low effort way to differentiate SR from the competition. I believe that with a bit of effort, the creators of SR could have achieved comparable results in more interesting ways than "some people suddenly turned into orcs, dragons now rule the planet."

It is a common joke amongst the Journos and Devs I talk to that Allanah is an absolute whore. She has had sex for special coverage of games and free shit before.
It's common knowledge on the Codex that you're an absolute slut when it comes to gobbling cock

At least that's what I heard, and that makes it true!

WHO FUCKING TOLD YOU? Was it Roguey? I always knew he had it out for me. This calls for blood!

This.

It certainly is logical, which is partly why I have a problem with it (though I generally like the setting and had fun both with the PnP stuff and the HBS trilogy) - as I attempted to illustrate above, the fantasy stuff is IMO a low effort way to differentiate SR from the competition. I believe that with a bit of effort, the creators of SR could have achieved comparable results in more interesting ways than "some people suddenly turned into orcs, dragons now rule the planet."

I think it just depends on how your GM runs your game though. I prefer Shadowrun's setting and mechanic. I always found regular old Cyberpunk to be dry mechanically despite being all "style over substance". I liked the way a GM I played with described the intermingling of cultures like Orcs and Elves and the gang warfare between roving tribes of Dwarves and Ogres we got involved with. We had a villain who was a dragon who just liked to horde shit for it's own sake and had a Deus Ex style conspiracy just to aquire more shit. It's a matter of personal preference and how good your GM is.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it really such a prestigious position to be working in some game dev company so women are eager to whore themselves out for that? I dunno man, sounds more like some nerd bragging
I think for most of them, they become journos out of enthusiasm for games, combined with lack of any technical skills. Because if they had technical skills, why go into writing about games? Then the most logical progression they dream about is a non-technical position in gamedev, which for non-technical people who have done some writing about games would most often be "writing".

Junior writer in a big corp is the shittiest position I can imagine, and Alanah really sunk in my eyes when she said this was what she had wished for. It was like saying "I never wanted to be a journalist anyway, haha, losers!"

WHO FUCKING TOLD YOU? Was it Roguey? I always knew he had it out for me. This calls for blood!
WAIT, ROGUEY IS A "HE"?!

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does one have to post a mug in order to be taken seriously?

The silliest thing I have done on my anniversaries is donating. Why grace the codex with your mug, when you can grease the codex instead?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why do people believe Trans-Financial-Man's larping I wonder :?
I wouldn't put too much stock into it without a confirmation from Roguey.
His story really makes sense,i see no reason to doubt it. I mean even he lies about knowing about that shit,there is like 95% chance of that shit actually happening. Fuck we are talking about a mediocre looking (at best) californian cunt that wants to make a career. How do you think those women make a career ???

AwesomeButton

Patron
His story really makes sense,i see no reason to doubt it. I mean even he lies about knowing about that shit,there is like 95% chance of that shit actually happening. Fuck we are talking about a mediocre looking (at best) californian cunt that wants to make a career. How do you think those women make a career ???
Fanta always knows what he's talking about :D

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

This.

I don't know i think you are just being unreasonably intransigent.

It just seems to me those settings are a natural and logical development stemming from a particular cultural environment. On one hand we have RPGs which are almost synonymous with fantasy, and then we have a bunch of other settings and the possibility of combining the two is so tempting and obvious i would have been surprised if it had never happened.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fanta always knows what he's talking about :D
Not always but a lot of the times i do,after all a person has to learn new things from time to time.

And yeah mate,it is just human nature. California is the cesspit of human degeneracy,women go there to become famous and such shit. They are ready to do anything to get that fame and prestige,women just crave attention,it is their addiction. If you offer even a bit of that shit,most thots will shove bag of cucumbers up their arse within a seconds lol.People that think thots to be some pure heavenly creatures are just sad lonely simps. No man with even the smallest experience with women will be that delusional lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This.

It just seems to me those settings are a natural and logical development stemming from a particular cultural environment. On one hand we have RPGs which are almost synonymous with fantasy, and then we have a bunch of other settings and the possibility of combining the two is so tempting and obvious i would have been surprised if it had never happened.
Ahhh it happened like 40 years ago lol. Many of the ancient blobbers have magic and tech in them,such as wizardry and Might and Magic. This discussion is redundant lol.

This.

Ahhh it happened like 40 years ago lol. Many of the ancient blobbers have magic and tech in them,such as wizardry and Might and Magic. This discussion is redundant lol.

Yeah, these things probably have more to do with whoever being into stuff like Heavy Metal Magazine and Star Wars (Gamma World comes out a year after Star Wars and Métal Hurlant comes to America) than some kind of slow natural development. The old stuff was very kitchen sink in it's mixing and matching of fantasy and sci-fi. Which probably shouldn't be a surprise given post-Star Wars you're getting Star Wars knock off films going into the '80s that are playing the Star Wars game and wearing that fantasy element on their sleeve even more.

Silverfish

Arbiter
the other one is about metal niggers in the ghetto city.

Not to be confused with Detroit: Become Human.

It is a common joke amongst the Journos and Devs I talk to that Allanah is an absolute whore. She has had sex for special coverage of games and free shit before.

d90.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom