Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Zariusz

Arbiter
https://kronikimyrtany.pl

https://af.gog.com/game/the_chronicles_of_myrtana_archolos?as=1649904300

Chronicles Of Myrtana - Archolos, massive Gothic 2 mod from glorious Potatoland with professional polish dubbing and soundtrack, 60 hours of gameplay, over 170 quests with many ways to finish them, over 200 random events etc. Its free so you can play it now, available on GOG and Steam.

MODDB:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-chro...oads/the-chronicles-of-myrtana-archolos-v1011

DX11 mod compatible with Chronicles of Myrtana
https://github.com/SaiyansKing/GD3D11/releases

OLD POST:

Chronicles of Myrtana, massive Gothic 2 mod from glorious Potatoland has finished its alpha stage.
For now 120 quests are complete and...
You know im too lazy to write this, see it for yourself. And yes there are subtitles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Sooo.... Why isn't anybody talking about this? I, for one, am super excited. Seems like it will be an excellent RPG.

Devs promised multiple story paths, side- and main quests influencing one another, quests made available based on various character stats, multiple solutions. They have shown a few immersive sim-like solutions to quests: race where one of your opponents gets a faster running animation and wins but the quest will react to it if you drink speed potion or have learned acrobatics and finish first. They have enrolled the help of an entire orchestra to record two hours of new soundtrack and the bits that I've heard were terrific and very much in character for Gothic. They promise the mod will be fully voiced by professionals. The setting is rigorously faithful to lore of the first two games and depicts the heydays of Kingdom of Myrtana during the war with the orcs. The story will revolve around political intrigue and (apparently) personally driven missing person investigation and will span tens of hours. Not to mention it all looks very pretty for a 20 year old engine.

What's not to love?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

It got a Steam page:

With handy feature list and gifs:

The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos is a free, total conversion mod for Gothic II: Gold Edition. It features a completely new open world, improved skills systems, gameplay mechanics and complex story.

Main goal of this project is to honour one the best classic cRPG and take the die-hard fans of the original Gothic trilogy as well as new players on one more adventure in the Kingdom of Myrtana.

FEATURES
  • Professional voice acting
  • Fully adhering to the lore of Gothic series
  • 40+ hours of expected playtime
  • Complex main plot with many twists and secrets to discover
  • Over 150 quests with multiple ways to complete them
  • Multidimensional characters with credible backstories and personal goals
  • Breathtaking soundtrack composed solely for the purpose of the mod
  • About 200 random events that the main character may encounter
  • New crafting system with activities, such as alchemy, cooking and magic scrolls writing
  • Rebalanced economy and items stats considering 20 years of Gothic players feedback
  • Expanded travel system with option to choose between magic teleports, boats and mercenary caravans
  • More than 100 new armors and weapons with unique visuals
WORLD
Venture to the Archolos, a huge island east to the Myrtana mainland and explore never seen before region filled with vineyards, farms and villages mentioned in the first Gothic game.

Visit the great city of Archolos and lost yourself in cobbled streets of the biggest city ever presented in the whole Gothic trilogy.

vineyard.gif

On the Archolos island you will have the opportunity to delve into the deepest of mines, visit the tranquil Monastery of Adanos, sip a beer while listening to gossip in one of the city taverns, and discover other interesting locations whose secrets will be revealed only to the boldest of adventurers…

monastery.gif

STORY
Kingdom of Myrtana, a country whose foundations crumble under the winds of war and unrest raging throughout its lands. Experience the events that forged the original Gothic storyline and see with your own eyes how the creation of the Valley of Mines impacted people far away from the main continent.

Make your mark in a brutal world where your every decision has a clear impact on its environment and the lives of those you meet on your path.

city.gif

Play as Marvin, a young man who was driven away from his home by the war looming over the horizon. The reality of the Archolos, a place he runs to, unfortunately proves to be far from his expectations. Rich merchants craving only for more gold, servants of the king Rhobar II who put into practice every new and more restrictive laws and waves of desperate refugees who just like the protagonist search for a decent life. Marvin will have to find a way to survive in this land of treachery, opportunism and opposing interests.

hero.gif

You are not the chosen hero, you are not a villain. You are a survivor.

Will you take everything you want by the force? Or will you try to help others in need?

In The Chronicles of Myrtana you decide your own fate.

Blake00

Learned
very cool.. I'm guessing they'll be no English voice acting but will there at least be English subtitles in-game? I noticed they're going to the effort of putting English subtitles on their trailers so that gives me hope lol.

Jinn

Arcane
very cool.. I'm guessing they'll be no English voice acting but will there at least be English subtitles in-game? I noticed they're going to the effort of putting English subtitles on their trailers so that gives me hope lol.

Yep, English and Polish versions will be releasing simultaneously. Been keeping a close eye on this for a couple years. Can't wait to finally play it. It looks amazing. Same with History of Khorinis.

deuxhero

Arcane
Why would a mod team bother to get PEGI certification?

weird

My understanding is that nowadays PEGI ratings for digital only products are like automated and negligible cost. With the effort put into it, I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the team wanted it as a vanity to make it look even better on a resume.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Cool passion project... Ofc you'll never see it on the front page cause there are popamoles to shill for, maybe get some keys

TheSoul

Scholar
Is there going to be the pirate island in this one? Also, is his name canonically Marvin, or did devs just add that

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Educated guess.

It's going to suck, just like every other big mod ever. Cringe, bad direction, lack of balance, boring quests and experimental mechanics which won't work well at all.

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Hello folks,

Many of you probably know already but if you do not, you really need to keep an eye out for this mod, it is basically an unofficial expansion pack for our beloved Gothic 2 which is, in my opinion, the best RPG of all time. It has a completely new landmass, new, professionally voiced characters, new armors, the whole shebang. It might be the Gothic 3 we all wanted. Remember to watch with subtitles, the video is in Polish. The game will not have English VA but it will have professionally translated text.

MarxistPlato

Educated
Hope the modification will be good enough to push these fellas to work on standalone games. Maybe Poland will have another great studio.

SoupNazi

It's incredible how some games can still look good a decade later thanks to art direction and a certain charm. I won't be able to play this with polish VA (way too distracting), but maybe I'll give it a try with voice volume off.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom