Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Empire of Sin - Brenda and John Romero's turn-based Mafia strategy

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is not only PCgamer, I saw RPS review also saying it is mediocre at best.

Vatnik Wumao
Hey, complete stranger. Watch this 20 minute video.
upyours.png
Rude, but to each their own.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm starting to think people are being edgy for the sake of beinge edgy: this is not John Romero's game. It's Brenda's. John only took care of some visuals, especially of the gory part of the executions. Meaning his role was/is minimal.

That's 1. And 2: every time Doom sells well because they go back to his formula, everyone is reminded John Romero literally invented a genre. A genre that makes billions a year. When's the last time any of you did that?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I'm honestly surprised they managed to get their reviewscore down that low on Steam. That usually takes some serious effort. People rate the blandest garbage and many outright broken games positively.

Tigranes

Arcane
Wondering if anyone else has tried it. Bad bugs and UI I can live with if the actual gameplay loop has something going for it. If not would be cool to hear exactly how it's broken.

Didn't have high hopes for this but would certainly love a good gangster game.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
There's been a long chain of unfinished shit games made by these people, usually on the back of a property that actually has merit.

Hopefully they just give up trying to acheive cultural significance by aping people who had actual talent and vision.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another example of what you get when modern tactical game=copy nuxcom. Thanks, firaxis.
NuXCOM combined with a poor man's Civ: Gangster edition and with only total domination victory.
That's the biggest WTF to me.

You implement (the rudimentary backbone of) all of these systems, diplomacy, traits, economy - just to make "kill everyone else" the only possible path to victory, invalidating most other systems in the process.

Vatnik Wumao
Another example of what you get when modern tactical game=copy nuxcom. Thanks, firaxis.
NuXCOM combined with a poor man's Civ: Gangster edition and with only total domination victory.
That's the biggest WTF to me.

You implement (the rudimentary backbone of) all of these systems, diplomacy, traits, economy - just to make "kill everyone else" the only possible path to victory, invalidating most other systems in the process.
I guess that the game is supposed to follow the classic Paradox DLC model.
kpEmBmx.jpg

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
That's incredibly meta if the game actively extorts you as you play it. I take back everything I said, genius.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom