Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"We've been adapting the game to the way you've been playing" - so more white human male NPCs?

Shrimp

Arbiter
Companions automatically jumping across chasms and upcasting not cluttering your bars with multiple variants of each spell were both features that should've been in there from the first day of early access
I'm glad to see they're removing surface effects on cantrips. That being said the patch notes doesn't make any mention of certain enemy types (goblins) always possessing grenades and flaming arrows so I assume those remain in the game.

Quillon

Arcane
More dice rolls in dialogue and re-re-rolls... just what the game needed...

Also I don't like that they are changing companions to be less critical of PC.

Otherwise good stuff.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I hate hearing about games a year away! It's like a big song and dance video about how juicy this cake will be but currently it is just some eggs in a bowl.

Skdursh

Savant
New update is dipping HEAVY into decline. They are making all the companions friendlier so as not to hurt the feelings of sensitive players and nerfing a lot of spells, attacks, ect. in order to make it simpler for players. As always, the loud whiny Karen-minded soy-addled brainlets of the world demand to speak to the studio managers and ruin gaming for the rest of us.

Black

Arcane
No mention of adding the currently non-implemented races to the beta. :decline:
Human is already in, what more do you want.
iu
"In fantasy I can be anything I want so I became a black manlet"

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Most of them have skin of ashen grey, their hair is usually white, and are almost always bald including females.

A bold black angry manlet. Now that's some powerfantasy gaming
What's wrong with playing a stoic and stubborn loyal ale-fueled orc-hating killing machine?
But I take it your powerfantasy is about being a fair and fierce warrior-maiden in chainmail bikini or an gayelven prince who is as brave as he is handsome? :lol:

Vatnik Wumao
I like my grimderp.

Everybody's heard the stereotype of dwarves as cheerless, joyless workaholics who do nothing except toil without stop from rest period to rest period... well, duergar are basically those stereotypes come to life. [...]

Duergar are avaricious, short-tempered, sullen, violent and ungrateful. Vengeful buggers, duergar nurse grudges for a lifetime, never ceasing in counting the slights they've received (real or imagined). Their standard belief is that might makes right, which comes easily to a race so churlish, hateful, envious and merciless.

That isn't to say they're entirely irredeemable... just that they are, without a doubt, the nastiest and most spiteful branch of the dwarven family tree. Duergar are courageous, determined, and believe in minding their own business (unless you have something they want) and working hard. No obstacle daunts a gray dwarf who's settled on a goal - they're not very loyal to anyone other than themselves, but they will never leave a job half-done. [...]

Duergar society is a dark mirror of dwarfdom, a grim and cheerless place of ceaseless toil backed by slavery, whom the duergar will work to death without hesitation. [...]

Duergar are a bitter and xenophobic people, hating pretty much everyone. The one race they offer any respect towards is the svirfneblin, whom they begrudgingly admit has some decent skill in craftsmanship.

Robber Baron

Savant
But I take it your powerfantasy is about being a fair and fierce warrior-maiden in chainmail bikini or an gayelven prince who is as brave as he is handsome?

Anything goes really. Bold angry manlet existence is just too relatable to be proper escapism.

Black

Arcane
Most of them have skin of ashen grey, their hair is usually white, and are almost always bald including females.

A bold black angry manlet. Now that's some powerfantasy gaming
What's wrong with playing a stoic and stubborn loyal ale-fueled orc-hating killing machine?
But I take it your powerfantasy is about being a fair and fierce warrior-maiden in chainmail bikini or an gayelven prince who is as brave as he is handsome? :lol:
Lawful good human (white) male warrior getting rid of all the mutants.

Gargaune

Magister
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1086940/announcements/detail/2894089457947101687

Community Update 11 - Inspiration, Freedom & Pacifism
[...]

No more micromanaging party jumping
Micromanaging gymnastics probably wasn’t something you thought you’d be doing in the Forgotten Realms, so now when you jump across a gap, for example, your party will automatically jump across it to follow you. Hooray!
Micromanaging toilet chains is something else I never thought I'd be doing in the Forgotten Realms. In fact, you might call it a...

shit idea.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah I'm a bit baffled by that. They say they don't want to make it so that people miss out on content.. But they can still miss out on content with a bad roll... So just lean into that? Or build in ways for players to seek out the content in other ways? I don't get how tweaking the DC a bit is meant to be an interesting solution, that's like the bare minimum.

Murk

Arcane
Most failed rolls still give you an alternate path as is, usually with a disadvantage.

There's a few where you end up in a fight, but many others where you have to just deal with less info.

Dodo1610

Arcane
No mention of adding the currently non-implemented races to the beta. :decline:

Swen said in the video that the fourth patch will come after holidays and that will be the first to actually contain new content.
No idea why that is missing in the text version.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Ultimately, however, you’ll still have to flow with the will of the dice.
Everyone is just going to reload, you idiots. This is a video game, not PnP, use static checks.

jackofshadows

Magister
It's a video game yes, but designed with co-op and streaming in mind even if we put their crazy PnP obsession aside. In a party of 3-4 players hardly anyone will agree to reload just to see some other options or because one dude wasn't happy with the outcome.

Streamers aren't tend to reload too much as well. Reactions to bad rolls are fun to watch/laugh at, not to mention a fucking twitch integration would've lost its purpose entirely.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Our best memories about table top RPGs were the critical failures. Pretty fun if you have a imaginative DM.
Hell its even fun in Fallouts, dropping the guns , losing all ammo and etc

Our best memories about table top RPGs were the critical failures. Pretty fun if you have a imaginative DM.
Hell its even fun in Fallouts, dropping the guns , losing all ammo and etc

I can second that. Baldur's Gate 2 gave me many such experiences--particularly the wild mage. Nothing like trying to cast Knock on a chest and summoning a hostile Nabassu demon. So many shenanigans.

Cael

Arcane
"Companions are too negative. We will fix this."

"Yay, Princess Pretty! You are so beautiful and pretty and princess-y!!!"

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Well that’s a good thing they address some proper shit everybody complaining about. Yet there’s no indication they will be addressing the HP bloat thing and overpowered bonus actions which is sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom