Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Delterius

Arcane
Well... i've now read the entire thread, and all i can say is *gaaah*... that took a while :)

People here seems to be under the impression that "Hardsuit Labs" are new. They are not... well.. the company is, the people behind it are not. Before they started the company "Hardsuit Labs", they existed as "Zombie Studios" for 20 years, and they made mostly bad games. The namechange was simply due to the original owners of Zombie Studios retiring, and retiring the company name. Most of the company then soldiered on under a new company name (Builderblock games), before changing name to "Hardsuit Labs". Then they approached Paradox with a pitch, and here we are.

Edit : And i just relalized that i haven't posted in 18 years :p
the elder things awaken with info (fooken builderblock games) that would have made me a doomer back in page 3

Semiurge

Cipher
All around lingers a quiet hope that this project is mercifully buried like the propped-up, fetid corpse it is.

Or pawned to CD Projekt Red.

Vincente

Arbiter
Or pawned to CD Projekt Red.

So it can get turned into an ''action-adventure'' game with Borderlands-esque shooting system and uninevitable celebrity cameos?

You seem to be implying that that wouldn't be better than whatever the fuck this will be. :?

Yes, be satisfied with slightly less garbage over a total garbage. Of course it would be better than ''whatever the fuck this will be'', it's not that hard to surpass the bar here.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
CD Projekt's major weakness is gameplay. They're doing pretty well with characters, C&C and story, which a Bloodlines sequel really needs. In that respect, it would be a good fit.

It's true they now have the ambition to make huge games and worlds, and Bloodlines requires a more intimate story and setting. Anyways, this is all moot since it'll never happen. CD Projekt already has its Deus-Ex-like game in Cyberpunk. For now.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
A GTA-like city would be very good for Bloodlines, if it's a "little" map like half of San Andreas (with one city and its surroundings, woods, etc).

This idea should drink everything it can find under the kitchen sink.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
A GTA-like city would be very good for Bloodlines, if it's a "little" map like half of San Andreas (with one city and its surroundings, woods, etc).

Sure, if you could sustain the atmosphere and quality design for most of it. Which is, not really. I'd love to see it less corridor-like in some game. Hengsha in DXHR was pretty decent but not massive.

Semiurge

Cipher
"Bloody baron" questline in a VTM setting, in the yet indeterminable city. Heavy lie the many responsibilities on his shoulders, and many be the skeletons in his closet. This thing would write itself.

Momock

Augur
Sure, if you could sustain the atmosphere and quality design for most of it. Which is, not really. I'd love to see it less corridor-like in some game. Hengsha in DXHR was pretty decent but not massive.
What quality design? The hubs are super lame in Bloodlines, they're like one street (making an "U" best case scenario, it can be a single straight line...), with very little to see/explore, zero verticality or secrets to discover or places hard to reach or skillgated. And loading screens everywhere. How is a little open-world not better?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bloodlines was all about getting to Story Content or Dungeon Content without a bunch of gamey stuff getting in the way. Seems to be better received than The Outer Worlds which takes the approach you want.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Bloodlines was all about getting to Story Content or Dungeon Content without a bunch of gamey stuff getting in the way. Seems to be better received than The Outer Worlds which takes the approach you want.

I'm sure there's some space left in the market for yet another Filler Content Walking Simulator.

Melcar

Arcane
They should released this two months ago. But they are all incompetent. Best they can do now is wait till next year, because Cyberpunk is going to reck everyone's ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom