Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift / Vive / VR General

Dexter

Arcane

Anyone played this? Eric Chahi you fuck, I'm not going to buy retarded gimmick glasses just to play your game, but it looks dope as hell.

It's a really great "experience", I wouldn't necessarily call it a game though - it's more about trying and discovering things. I haven't played through it, but what I did experience felt really great in VR.

There's also a 2D version for VRlets:

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Anyone played this? Eric Chahi you fuck, I'm not going to buy retarded gimmick glasses just to play your game, but it looks dope as hell.

It's a really great "experience", I wouldn't necessarily call it a game though - it's more about trying and discovering things. I haven't played through it, but what I did experience felt really great in VR.

There's also a 2D version for VRlets:

Everything Chahi makes is gold, but when you say this is an experience, do you mean that it relies heavily on the waggle and face-screen gimmicks, which would mostly be lost in the superior 2D version for normal monitors? Or does that mean something that can stand on its own but which the gimmicks contribute to enhance?

Venser

Erudite
I played the demo and PSVR. The game looked pretty good but I felt bad for throwing the paper animals around. After the demo ended I still had no idea what the full game is going to be about.

Dexter

Arcane
Everything Chahi makes is gold, but when you say this is an experience, do you mean that it relies heavily on the waggle and face-screen gimmicks, which would mostly be lost in the superior 2D version for normal monitors? Or does that mean something that can stand on its own but which the gimmicks contribute to enhance?
I mean that it's not a "game" with typical Levels that you have to beat or specific rules that you have to follow from what I've seen, so don't expect something like Another World/Heart of Darkness/From Dust.

You're thrown into this big desert world at the beginning with YUGE paper animals walking around and interacting and you can manipulate elements of that, you can pet the animals, pick them up and throw them, play fetch, feed them stuff, you can rescue them from certain death or feed them to one another etc. as you move along a surreal landscape and discover more or new ways to interact including limited terrain manipulation. I guess it could be categorized as a "puzzle" game in the broadest sense with certain goals that move the game along that you'll discover by observing the environment and interacting with parts of it and its fauna.

I'm not sure how well it would translate to a Pancake version, since it's a lot about the ceremony, and the "wonder" of it is seeing YUGE animals walking over your head, weird shit happening directly around you like a sandstorm starting or a sinkhole forming and eating up everything and the direct interactions with the paper animals and the environment. Without that it will certainly not in any way feel "superior". Just watch a bit of some Walkthrough and you'll get a better idea of what it's probably about:

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/fall-vr
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
  • Zero Caliber VR
  • Creed: Rise to Glory
  • I Expect You To Die
  • Raw Data
  • Killing Floor Incursion
  • Archangel: Hellfire - Fully Loaded
  • A-Tech Cybernetic
Awesome Humble VR Bundle. For just €14.49 you get one of the best VR games Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. Raw Data and Creed are decent, I Expect You to Die is great, haven't played the rest.

Second PSVR game got a PS5 patch - Increased supersampling pixel density for improved visual fidelity. I'm really interested to see how much of a difference it actually makes. Wish they went beyond just that but it's still possible they may drop additional patches in the future to improve visuals further.

Was worth it for walking dead saint and sinner alone already, havent tried the others yet. The gameplay in this is phenomenal if somewhat a bit hard to succeed climbing and lacking quicksave . Its almost on par with half life alyx, really feels like you are scavenging in a zombie apocalpyse. We dont speak about those games enough, thats where the action is at now .

Dexter

Arcane

Agony getting a VR port:

Rumors of a Resident Evil 4 VR version for "Oculus platforms" from recent Capcom Ransomware Leaks: https://www.roadtovr.com/leaked-capcom-resident-evil-4-vr-oculus/
Leaked Capcom Documents Point to ‘Resident Evil 4’ VR Coming to Oculus Headsets
By Scott Hayden
Nov 16, 2020

Data allegedly obtained from Capcom in a recent hack suggests that a VR version of Resident Evil 4 is coming to Oculus headsets next year.

As reported by PC Gamer, Capcom’s network was breached on November 2nd as a part of a ransomware attack, which saw the public release of an alleged 1TB of internal data.

Capcom confirmed the leak in a press release, saying a hacker group called Ragnar Locker destroyed and encrypted data on its servers in effort to extort money from the company.

In all, Capcom says some customer and shareholder data was leaked, as well as “some corporate information” including sales reports, financial information, and development documents.

We haven’t vetted the leaked data in question, however PC Gamer maintains that both the name and supposed release date was included in a calendar for a VR version of Resident Evil 4 for Oculus, cited as arriving in April 2021. It’s uncertain which headset is indicated, as the data reportedly only referred to ‘Oculus’ by name.

Considering the original game was first released on consoles in 2005 and then later remastered in 2011, the Quest platform is a likely bet; Facebook has also largely abandoned PC VR in the wake of Quest 2, its latest standalone VR headset.

And although the release dates for these hot-ticket Capcom properties are still far enough away to change, it points to a multi-pronged strategy to launch multiple Resident Evil properties around the same time next year.

The data also suggests the upcoming Resident Evil Village will arrive in April 2021, with the Resident Evil Netflix series Infinite Darkness following in May.

Was worth it for walking dead saint and sinner alone already, havent tried the others yet. The gameplay in this is phenomenal if somewhat a bit hard to succeed climbing and lacking quicksave . Its almost on par with half life alyx, really feels like you are scavenging in a zombie apocalpyse. We dont speak about those games enough, thats where the action is at now .
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...nd-scavenging-with-c-c-in-new-orleans.135958/

Venser

Erudite

https://gamehistory.org/segavr/

sega_visions_vr-scaled.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
https://uploadvr.com/play-elder-scrolls-morrowind-vr-openmw/

https://www.vrfocus.com/2020/11/full-vr-support-rolling-out-december-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/
Full VR Support Rolling out December for Microsoft Flight Simulator
By Peter Graham Last updated Nov 26, 2020

It was great news when Asobo Studio revealed back in July that the new version of Microsoft Flight Simulator would feature virtual reality (VR) support, but slightly surprising that the HP Reverb G2 would be the only compatible device to begin with. If you’ve been awaiting further news then wait no longer, the studio has confirmed full support is coming for PC VR headsets next month.

Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_roadmap-1024x576.jpg

The Microsoft Flight Simulator team held a live developer Q&A yesterday via Twitch where Martial Bossard, Executive Producer at Asobo Studio confirmed the incoming update. “We are going to open the VR for everyone,” he said. “It will also be open to all devices, the Oculus family, Valve family, every family of headset is supported there.”

Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann followed that up by saying: “The feedback has been so positive [from the closed beta] that we think we’re ready to put this out before the holiday season.” The VR addition will be part of Sim Update 2 which is dated for 22nd December and will be free.

Further details regarding VR implementation will be revealed during a Feature Discovery Series published on 17th December. As Bossard mentions in the Q&A its not just the main simulator itself which will be VR compatible but also all the menus – alpha players had to remove their headset to navigate these areas.

Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_image3.jpg

As the roadmap indicates, Asobo Studio has plenty in store recently releasing a World Update for the US with a World Update for the UK coming in January.

Third-party creator community stats have been released showing that 214 airports have been created so far, with another 48 announced and an additional 118 are in production. 9 aircraft have so far been released another 56 are coming whilst another 20 are on the cards.

Microsoft Flight Simulator gives players the entire world to explore with real-time weather and traffic systems. For further updates on VR compatibility, keep reading VRFocus.

Cheap:

Morrowind in VR would be amazing. But I'm not impressed with the way they render most of the arm but leave it a floating stub. Whilst I prefer the full body to be rendered, if that's not possible I'd rather they just went with floating hands as opposed to severed arms floating midway up the screen. It's not like they have engine limitations considering OpenMW is open source.

I'm still undecided on if the project I'm working on will have VR support. I'd rather make a really good VR game that is built from the ground up for it. But that would limit our audience. Just lazily adding a VR mode wouldn't cut it for me. It's something we'll decide later on.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLOL GETTING A VR FOR THE KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS

GETTING THE NEW FAGBOOK ONE OCULUS QUEST 2 BUT PLAN ON USING IT FOR PC GAMES

ANY OF YIY FAGS KNOW DECENT KIDS GAMES!!!
I KNOW MY DAUGHTER LIKES JOB STIMULATOR

deama

Prophet

Morrowind in VR would be amazing. But I'm not impressed with the way they render most of the arm but leave it a floating stub. Whilst I prefer the full body to be rendered, if that's not possible I'd rather they just went with floating hands as opposed to severed arms floating midway up the screen. It's not like they have engine limitations considering OpenMW is open source.

I'm still undecided on if the project I'm working on will have VR support. I'd rather make a really good VR game that is built from the ground up for it. But that would limit our audience. Just lazily adding a VR mode wouldn't cut it for me. It's something we'll decide later on.

Looks like they fixed the arm thing:

Don Peste

Arcane

Venser

Erudite
varjo-xr-3-vr-3-12-1021x580.jpg

A new business grade VR headsets were announced by Varjo: XR-3 and VR-3. At $5500 price it's not something you would play on at home but it's an insight into what the future can bring.

Features:
- the best eye tracking in the industry, it automatically adjust your IPD when you put the headset on
- foviated rendering with the human eye resolution at the center

Megapixels per-eye for comparison:

Rift DK1 - 0.5
Rift DK2 - 1.0
Rift CV1 - 1.3
Vive Pro - 2.3
Rift S - 1.8
Quest - 2.3
Index - 2.3
Quest 2 - 3.5
Reverb G2 - 4.7
Varjo XR-3/VR-3 - 9.7

https://www.roadtovr.com/varjo-xr-3-vr-3-announcement-specs-release-date-price/

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond - Multiplayer Trailer:

1976 - Back to midway now has a demo available:

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THANKS FOR RECOMMENDING!?

AND OF COURSE ILL WATE FOR CHRISTMAS SALE

Dexter

Arcane

https://uploadvr.com/metro-vr-koch-media/
Vertigo Games also allows Koch to add VR to its existing publishing capabilities in a way that simply wouldn’t have been possible had it decided to go it alone. And there’s also the possibility that such expertise could be
called upon by developers at Koch’s Deep Silver arm, and beyond that right across the full Embracer Group, including THQ Nordic and Saber Interactive.

“Yes, there is big interest from various studios now to engage and how that will materialise in VR games, we need to see,” says Kundratitz cautiously. “We run our company in a sort of decentralised way, where the studios have a lot of autonomy on the one hand, but also are part of the family. And we’re gonna play it the same way with VR. Nobody will be forced to do the next game in VR. But on the other hand, if the idea is suitable, if there is an appetite from the development point of view, then we now have great opportunities to not only dream of it, but actually make it.”

We can’t resist naming Metro as a possible target, with the games already having had various mods to get them working in VR:

“Yes, Metro is certainly an important IP that we have, Kingdom Come Deliverance is another big one, Dead Island is a big one. So there are good opportunities in our stable of IPs,” replies Kundratitz. Some tantalising possibilities there for VR, but it is way too early to expect any commitment from those teams.

And Kundratitiz rounds things off with an invitation to developers who are working in VR.

“We want to engage with people that are serious about VR. We believe that VR lives off big games, high-end hardware, and that the immersive experience will ultimately win over a big portion of all gamers… It’s important to underline our commitment to build this publishing portfolio, people should know that we are open for business,

“This is not strictly a sales and distribution type of conversation,” he clarified, “If it’s just exploring ways of what can be done together. We are totally open and welcoming, we want to help.”

So, now you know where to go. And, all being well in the world, we can see Vertigo Games becoming a fantastic addition to the already buzzing Koch and THQ Nordic stand at Gamescom next year.

4A Games are apparently hiring several Gameplay programmers asking for "Oculus Rift/VR experience": http://www.4a-games.com.mt/careers

Teh fuck?

Venser

Erudite
The level of interactivity in new MOH is pretty impressive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom