Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was quite hyped about DAI because their whole campaign was based on "after DA2 we are going back to the roots of the Dragon Age universe". Then I played and I played, and apart from the graphics style, the game just kept being the shallow SJW mastrubation fest that everyone knows with token RPG mechanics and fedex quests. And I played it 6 years ago.

The aforementioned tranny was arguing DAI was a great game just weeks ago. Make your conclusions. When called out, he tried to weasel out with "Joke's on you I was only pretending to be a retard" What a pathetic loser. :lol:

The exchange:
"Hey look, I'm a retard. DAI is a good game and Witcher 3 has no invincible frames":
nuAC combat doesnt cycle between a half dozen different animations when you press the attack button. How anyone could stand playing TW3 on death march is beyond me when Geralt can at any time do a dive roll with zero i-frames
What's up with the "fucking POS of a game" and playing it for dozens of hours and even 100%-ing it?
Because it's not a piece of s*** wow shocking mystery solved

"Go away, retard":
Have you even played witcher 3? Your roll and dodge animations are completely invincible.
Must have changed it since I beat it in 2015 and went back to replaying Dragon Age Inquisition endlessly. You know. A Good game.

"Joke's on them I was only pretending":
I don't even like DA:I, I just wanted to roast the absolute fuck out of you because you're easily the worst poster on this site.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
I was quite hyped about DAI because their whole campaign was based on "after DA2 we are going back to the roots of the Dragon Age universe". Then I played and I played, and apart from the graphics style, the game just kept being the shallow SJW mastrubation fest that everyone knows with token RPG mechanics and fedex quests. And I played it 6 years ago.

The aforementioned tranny was arguing DAI was a great game just weeks ago. Make your conclusions. When called out, he tried to weasel out with "Joke's on you I was only pretending to be a retard" What a pathetic loser. :lol:

The exchange:
"Hey look, I'm a retard. DAI is a good game and Witcher 3 has no invincible frames":
nuAC combat doesnt cycle between a half dozen different animations when you press the attack button. How anyone could stand playing TW3 on death march is beyond me when Geralt can at any time do a dive roll with zero i-frames
What's up with the "fucking POS of a game" and playing it for dozens of hours and even 100%-ing it?
Because it's not a piece of s*** wow shocking mystery solved

"Go away, retard":
Have you even played witcher 3? Your roll and dodge animations are completely invincible.
Must have changed it since I beat it in 2015 and went back to replaying Dragon Age Inquisition endlessly. You know. A Good game.

"Joke's on them I was only pretending":
I don't even like DA:I, I just wanted to roast the absolute fuck out of you because you're easily the worst poster on this site.

What's with this tranny accusation? lmao you have brain damage if you're jsut gonna make up whatever.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What's with this tranny accusation? lmao you have brain damage if you're jsut gonna make up whatever.
"presumed dead tranny" - That's a reference to the thread where you said you are going into surgery the next day and a few people congratulated you on your brave decision to undergo sex change.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Riso

Arcane
The game is almost out and we have yet to crack the important question.

Are we playing a white male corporate fascist or a tranny punk?

kangaxx

Arbiter
Can we expect a heavy diet of corporations bad?

Well, name areal life big business that does good above and beyond selling products and paying their employees and subcontractors on time?

This is kind of a facile comment. Taken as a whole, the system of private enterprise is imperfect but has net improved people's lives. I don't think it's credible to argue otherwise... there's quite a lot of data to support it.

User was nabbed fit

Thinking I might play a corporate jewboy. I'm expecting a branch where you can turn on your masters. My plan -- infiltrate, subvert and destroy from within.

:fifthcolumn:

AwesomeButton

Patron

Thinking I might play a corporate jewboy. I'm expecting a branch where you can turn on your masters. My plan -- infiltrate, subvert and destroy from within.

:fifthcolumn:
Infiltrate and evade. Engage only on your own terms.

Quillon

Arcane

I'd go with nomad from the descriptions but will try streetkid first and try not to be the good guy at all times in the first playthrough. I expect I'll reroll into a goody-two-shoes nomad pretty early tho :P

Will play an evul corpo for the second or third run fo'sho

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Comparisons between CP2077 and OG Deus Ex, at least, are probably gonna end up far off base when we start playing. To cocksucker bugmen games journalists Deus Ex is a Square-Enix produced, fruity Montreal created plastic console abomination featuring a normie faggot called Adam Jenson. What's the bet there ends up being more gravity in just one early Deus Ex conversation than the entire breadth of our encounters in CP77.

Well I'd quit now then, as an open world Human Revolution is probably on the optimistic side of what we're getting.

Riso

Arcane
Comparisons between CP2077 and OG Deus Ex, at least, are probably gonna end up far off base when we start playing. To cocksucker bugmen games journalists Deus Ex is a Square-Enix produced, fruity Montreal created plastic console abomination featuring a normie faggot called Adam Jenson. What's the bet there ends up being more gravity in just one early Deus Ex conversation than the entire breadth of our encounters in CP77.

Well I'd quit now then, as an open world Human Revolution is probably on the optimistic side of what we're getting.

Jokes on you, all I want is Witcher 3 with guns.

Terenty

Liturgist
Ppl here are getting too optimistic about roleplaying anything in CP2077. The only role you gonna play is the one that's rigidly scripted and voiced over

Last edited:
I really don't understand why an fps rpg can't emulate fallout new vegas, and give the same degree of choice and consequence along with a decent setting that game gave, like why is it so much to ask from a triple A game? The outer worlds is terrible and I literally can't think of any other fps rpg that comes close.

kangaxx

Arbiter

If we get anything even approaching this good I'll be delighted. In reality, just a reminder that we will get: levelled bullet sponge enemies, levelled random loot, level-gated loot, weird "street cred" gating of shop purchases.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Human Revolution/Mankind Divided with cars and open world would be 10/10 GOTY type of deal. I choose to believe this is what we are going to get until the cruel reality proves otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom