Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Perkel

Arcane
Damn that video, just got reminded how Black and White 2 was huge downgrade over B and W 1. I played War for Overworld at release and i wasn't really moved. I started playing it again after this post and yeah it improved massively.

Still that Dugeons 3 is neat game.

Mazisky

Magister
War of the Overworld to Dungeons 3 is like Phoenix Point to Xcom 2. The first has deeper gameplay but looks and feels duller

Baron Dupek

Arcane
b72bfe3a93.png

Fishy

Savant
I know fuck all about law, but is that a common thing for contracts to have people give up their right to legal action? The legal ignorant that I am would have thought that this is absolutely unenforceable, at least on the right side of the Atlantic.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I know fuck all about law, but is that a common thing for contracts to have people give up their right to legal action? The legal ignorant that I am would have thought that this is absolutely unenforceable, at least on the right side of the Atlantic.
Depends on the country/political block. Kwan and uk have really broken and archaic legal system,so there is a good chance to be enforceable in there.

Perkel

Arcane
Elite dangerous any good?

Depends what you are looking for.

If you are kind of trucker and want to fight and haul things spending days on days doing exactly that rinse and repeat then it is game for you.

If you want to think about what you are doing and hate repeated stuff then no, stay away. I am space games freak and i only managed to get around 80 hours out of it, mostly in VR because it has amazing VR integration and it really really reallly ups game value a lot. Without Vr i wouldn't give it more than 20 hours.

It is pretty game though, especially in VR and quite polished if you don't like playing alphas.
That being said. Wide as ocean shallow as puddle is true statement about ED.

deama

Prophet
Elite dangerous any good?

Depends what you are looking for.

If you are kind of trucker and want to fight and haul things spending days on days doing exactly that rinse and repeat then it is game for you.

If you want to think about what you are doing and hate repeated stuff then no, stay away. I am space games freak and i only managed to get around 80 hours out of it, mostly in VR because it has amazing VR integration and it really really reallly ups game value a lot. Without Vr i wouldn't give it more than 20 hours.

It is pretty game though, especially in VR and quite polished if you don't like playing alphas.
That being said. Wide as ocean shallow as puddle is true statement about ED.
I'm looking for freespace 2 + Starsector + option to buy massive ships; and maybe some nice questing but that last one is a "nice to have".

Perkel

Arcane
I'm looking for freespace 2 + Starsector + option to buy massive ships; and maybe some nice questing but that last one is a "nice to have".

Nothing like that on horizon until whatever year Star Citizen releases, assuming it will release at all.
The only option right now for having your own fleet is either Starsector or X4. X4 will have expansion in coming months that should make it a lot better so you should wait for it before trying it out, right now it is good but kind of "small"

deama

Prophet

Nothing like that on horizon until whatever year Star Citizen releases, assuming it will release at all.
The only option right now for having your own fleet is either Starsector or X4. X4 will have expansion in coming months that should make it a lot better so you should wait for it before trying it out, right now it is good but kind of "small"
How well does X4 run for you?

Perkel

Arcane
How well does X4 run for you?

On my GTX1080 and ryzen3600 i get anywhere from 50fps to 110fps, but this highly depends on what is going on screen. Big battle would sink framerate. Back on my i5-3570K@4,5Ghz and GTX980 i got around 25-60fps with 1.0 version. Game definitely needs good CPU with fast single core performance.

Also if you actually play X4 switch off screen space reflections they don't do jack shit and they sink performance like mad on any system.

otteaux

Novice
Damn that video, just got reminded how Black and White 2 was huge downgrade over B and W 1.

Black and White may have been one of the most hyped games of all time. There wasn't a gaming rag in existence back in '99-'00 that wasn't slobbering all over Molyneux and chugging down willingly whatever jizz was coming out of his mouth at the time.

I suppose Daikatana, Spore, Fable, and Myth would fall into that category as well.

Perkel

Arcane
oho Epic clearly targeting codex lately. next week PoE and T. I love how they use that old kickstarter artwork which show characters that are not in game lol.

unknown.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom