Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's command Codexers in Syrian Warfare and crush Daesh

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron
Aye, I'll be the 2S1 hanging out on my lonesome, and give my long hard barrel to whichever boy that wants it most.
9bfsdq.gif

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll say we sit tight until the reinforcements clean up the building behind us and join us. At least it's what I'm going to do

Dayyālu

Arcane
nE4MM6g.jpg
See? My GENIUS is proven. COMPLETE tactical superiority over the enemy. SHOOT THAT FUCK WITH THE RPG I TOLD YOU TO SHOOT SHOOT *shrieks*

*explosion*

That said, I don't think I can do jack shit. I have no infantry support and for sure I don't feel like "dancing" with the ATGM team to make them waste their shots (I guess it's doable, but you seriously think any SAA tank commander worth his salt would even bother?).

I'll overwatch until someone comes to help me. IF someone else triggers the ATGM team pop out, engage and pop back into cover.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
48.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In other news,

Codex Forces Capture 30km of Territory from ISIS in East Aleppo: Kuweires Airport Within Sight

tiger-forces.png

The Syrian Arab Army’s elite special operations brigade known as the “Codex Forces” (Tiger Forces branch) – led by Colonel Wallah wal-Kall and Colonel Kattakoum – have advanced deep into the heart of the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) stronghold in the Deir Hafer Plains, capturing approximately 30km of territory from the terrorist group in a matter of two weeks.

On Sunday morning, the Codex Forces – in coordination with the National Defense Forces (NDF) and Kataebat Al-Ba’ath (Al-Ba’ath Battalions) – advanced from the recently captured village of Al-Dakwaneh to the nearby towns of Al-Mufliseh and Tal Sab’een, where they were confronted by a large contingent of ISIS fighters that were protecting this territory along the Jabboul Lake in the Deir Hafer plains.

According to a military source from the Tiger Forces stationed inside the Al-Safeera District, the Codex Forces have successfully broken-through the terrorist group’s frontlines at the northern axis of Tal Sab’een, resulting in the pro-government forces entering the town and taking control of the southwestern farms after intense firefights with ISIS on Sunday.

In addition to their success at Tal Sab’een, the Codex Forces took the offensive against ISIS at Al-Mufliseh, where they also achieved a successful infiltration into this well-fortified town in the Deir Hafer Plains; however, unlike Tal Sab’een, the Syrian Armed Forces are still at the southern axis of Al-Mufliseh.

With approximately 30km of territory taken from ISIS inside the Deir Hafer Plains of the Aleppo Governorate’s eastern countryside, the Syrian Armed Forces are less than 4km away from the strategic Thermal Plant along the Aleppo-Raqqa Highway.

The Kuweires Military Airport has been under a brutal siege imposed by ISIS for the last two year; however, with the help from the Russian Air Force, the Syrian Armed Forces are closer than ever to lift this siege and free the soldiers trapped inside.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ahahahahah we lost our driver al-Durak but somehow we managed to make it to the atgm!
And we aren't even wounded, Allah is merciful!
Well then if that big building is now empty time to get in then in a window facing north/northeast to shoot at whatever we can see with tracks/wheels.
Good luck in our Toyota, al-Egosphere, just don't mind the burning body in the driver's seat!

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
... but Strange Farouwd managed to reach his tank. By miracle, the tank is still somewhat working without needing immediate repair, and his 100mm gun is brought to support.
Allahu Akbar :outrage:

Orders: Keep shooting, I guess. If there's no one left to shoot - charge!!! Towards Dayyalu and then north looks good.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
A few comments

@Dayyalu : Actually, you can either wait for help, run for it (which you excluded) or I can try a third solution : sortie you drivers on foot, lay a LOT of smoke, and hope that it breaks LOS enough to get out of her safely.

@All : I forget to show something (that was a LONG update) :

This is what the base looks like. Perimeter has been broken (I think it is what trigger the reinforcements) and there are Daesh tank in the perimeter. If that bigger arrow in the top-right falls it is instant game over.

ymi7FSJ.png

Initial tentative orders for my squad assuming me and Sukhāvatī wind up being the only reinforcements that show up. I will provide updated and more aggressive orders once/if others start giving theirs.

Phase 1:
Advance while mounted in BTR to location 1 and use the coaxial 7.62 to briefly perform recon by fire on compound D and then building A. Engage any enemies located with the main gun (not sure if it is 30mm or 14.5mm for this BTR) or coaxial 7.62 as appropriate. Target priorities are vehicles with heavy weapons, heavy weapon infantry teams, regular infantry, all others.

Phase 1 is concluded when all enemies are destroyed, fully suppressed, or if no enemies are found.

Phase 2:
Advance while mounted in BTR to location 2 and use building A as cover. Dismount vehicle and immediately assault and clear buildings A and B in sequence. If fire is received during the movement to location 2, discharge smoke before dismounting.

Phase 2 is concluded when Buildings A and B have been cleared.

Phase 3: Occupy building B and observe with particular attention paid to building C, compound D and the cluster of buildings off image to the north. Engage any enemies located. If enemies are located in buildings engage them with the RPO. Targeting priorities are the same as stated for Phase 1.

Phase 3 concluded when all enemies are destroyed, fully suppressed, or if no enemies are found.

Note: Be mindful of unpredictable friendlies who may wander into intended lines of fire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If any other infantry reinforcements want to move on foot to secure A and B, I will probably go for the more distant D instead this turn. If we can quickly clear these buildings the first wave already swept through it would probably be better.

06Dp6vN.png

As a general note, the more complex the order, the more likely I do a mistake executing them (still sorry for your SdKfz 251/1, tindrli, but not for for your tank mondblut). In your case, I read it as "check if any hostile from starting position, then carefully and methodically swipe on foot buildigs A, B then clear up anyone in C and D." with a lot more words :). I am not even sure if I should occupy C and D though.

As for being "mindful of unpredictable friendlies", this is so out of character for the SAA that I will obviously ignore it :lol::lol::lol:

Helly : Forget to state that your ATGM has 2 missiles left. You can get more at the supply trucks, for some reasons there are no launcher but missiles there (probably raw ammunitium that you can mold into anything you like, which would explain why it is so long to actually reload missiles compared to reloading grenades).

ValeVelKal

Arcane
ValeVelKal Do I have a squad/team + BTR crew, or does the crew dismount as part of the Infantry? Or in other words, do I have an APC and Infantry that can move independently? I would assume the answer is yes, but who knows with the SAA.

Edit: Disregard, found an earlier answer.
- You cannot split your squad. Apart from that, you can do a lot of things : get into buildings (people then go into the roof), take vehicles (armors can only be driven by tank drivers, so Endemic/Dayyalu/Strange Fellow), crawl from position A to position B sneaky sneaky, interdict weapon, force weapon usage on a target, etc etc.
Actually for wave A I could not afford dedicated crew so it was the same person (and not worth it for Toyota) but an APC crew is “only” 50 points so points allowing I will probably buy one this time and follow the following rule :
- The APC are impressable 17 yo recruits and they obey to the closest SAA units. The crew still respect themselves and they won’t listen to NDF militia leaders.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
If that bigger arrow in the top-right falls it is instant game over.

In that case, a question.

Why are we even troubling ourselves with some assholes in cucksheds at the spawn point instead of going YALLA YALLA NACH VALHALLA at double time to rescue our besieged brothers?

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Am I correct in thinking we're outnumbered something like 8 to 1 in this mission?
Yes.

You complained the scenario where you fought the French as "too easy" because they had only 1 old tank, 2 AT guns and some infantry to face your 4 tanks and massive infantry force.

In terms of heavy material you outnumber them (for now at least), and you have mostly trained troops and they don't.

Egosphere

Arcane
Anyways, my turn is to resupply at Roxor's, park the toyota in the shadow of the black building, and trudge to the northmost red circle on foot. I was hoping to snipe armour with the rec-rifle from behind massed infantry assault, but that's unlikely now. Perhaps I'll spot a few daesh devils for Sergiu and al-Helli. Roxor and Sukhavati can bomb them from afar, too.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
HtU6EE5.png

1. Al Ruksour is riding our supply truck, right? In which case get me them RPO rockets
2. That building looks like it would be very useful for Baud or Sergiu to set up in, seize it but if possible stay in the low ground during the approach (that road is on lower ground than the sand dunes surrounding it, correct?)
3. Optional and depends if support has moved up far enough.

NB: Use our taxi until we've reached past the big black building. Approach the 2. objective on foot.

ASSAD! OR WE BURN THE COUNTRY!

EDIT: I agree that our reinforcements should secure our rear first.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
ValeVelKal I'd rathee have the supply truck come to me, really, if at all possible. By the time I'd get where it is now on foot the assault would be over.
You ll have to ask Dark Roxxor to come to you :p.

Note that I opportunistically reloaded the RR truck and the BMP-1 as they went next to the truck.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
2. That building looks like it would be very useful for Baud or Sergiu to set up in, seize it but if possible stay in the low ground during the approach (that road is on lower ground than the sand dunes surrounding it, correct?)
Those buildings are actually discarded containers (I put a pic with a good angle to show that) but they offer decent cover nonetheless. And yes, there are some dunes/mini-hills of sort so if you crawl or even pay attention to how you get there I believe you are pretty much covered

Andnjord

Arcane
Those buildings are actually discarded containers (I put a pic with a good angle to show that) but they offer decent cover nonetheless. And yes, there are some dunes/mini-hills of sort so if you crawl or even pay attention to how you get there I believe you are pretty much covered
So we are litteraly fighting over dumspters, excellent.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So we are litteraly fighting over dumspters, excellent.
Can't count how many of my Xenonauts/Aquanauts have died between two thrash containers in Terror Missions in XCOM/XCOM2/Xenonauts

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So I hear snipers are good at sneaking. Not sure how useful that is given how much everyone else is rushing, but here are Sergiu's orders - maybe we'll grenade some more:
jqUkZRR.png

Egosphere

Arcane
Since Andnjord and Sergiu are pushing, I'll stay in 'my' rr truck behind them and provide support if needs be

Endemic

Arcane
I'll provide cover fire for the advance like so:

C9ro6Uw.jpg

Not sure if those dunes will completely block line of sight to the northeast. If so, concentrate on the buildings to the northwest instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom