Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Falksi

Arcane
OlN96ws.png

pdFb7Kj.jpg

joQIqpg.jpg

QlJNhBd.jpg

A2w4Oas.jpg

p9g6fXw.jpg

Tytus

Arcane
As much as I hate this shit franchise, honestly I hope this is a critical and commercial success so that way Bioware doesn't break up and these people don't infect the few remaining studios I actually like or split off a hundred different ways and create a hundred times the
decline.png
Bioware is dead already.
Bioware is a 95% decomposed corpse animated via talmudic sorcery

Actually Golems are being removed from D&D and similar games as being too racist or something. So they can't use talmudic sorcery anymore it's cultural appropriation.

Where did you get that? 5e DnD still has golems.

I read an article somewhere that WoTC are considering getting rid off the name "Golem" as it's insensitive and substitute it with something like Rock Guardian, Rock Sentinel. But I can't find it right now.

Mac Walters, one of the lead writers for Mass Effect 2 and 3, acted as a senior writer for the first game and mainly focused on Garrus, as well as Wrex.

no wonder they're both awesome.

Semiurge

Cipher
Always liked Matt Rhodes, shame he is still at Biotrash, art directors pays too well...
d7ek7o4-dbbecbef-bef0-4dff-81e1-ca407d599d28.jpg

Googled his shit and it's as bad as I suspected. I can't abide that overly emotive, saccharine Disney animation influenced style that's rampant on DeviantArt. Look here for examples:

jwHpgawLEFfTqUUrESbJWmzc13XdI1tDW9zm9hLrGBo.jpg

matt-rhodes-tellurion-028-01.jpg

cFVwzGvSuW-rfGlGFM1K2SShEpAxRKEKq8l-BDFoR4s.jpg

bae2709417321.57c9ea170248b.jpg

matt-rhodes-tellurion-006-02.jpg

Them eyebrows :prosper:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Googled his shit and it's as bad as I suspected. I can't abide that overly emotive, saccharine Disney animation influenced style that's rampant on DeviantArt. Look here for examples:
Am I over analyzing things or is his anatomy subtly off? Not obvious stuff, like the knees in one of your images are quite a bit lower than they should be. Just a general feeling that things are slightly short than they should be.

Semiurge

Cipher
Am I over analyzing things or is his anatomy subtly off? Not obvious stuff, like the knees in one of your images are quite a bit lower than they should be. Just a general feeling that things are slightly short than they should be.

the puerile art style is the problem, although it's realistic enough that anatomical inaccuracies can't be forgiven either.

His anatomy is extremely off, but in his defense look at any of the concept art of DA4, all of it has weird weird anatomy as well. Truly bizarre stuff.

unknown.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New Dragon Age website: https://www.ea.com/games/dragon-age

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/12/04/a-note-from-christian/

A note from Christian Dailey

Friends,

Happy Dragon Age Day!

I’d like to extend a huge thank you to Laura, Casey and Mark for their kind words yesterday, and confidence in me during this transition. Casey and Mark, who I’ve worked with over the last three years have both been such a positive influence, and I have learned so much from them. It is bittersweet indeed. I am going to miss working with them every day, but I know we will remain friends and I am excited for them as they embark on their next adventures.

Obviously stepping into this role on Dragon Age after Mark is a bit humbling. Mark is someone that I look up to and is a true BioWare legend. We all hope to make him proud as we look to deliver the best Dragon Age story yet, otherwise we know we’ll hear about it….

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing insights into the development as we move into next year. If you already follow me on Twitter, you know I like to share details throughout the dev process and I hope to do the same as we continue our work on Dragon Age.

In the meantime, check out the new Dragon Age website that launched today that includes some cool new stories and illustrations.

Looking forward to sharing more soon.

Have a great Dragon Age Day, and a safe, relaxing holiday, all.

Christian

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dragon-age-4/game-awards-2020

The “next reveal” of Dragon Age 4 will be at The Game Awards
dragon-age-4-game-awards-580x334.jpg

The next Dragon Game is still on the way, and BioWare has confirmed that we’ll be seeing more of it at The Game Awards next week. The studio has also launched a series of new, lore-filled short stories to help seed that new reveal, and to help celebrate the fan-made Dragon Age Day of December 4.

“These stories, written by the narrative team, help paint the picture for the future of Dragon Age,” the studio says in a press release, “including some insight into the next reveal at The Game Awards.” The annual awards (and trailers) show is scheduled to air on December 10 at 16:00 PST / 19:00 EST, or midnight GMT.

The new Dragon Age – which I’m going to keep referring to as Dragon Age 4 for simplicity’s sake – was originally revealed at The Game Awards 2018 with a very brief teaser video. Aside from Mark Darrah tweeting the words ‘Dragon Age’, 2019 was pretty quiet, and while BioWare did show off some footage from a next-gen fantasy game at EA Play earlier this year, the studio never actually confirmed it was from Dragon Age 4.

The Dragon Age 4 release date is closer now than it’s ever been before, but still maybe don’t expect it to come that soon.

For now, you can head over to the official site in order to ingest some short fiction and get back in that Thedas mood. Maybe check out some other RPG games to enjoy while we all continue to endure the long, long wait for the sequel.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
No it's Stroud.

Damn I had to google to remember him, can't believe they've put a literal who in the middle next to the Morrigan
Hero of Ferelden aka Warden doesn't exist to modern day Bioware as they aren't one of their precious voiced protagonists and thus are in a perpetual Schrodinger's Cat state of half-life.

Still, with the latest staff exodus, I can't imagine that bodes well for any of Bio's franchises moving forward. I expect the usual shills are out in force on various forums insisting that "all the original staff are still there." I'd rather the whole thing and associated IPs get canned at this point, it's just tarnishing the positive memories of the older, good titles at this point though if Bio ever does shut up shop, you'll have a roving wave of hurr durrs looking for a new franchise to fuck up with their "suggestions".

Robber Baron

Savant
Hero of Ferelden aka Warden doesn't exist to modern day Bioware as they aren't one of their precious voiced protagonists and thus are in a perpetual Schrodinger's Cat state of half-life.
Still, with the latest staff exodus, I can't imagine that bodes well for any of Bio's franchises moving forward. I expect the usual shills are out in force on various forums insisting that "all the original staff are still there." I'd rather the whole thing and associated IPs get canned at this point, it's just tarnishing the positive memories of the older, good titles at this point though if Bio ever does shut up shop, you'll have a roving wave of hurr durrs looking for a new franchise to fuck up with their "suggestions".

Obviously I'm not holding any kind of hope for the future of the franchise, it's just amusing to follow where and in what kind of shape it will end up

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Didn't laidlaw say he was basically the only person who was keeping Dragon Age's four-man squad things going? It was completely unecessary but you had a ridiculous amount of customization with the companions in III. Mass Effect 2+ not so much, just pick some talents and get back to shooting. If there's companions in DAIV I have a feeling pick some talents and get back to shooting will be the story there.

lmao they did everything they could to make DA:O look like an action game

https://www.ea.com/games/dragon-age/dragon-age-origins

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Why would you want the HoF to make an appearance? Bioware would just butcher him.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Intredasting
Is it the hero of Ferelden in the middle?

Hero of Ferelden is a Dalish female elf in canon, I believe. Was depicted that way in the novels and Inquisition's default world state, and some people at Bioware confirmed somewhere that is the intention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom