Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Interview with David Walgrave from latest issue of Wireframe. https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/issues/45

The last two pages are musings about Larian's future.

BTNzqWL.png

3IdGHnq.png
V3YOptm.png
gqJP9kO.png
qYHVSik.png
S7TYslL.png
lUQ3d4K.png

Shrimp

Arbiter
"You cannot sell a bless spell to people. It's boring. They don't care - they want to see fireworks, they want to see damage."
Or maybe it's because they intentionally made it shit by littering the floor with ground effects forcing you to roll a concentration check every time you do something

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
New update is dipping HEAVY into decline. They are making all the companions friendlier so as not to hurt the feelings of sensitive players and nerfing a lot of spells, attacks, ect. in order to make it simpler for players. As always, the loud whiny Karen-minded soy-addled brainlets of the world demand to speak to the studio managers and ruin gaming for the rest of us.

They are falling into the same trap as Pillars and Numenera, destroying gameplay in order to please everybody (but foremostly the snowflakes). The only thing which can save the game at this point is extensive modding

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The feedback thing is good, the DOS 1 and 2 companions are all annoying fucks. I don't think they understand how to do personalities without being heavy handed and retarded. So telling them to tone it down was a good thing. Now if the public committee could tidy up all the other stuff that sucks, it might be pretty good in a year or two.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
"You cannot sell a bless spell to people. It's boring. They don't care - they want to see fireworks, they want to see damage."
Or maybe it's because they intentionally made it shit by littering the floor with ground effects forcing you to roll a concentration check every time you do something
Oh God, what does it say about me that Bless is one of my favorite spells in this game?

Swen why do you think I am boring?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You have to wait for the moment they are starting to make the game more D&D esque and are actually listening the feedback!

Shrimp

Arbiter
Bless is insanely good. What's this about the ground being littered with con checks?
Taking damage from random environmental surface effects like fire on the gruond makes you to do a con check to keep Bless. Since many of the encounters in the game had these in gracious amounts all concentration spells were significantly weaker than they should be.
It's worth noting that yesterday's patch did remove surface effects from cantrips. For instance Fire bolt used to leave behind a modestly sized fire aoe in the area around its target. However as far as I know a majority of the enemies encountered in the EA portion of the game (namely goblins) still possess flaming arrows and random molotov cocktails so you're likely still going to be blasted with additional con checks

jf8350143

Liturgist
It makes no sense the companions criticise your action even when they are nowhere near you and have no idea what you have done. Also they get pissed way to often, mostly on minor issues.

I'd say it's a incline they decided to tone it down.

Quillon

Arcane
It makes no sense the companions criticise your action even when they are nowhere near you and have no idea what you have done.

But will they really take into account of their presence? Or just take overall tone down approach? If former then they should take care of shit like things happening before they are even in the party but know somehow after they join, like the devil's offer. Or just mentioning shit that happened to the party when they were in the camp all the time, how do they know? And if they somehow know about the shit then they should be pleased with or pissed at the shit accordingly imo. Shieeeet.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
So does everyone hate these companions? Sounds like Larian should just outright scrap them and write new ones at this point.

Shrimp

Arbiter
So does everyone hate these companions? Sounds like Larian should just outright scrap them and write new ones at this point.
I'd have to play their companion quests to completion in the full game to know whether or not I like them, but currently I don't really mind any of them. I think a lot of the hate is blown out of proportion by people who don't like them talking back when you do some dumb shit.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
New update is dipping HEAVY into decline. They are making all the companions friendlier so as not to hurt the feelings of sensitive players and nerfing a lot of spells, attacks, ect. in order to make it simpler for players. As always, the loud whiny Karen-minded soy-addled brainlets of the world demand to speak to the studio managers and ruin gaming for the rest of us.

They are falling into the same trap as Pillars and Numenera, destroying gameplay in order to please everybody (but foremostly the snowflakes). The only thing which can save the game at this point is extensive modding

Did you expect Larian NOT to cuck out?

They changed companions but still can't be assed to fix the party controls.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Companions and everything they say is all for little girls anyway. Everyone else just wants to kill stuff with a bit of context. I hope mashing ESC will skip all the jibber jabber.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are they actually rewriting the companions or just removing some of their approval loses? Given the example they use with Shadowheart reacting to an event she isn't part of, I figured it was the latter.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Are they actually rewriting the companions or just removing some of their approval loses? Given the example they use with Shadowheart reacting to an event she isn't part of, I figured it was the latter.
I'm guessing it's a mix of both.
I always thought it was weird that companions would gain/lose approval for events they weren't present to witness, but I guess it's within the realm of possibility that they just hear of it at the camp or something.
I just hope they don't go completely overboard with removing all the approval loses. It's going to be boring if everyone in your entire camp sits at max approval solely because there aren't enough ways to lower their approval rating.

Efe

Erudite
how do you even find morons like this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom