Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drowed

Arcane
ChildInTime Darkwind Drowed DalekFlay Salvo Mikeal

VnZ2vrV.jpg

Why should I care about this? So Geralt want to be Geralda the Witch? I have seen worse things on the internet.

1239471254962224999.jpg

Cyberpunk is still looking exactly what it seemed from the beginning: a first person shooter game with RPG elements, open world and lots of dialogue. Basically a Witcher 3 with less battles/fights and more C&C. I think everyone here knows exactly what to expect from the game, whether they will like it, hate it, or think it is good for what it is.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Find it funny how he sounds like someone that imitates an action hero from a movie at all times... even to an AI in private. I just can't get over how painful the male voice actor sounds. Do they devs really think he sounds cool?
That's corpo personality gotta keep up the appearances even when you are alone.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Geralt IS a massive leftie cuck who stands up for degenerate mutant, goat people, magic midget rights and shit, though, so YMMV.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Jesus, they really went 'all-in' on the neon over-saturated "This is how the future will look according to the 1980s" vibe. I like it in doses but seeing everything in neon blue & pink like a fucking CGA monitor from 1982? I hope it less intense than that little clip makes it appear. Also the 'haze' effect making everything seem unreal / dream-like I've seen in several vids now. Again, in moderation, that can be useful if its the whole game then it needs to be dialed back massively.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Jesus, they really went 'all-in' on the neon over-saturated "This is how the future will look according to the 1980s" vibe. I like it in doses but seeing everything in neon blue & pink like a fucking CGA monitor from 1982? I hope it less intense than that little clip makes it appear. Also the 'haze' effect making everything seem unreal / dream-like I've seen in several vids now. Again, in moderation, that can be useful if its the whole game then it needs to be dialed back massively.
You niggers are funny you spent like 50 pages crying about how it doesn't look like blade runner but looks like gta clone and when the game looks like blade runner I see tard saying thats bad.

:retarded::retarded: :retarded:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Why should I care about this? So Geralt want to be Geralda the Witch? I have seen worse things on the internet.

1239471254962224999.jpg

Cyberpunk is still looking exactly what it seemed from the beginning: a first person shooter game with RPG elements, open world and lots of dialogue. Basically a Witcher 3 with less battles/fights and more C&C. I think everyone here knows exactly what to expect from the game, whether they will like it, hate it, or think it is good for what it is.

Hah, that's Alžběta Trojanová, czech game reviewer and cosplayer. It's funny, she did cosplay for fun, then CDP asked her to represent them at E3 and Gamescom, then she started dating someone from CDP and now she is in Warsaw. Her bear cosplay is better though

651da5081853993e74b9d3470f491bd0.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
They're letting you put cornrows and dreads on white people, are they trying to piss off ResetEra?

If anyone here has an account over on ResetEra they should pose this as a problem. Praise it for allowing the player to choose whichever genitals they want, but also condemn it for allowing cultural appropriation by allowing everyone to use whatever hair. I feel like some people would take the bait.

"White people"? So far it seems that your choice is either black, latino or blacktino. And not even the attractive kind. Keanu will be the most caucasian character in this one. But then again it does make sense from lore point that the races are hard to distinguish.

This entire article is basically them being mad because CDPR acts like a 2009 coporation and they won't cancel/massively delay to woke-ify the game. lol

I love how history is just quietly re-written here since there were trans characters in the Witcher 3, strong women who kicked ass, nuance, etc. Naturally I'd have to expect a games journalist to actually have played one of the top 3 selling rpgs of all time to know that...

Just, how dare they imply that the most transfriendly game ever should be boycotted for being transphobic?! This only proves that if you throw them a bone, you're asking for more trouble than what it's worth. It's better to just ignore them and maybe they'll ignore your game. Which is fine since they are just a loud minority, after all.

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
Just, how dare they imply that the most transfriendly game ever should be boycotted for being transphobic?!

I don't know if Cyberpunk is trans-friendly, trans-phobic, or anything in between, but what I do know is that if people want to be stupid, they will be stupid. If people want to feel offended, they will feel offended. And there is nothing in the world that you can do that will be enough for them. Extremists are terrorists, and you don't engage in dialogue with terrorists. Because they are not interested in dialogue, they are interested in coercing you into doing what they want you to do - and if you don't, they will threaten you, pressure you, or even attack you. And here I talk about any kind of extremism, that's just a punctual example.

I mean, above someone quoted me in an exchange of messages where a person was, in a non-ironic way, asking the voiceover actor of a fantasy character if that fictional character supported a certain real-world political cause. Do you have any idea how imbecile this situation is? What's next, Infinitron will ask VD if Miltiades supports the Jews? (He does. I bet.)

The only way to win is not to play the game. Or rather, play the game and forget about the retards.

Semiurge

Cipher
I mean, above someone quoted me in an exchange of messages where a person was, in a non-ironic way, asking the voiceover actor of a fantasy character if that fictional character supported a certain real-world political cause.

Yes, despite being maybe a bit too familiar with the character's voiceover lines than they wanted to, I doubt that they have more insight than anyone else involved with the character. But asking about it from VO actors would seem mostly innocent if it wasn't for the inquiring person expecting a very specific kind of answer, which the person who asks these questions undoubtedly does.

They want reassurances, not answers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom