Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, is there a point to the Towers of Time when you've gotten the rewards for beating them? I realized yesterday you can cheese Mercy to grind points, so all competitive spirit is gone. I also don't like how it's expected of you to use consumables for some fights. Sindel on brutal difficulty is pretty tough, but it can be trivialized with the right consumables.

Adon

Arcane
e4m4pmesyc361.jpg

Caim

Arcane
IIRC this game was filled to the eyeballs with microtransactions (they're probably called mikrotransactions because Mortal Kombat), how is that situation now?

Melcar

Arcane
IIRC this game was filled to the eyeballs with microtransactions (they're probably called mikrotransactions because Mortal Kombat), how is that situation now?

Same. They don't stop until the next installment comes around. SF, MK, KOF, Tekken, SC, all the same bullshit. Some companies are worse than others, but that's their basic way of operating. AAA Fighting games are dead.

Caim

Arcane
Same. They don't stop until the next installment comes around. SF, MK, KOF, Tekken, SC, all the same bullshit. Some companies are worse than others, but that's their basic way of operating. AAA Fighting games are dead.
I know that Dead or Alive is particularly poor on the part of cosmetics, but AFAIK aside from a few characters it's all cosmetics for fetishists and waifu chasers. Didn't MK11 and at least one of the Injustice games also straight-up sell power?

Adon

Arcane

Don't know what you're thinking of, but this was never the case with MK11. The only MTX that has ever existed for it was the Time Crystals to be able to buy cosmetic stuff on the in-game store that rotates its inventory on a daily basis.

Everything else in terms of DLC has been character passes (with skins included) and the Aftermath story expansion.

Melcar

Arcane

Don't know what you're thinking of, but this was never the case with MK11. The only MTX that has ever existed for it was the Time Crystals to be able to buy cosmetic stuff on the in-game store that rotates its inventory on a daily basis.

Everything else in terms of DLC has been character passes (with skins included) and the Aftermath story expansion.

I guess he means what you're referring as DLC. I guess you could distinguish the two on purely technical terms. Some people like to lump everything that's sold after the base game is released as the same, whether it be "DLC" or "microtransactions".

Adon

Arcane

I guess he means what you're referring as DLC. I guess you could distinguish the two on purely technical terms. Some people like to lump everything that's sold after the base game is released as the same, whether it be "DLC" or "microtransactions".

Dunno about that because if that's the case then the question makes no sense. If he was simply referring to DLC in general, he wouldn't have asked "how is that situation now?" as if there was ever going to be less DLC.

https://gamerant.com/mortal-kombat-netherrealm-marvel-fighting-game/

Mortal Kombat developer NetherRealm Studios is owned by Warner Bros. Interactive, allowing it to work on games like Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and the critically-acclaimed Injustice series of games. The general assumption has been that NetherRealm's next game will be Injustice 3, but a new rumor suggests that the studio's next game may be something else entirely. If the rumors are to be believed, NetherRealm's next game could be a Marvel fighting game.

This rumor stems from leaker Daniel Richtman, as discovered by Stealth Optional. According to the rumor, NetherRealm is making a Marvel fighting game for next-generation consoles. Unfortunately, no further details about this supposed Marvel fighting game have been revealed at the time of this writing beyond that it is in active development at NetherRealm. Regardless, fans should take this news with a grain of salt, as it's entirely possible that there is no truth to this rumor. As always, it's better to wait for an official reveal from NetherRealm.

There is a big buzz in the web about this rumor but is it even possible for WB-controlled studio to release anything Marvel related?

Lacrymas

Arcane
They still have to add the missing ninjas and Havik in 11 anyway. I'd also like more story content that isn't focused on Kronika. Aftermath wasn't as bad as base game imo, especially since it was focused on creating 2 factions fighting for Kronika's power. Even though I disliked the fact they removed any complexity to Sindel's character, I liked the idea of certain people banding together and fighting each other and not gods.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
It's incredible how dedicated they are to uglyness :/
Cuckolds, redditors, sjws (and normies since we are in 2021): "b-but female characters in games can't be hawt because it's not rEaLiStIc!!!"
...but a skinny-ass flat woman with an ugly masculinized face beating up men 3x larger than her is realistic XDDD

Poseidon00

Arcane
https://gamerant.com/mortal-kombat-netherrealm-marvel-fighting-game/

There is a big buzz in the web about this rumor but is it even possible for WB-controlled studio to release anything Marvel related?

If they release some marvel shit rather than Injustice 3 I will be disappoint.

I paid a one-time price for Injustice 2 and unlocked everything I wanted without paying money and in short order. Can't say the same for most fighting games nowadays.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I wouldn't call myself a fan of either Marvel or DC, especially since the whole movie universe thing, but I've always been more fond of Marvel's characters. DC's characters are a bit too boy scout-y for my liking. I got the complete edition of Injustice 2 for like 6 jewro and have played very little of it, mostly due to the lack of interesting characters. The most fun to play that I found were Black Canary and the Flash, but not interesting enough to be worth playing the game. Maybe Enchantress too. If we only get the movie universe Marvel characters, I'd be salty too, though. However, at least the Scarlet Witch is there and I like her. I want to see professor X in his wheel chair as a playable character. I wouldn't say no to Jean Grey too.

Last edited:

Poseidon00

Arcane
mostly due to the lack of interesting characters. The most fun to play that I found were Black Canary and the Flash, but not interesting enough to be worth playing the game. Maybe Enchantress too

Eh, it's mostly a taste thing I suppose. DC characters fit very well for the traditional 2D fighting style, and in Injustice every character has a clearly defined role and a lot of options, but none are too similar. That works for me and I like it. My mains are Swamp Thing, Raiden, and Hellboy. Each plays mad differently.

Marvel's characters are way different in terms of size and powers so they fit really well in a sort of Marvel vs Capcom 2 type of craziness where anything goes. Totally different style but it works well too when done right.

DC characters are generally more powerful than the Marvel character, they'd make even more sense in something like Capcom's Marvel style games. Capcom's Marvel games were also less crazy when they started with X-Men: Children of the Atom.

Reinhardt

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom