Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It's like GTA, that's bad.
It's not like GTA, that's bad.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So the retail version without day one patch is literally unfinished

I don' care because I had the plan of playing it on PC, but bruh. EiGhT YeArS

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy fugg, free roam looks janky as hell. Civilian animations and their reactions... damn. Even Deus Ex looks more believable.

Edit:

Haha, what the fuck.

In this video: https://streamable.com/mpbiy7

At 1:04 when he drives a car. He sends all other cars flying like they have minimal physics.

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
Just saw some leaks supposedly from Xbox One S with the most recent patch already installed, and damn...

This shit is atrocious, I'm nervously laughing at how bad it looks/feels.

Hard to say. Those videos were streamed at 720p so of course they're going to look like shit.

Plus I expect the Xbox One and PS4 versions to be significant downgrades compared to PC and Series X/PS5.

The melee in the 4th clip looks atrocious, and I don't think that's down to resolution.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just saw some leaks supposedly from Xbox One S with the most recent patch already installed, and damn...

Perfectly adequate, unless you are a graphics whore. Which appearantly some people in the Codex are. Also, Xbox One S? :D LOL, that is the weakest console on the market right now, what does some Xbox One S footage prove? Next time you will show us some PS2 footage and complain how bad it looks?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's not the graphics man. Looks fine on PS5, but I doubt the gameplay and mechanics is any different, unless vehicle physics and stuff like that is improved.

hpstg

Savant

I think the resolution won't improve much, but I don't think it will be as bad as this with the launch day patch. That's how it's been traditionally in AAA releases at least.
I would still never play this on a vanilla PS4 or Xbox, it's like asking for punishment. Although the original PS4 might be able to run it at 900p.

hpstg

Savant
Day one patch is more than 50 GB. I mean, I can hope...
How do you know this? These sizes usually indicate changes in baked in lighting and LODs, which would make sense to what we've seen up to now on the leaks (the disappearing cars etc). It also does make sense to tweak these at the final stretches.

Silly Germans

Graphics aside, those vehicle physics needs work
Every vehicle seems like a helium balloon.
It is the future. Everything is built from super light alloys with a density of 1.300 kg/m³. What did you expect ?
Didn't you hear about the great speed bump tragedy in 2066. Some of those poor souls are still on their way straight into the sun. That's what happens when you don't pay attention in driving school.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
all the leads are poles promoted form previous projects stop coping

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom