Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
And I want a Druid who has viable shapeshifting, but we live to suffer.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They are just not min-maxed, not dumping irrelevant stats for what they are worth. The key stats are usually optimal(16+) for their starting class, which by itself might be the least optimal part.

There are no irrelevant stats lol.

Still playing the imaginary game in your heads instead of the great one that exists.

Desiderius

Patron
And I want a Druid who has viable shapeshifting, but we live to suffer.
the funny thing is mirror image is just so good you might as well be feyspeaker (the more 'castery druid') for that

You are kind of priced into Wild Shaping with Feyspeaker to make up for the lousy BAB if you’re interested in attacking, and if you’re not Image doesn’t do much. Lann solves the ranged Druid problem from P:K if you’re willing to give up a level or three for the jam-packed early ZA levels. You make it up reasonably quickly with the fast spell progression and Drovier gives you some nice auras (like + 4 CMB or + 30 speed in a nice big radius).

Trash Player

Scholar
They are just not min-maxed, not dumping irrelevant stats for what they are worth. The key stats are usually optimal(16+) for their starting class, which by itself might be the least optimal part.

Still playing the imaginary game in your heads instead of the great one that exists.
I am not the one you thought you are replying to and please read the second sentence at least.

Desiderius

Patron

I am not the one you thought you are replying to and please read the second sentence at least.

No, you are. Don’t take it personally. It took me 1,000 hrs to fully appreciate that 19 CON, not to mention Amiri’s 12 WIS.

Desiderius

Patron
Pretty surprised Regill wasn't in the most popular list. He's definitely my most favourite.

Not surprising though most of romance options are post popular.

Hellknight (and to a lesser extent Armiger) are very disappointing. He’d be much better off as straight Fighter. Cornugan Smash not working with DEX-based is total self-own for his build.

Desiderius

Patron
Companions with funky stats let you play like Gygax intended. Companions with stupid Feats are just annoying. Val’s Toughness and Dodge (likely intended as prereqs for the underwhelming Steadfast Defender) aren’t as bad as Gheybore’s Finesse nonsense but they are pretty borderline.

Toughness gets better in Wrath because it opens up a solid Mythic and Dodge is a prereq for a couple decent things but in general they’re both not very good in P:K.

Sjukob

Arcane
Some angel and lich stuff:
1607042255862.png

1607042543141.png

1607191779305.png

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Pretty surprised Regill wasn't in the most popular list. He's definitely my most favourite.

Hellknight (and to a lesser extent Armiger) are very disappointing. He’d be much better off as straight Fighter. Cornugan Smash not working with DEX-based is total self-own for his build.
Care to go into more details into this since am intrested in both classes? also is hellknight signifier equally disspointing or can I do well with armored Sorcerer lich

Desiderius

Patron

Care to go into more details into this since am intrested in both classes? also is hellknight signifier equally disspointing or can I do well with armored Sorcerer lich

Armiger gives up two Bonus Combat feats for very little benefit (one skill pt per level which you don’t get with Hellknight lvls and a modified Bravery which you also don’t get) then Hellknight levels get neither the Fighter Bonus Feats nor Weapon Training/Advanced Weapon Training Feats.

Instead you get Hellknight abilities which are either very narrow/very few activations per rest or require Power Attack as a prereq to use effectively and Power Attack does nothing for DEX-based.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Hellknights have a lot of nifty non-combat stuff in PnP that is flat out not that useful in video games adaptation (or at least as much as Owlcat adapting the system which is very combat heavy).

The biggest feature combat wise is that HK converts Shaken from Intimidate to Frightened, which means he is your resident Dazzling Displayer. The problem is like pointed out by Desi is that Reggil is Dex built which means Power Attack to Cornugan Smash is sub-optimal on him. Not as bad as Greybor Finesse feats but still sub-optimal.

There are still some other nifty stuff being HK, mostly better defense vs mental affecting condition and a laughable feature to summon a wolf... at Character Level 10+. Once per day. Which will become Hellhounds on later level but yeah, nothing impressive.

Not sure what else is there, if you are going for HK it is better just to be a normal fighter or other archetype instead of Armiger as Desi pointed out.

Now everything being OP with Mythic Abilities/Feats means that this probably won't hurt him all that much.

The lack of bonus damage from Power attack due to his Dex build can be offset by Mythic Weapon Finnese no? I mean yeah, not really optimal but certainly not unsalvageable considering Mythic Level exist in this game.

EDIT: But getting Piranha Strike and mythic Piranha Strike would probably be better by killing the enemy much faster

Salvo

Arcane
Some angel and lich stuff:
1607191779305.png
Why does Owlcat call the same person "she" and "he" multiple times? Are they confused about pronouns in English?

If I recall correctly this was answered a while ago. Basically by going Mythic you trascend humanity itself and become a larger-than-life deified figure, so can be seen as more of a concept than a proper person with a sex, etc...

Idk, I don't like it either

TwoEdge

Scholar

Armiger gives up two Bonus Combat feats for very little benefit (one skill pt per level which you don’t get with Hellknight lvls and a modified Bravery which you also don’t get) then Hellknight levels get neither the Fighter Bonus Feats nor Weapon Training/Advanced Weapon Training Feats.

Instead you get Hellknight abilities which are either very narrow/very few activations per rest or require Power Attack as a prereq to use effectively and Power Attack does nothing for DEX-based.
Hm... I had lots of fun with an elven curved blade, dex to dmg and power attack in Kingmaker. Do you think a similarly built Hellknight could work?

Desiderius

Patron

Hellknights have a lot of nifty non-combat stuff in PnP that is flat out not that useful in video games adaptation (or at least as much as Owlcat adapting the system which is very combat heavy).

The biggest feature combat wise is that HK converts Shaken from Intimidate to Frightened, which means he is your resident Dazzling Displayer. The problem is like pointed out by Desi is that Reggil is Dex built which means Power Attack to Cornugan Smash is sub-optimal on him. Not as bad as Greybor Finesse feats but still sub-optimal.

There are still some other nifty stuff being HK, mostly better defense vs mental affecting condition and a laughable feature to summon a wolf... at Character Level 10+. Once per day. Which will become Hellhounds on later level but yeah, nothing impressive.

Not sure what else is there, if you are going for HK it is better just to be a normal fighter or other archetype instead of Armiger as Desi pointed out.

Now everything being OP with Mythic Abilities/Feats means that this probably won't hurt him all that much.

The lack of bonus damage from Power attack due to his Dex build can be offset by Mythic Weapon Finnese no? I mean yeah, not really optimal but certainly not unsalvageable considering Mythic Level exist in this game.

EDIT: But getting Piranha Strike and mythic Piranha Strike would probably be better by killing the enemy much faster

The point is that Power Attack does nothing. They should roll all three (with Deadly Aim) into one Feat independent of stat.

Desiderius

Patron

Hm... I had lots of fun with an elven curved blade, dex to dmg and power attack in Kingmaker. Do you think a similarly built Hellknight could work?

You can’t get DEX to Dam with ECB in P:K, that was the problem (edit: now can). Half of what makes PA good is 1.5 the STR bonus, but you don’t have a STR bonus if you’re DEX-based.

Maybe that’s what they were going for on Gheybore.

I may be off on some of this - I only started using these Feats after months of thinking they sucked and just assumed you use Piranha with DEX and PA with STR.

Last edited:

BarbequeMasta

Learned
I see, thx for the explanation, what about Signifiers are they just hell knights but for casters? are they worth it or do they impact caster progression in any negative way?

Desiderius

Patron
The issue with PA and DEX-based ECB is that you don't get the 1.5x damage bonus

Can you get DEX to dam on ECB at all? I know they don’t show up in the Finesse Training list for Rogues.

And you don’t really want to be wasting your action economy Dazzling on Regill when you can get the same effect thru your natural hitting and killing via Smash and Carnage.

TwoEdge

Scholar
I'm pretty sure you do. I'll check tomorrow anyway when I'm back home to be sure and post my findings.

Last edited:

TwoEdge

Scholar

Can you get DEX to dam on ECB at all? I know they don’t show up in the Finesse Training list for Rogues.

And you don’t really want to be wasting your action economy Dazzling on Regill when you can get the same effect thru your natural hitting and killing via Smash and Carnage.
Three level rogue tax (or slayer, I think), but yes. Not the most optimized weapon, but very effective and the theme is cool, IMO. Good point on the DD, though. Not really sure how to build Regill at this point.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Why does Pathfinder seem to attract the worst of munchkins?

(I suppose its because DnD doesn't even allow for minmaxing anymore after 4e.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom