Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Male V voice acting doesn't quite sit right with me. Sounds like it belongs in Call of Duty modern warfare or whatever.

Looks better than expected though, at least. Annoying haze in the air though... Hope that won't be the case with RTX on...

Edit: Hate colored shadows. Black color should be black, damnit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
OH GOD THE SHOOTING IS HORRIBLE

The bullet sponginess jesus fucking christ. Multiple shotgun loads at close range, before that lots of pistol rounds... Same guy still not dead.

This is apparently what "RPG combat" means in 2020.

Fucking hell CDPR, I know you guys can't do itemization and stuff to save your lives but come on...

Edit: I get these guys are heavily chromed, but still... Come on.

I hope better weapon choices and talents solve that shit at least to some degree...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Time to repost this oldie

RPELQBq.jpg

/v/ fokken hates soyberpoz, m8

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Dudes don't even seem to react to getting hit. No stagger or anything. He's blasting them with the shotgun point blank and they keep nailing him.

On another note, the colored shadows, the bullet sponges and crappy combat etc... The part he's playing right now... This is just polish The Outer Worlds with more budget and a different art style, isn't it?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
LOL streamer hacks (?) some camera from a doorway and just watches a bunch of enemies shoot at his body... This guy is worse than the non-existent A.I. hahaha.

I hope the shit combat is only this shit because the guy is a retard and didn't bring the right levelled guns or something... Hope springs eternal.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
remember folks there is a 30 day refund policy on GoG...

But yeah, i hope the story is good because that does not look stellar at all thus far.

Salvo

Arcane
"I'm gonna eat your spleen" <- Yeah, okay, cyberbitch. Combat taunts are just...

It's not just that, bullets have NO effect whatsoever. Like, this guy sinks a whole mag into a dude and he doesn't even FLINCH. No amount of Day 1 patches can fix this.

Boy what a trainwreck

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This should've been a TB party-based isometric RPG. Seeing how terrible it looks, it seems like those delays were urgently needed and not enough.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
The chat in that stream lmao

This is how nature intended stream culture.
Are those bots maybe? They're all named in similar fashion. Or some 4chan brigade? :D

Edit: Okay, normal users are also named that way. Hmm.
Not familiar with that streaming site, maybe that's normal.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
This should've been a TB party-based isometric RPG.
Just a straight up nudeusx clone (in terms of mechanics) would have been preferrable to this disaster by far.
It's basically already that, but with ludicrous level scaling bullet sponge bullshit.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
The visual noise is extreme. I wonder if its less distracting if you play it but oh boy. Also the guy played on Hard most of the time, maybe the bullet sponginess gets better he lowered it to normal.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Took a glimpse and it’s very reminiscent of that godawful Syndicate FPS from... 2014 (I think it was).

Yeah, all shooters look and play the same to me, and this doesn’t look like an exception.

Still, Codex goty because there might be a couple of well designed and written quests.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This should've been a TB party-based isometric RPG.
Just a straight up nudeusx clone (in terms of mechanics) would have been preferrable to this disaster by far.
It's basically already that, but with ludicrous level scaling bullet sponge bullshit.
I'm still not sure whether this can be played as a nu-Deus Ex clone, i.e. full stealth. The visuals are ...quite extra, though, distractingly so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom