Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Took a glimpse and it’s very reminiscent of that godawful Syndicate FPS from... 2014 (I think it was).

Yeah, all shooters look and play the same to me, and this doesn’t look like an exception.

Still, Codex goty because there might be a couple of well designed and written quests.

This looks like it plays worse than Syndicate FPS because of the dumb level scaling/bullet sponge shit though, seriously.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not joking about the TB party-based isometric RPG thing. I know hindsight is 20/20, but it seems obvious now that a shooter can't contain the complexity a cyberpunk setting demands.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
X9ATL2w.jpg

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
LOL the militech corp dude mission giver he was talking to for debrief just walked right through the player after the conversation. Hope someone clipped that, it looks hilarious... Especially after all the other bugs.

Just the perfect way to end this whole mission.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What version is this guy streaming anyway? Are we sure it's the one which is going to be released in literally 3 days?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
What version is this guy streaming anyway? Are we sure it's the one which is going to be released in literally 3 days?

Presumably he is streaming without day 1 patch, but holy shit, i don't know how much of this shitshow you can even fix with day 1 patch.

:what:

Machocruz

Arcane
I'm not joking about the TB party-based isometric RPG thing. I know hindsight is 20/20, but it seems obvious now that a shooter can't contain the complexity a cyberpunk setting demands.
Not in CDPR's hands at least. They make brainlet games. I don't know why anyone had much faith in them, and their vaunted storytelling ability is a meme. They might as well have not even used the CP license. I'm playing o.g. DX with the GMDX mod, and it smokes this game, and even that's not really that complex. Fucking Shadowrun on the Genesis had more robust chardev than anything CDPR have done.

Drowed

Arcane
The patch of day 1 will certainly continue to be made until the day before, so it is certainly not the same exact version. On the other hand, unless the CDPR does magic, the number of problems that appear in the videos so far are not the kind of thing you fix in a few days. Maybe not even in few months. They will need several patches and "free DLCs" (AKA, patches with another name to look more impactful) to raise this game to an acceptable level, it seems.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
City looks ok, but very, very empty (this is PS5 iirc).

Player stole a motorcycle, nearby dude goes "You are dishonorable" in a weirdly uninterested tone of voice and starts shooting at player.
After a while player stops and some chick nearby goes "get an honest job" with an accent, but similarly unenthusiastic as the first dude. Not sure why she commented at all.

The voice acting man... The writing... Just not up to par. Mission giver lady just now sounds ok if stilted, but again... Writing is just a bit... I dunno.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Blasting a seemingly unarmored dude at 3-4 meters with some kind of light(?) machine gun... Like 30 rounds worth of Chip damage and no reaction...

Edit: His crappy SMG does more damage at least, still needs most of a mag to down a guy though.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Not in CDPR's hands at least. They make brainlet games. I don't know why anyone had much faith in them, and their vaunted storytelling ability is a meme. They might as well have not even used the CP license. I'm playing o.g. DX with the GMDX mod, and it smokes this game, and even that's not really that complex. Fucking Shadowrun on the Genesis had more robust chardev than anything CDPR have done.
The Witchers are extremely, extremely overrated, yes, and I knew Cyberpunk will turn out ...questionable when I found out it's going to be a shooter. They kind of couldn't go above nu-Deus Ex in terms of gameplay with the format they chose even if they tried really hard. The open world thing might've been too much for them in this particular case, especially since a city is not the endless forests and plains of the Witchers. And like I said, I'm still not sure whether you can do a full stealth playthrough. If you can't, it's not even close to nu-Deus Ex at all. Like you mentioned, I too don't see the point in using the Cyberpunk license.

Semiurge

Cipher
Those animations looks like placeholders, terrible.

Somehow it made me think of Bloodlines 2.

Is there even any evidence this is footage from the release version? Might as well be some retard trolling with some alpha videos.

It's not from release version, they wouldn't release it like that under any circumstances.

Post it like this, will attract more attention.

giphy.gif

Witcher3 did well for being able to ignore it,the only shitty part was when you played as ciri and wanted to suck off the village idiot.

The obligatory :updatedmytxt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom