Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suzerain - political simulator & RPG hybrid by Torpor Games - now with Kingdom of Rizia DLC

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
if you are re-elected to a second term you can keep playing on right? Or does the game end right there basically

Deadass

Savant
this time went full commie, failed the reforms and i got almost assassinated then i escaped with the family to kostantium cuz the military wanted to coup me lel

Vatnik Wumao
Have you managed to get reelected for a second term after having passed constitutional reforms that increase your presidential powers, Hellion? Failed it twice at this point even though I managed to pull Sordland out of recession. In both cases, the reformist opposition party's candidate got elected - the original one in one case, the one that ends up replacing him if you have him assassinated in the other.

Deadass

Savant
btw
is the secretary really a rumburgian spy or is lucian telling shit?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:retarded:

You build up you army,you modernize,you have all green in the military tab....then war happens and you just die without knowing what happened lol.

The idea and the setting of the game are pretty good,the writing and the people are also good. But the games fall apart once get that is more about making a binary choices and just moving forward. You really don't have any game mechanics that let you act or react. There are interesting mechanics,but they pop up only once and them never again. A lot of story threads just get ignored or forgotten. I got threaten by some capitalist pig about how he will destroy me if i don't do X,then nothing happened for years lol. The save system is also retarded,if you want to do something else,you have replay the whole game,and it is fucking slow. A chapter based save system would have been a lot better than after every fucking event,overriding. It is very disrespecting the player's time,it should have been an iron mode option. Also it seems that it is pretty biased,you are kind forced in to one line.

Ahh it is ok for wasting a few hours,but won't give any money for it lol. Its only real mechanics is pressing space.

Vatnik Wumao
btw
is the secretary really a rumburgian spy or is lucian telling shit?
She is.
can anton at least fuck her or he gets cucked always by petr?
No clue, but I'd imagine that it's possible depending on your interactions with her throughout the game. A spy wouldn't settle for the VP if she could get the president instead.
Has any of you become a king ?
Nope.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished my first game. Took about 12 hours. Pretty fun all in all, but the game seemed to just drop a couple things later on.
I promised one of the judges that I'd make him Head Justice in exchange for his support. This was never mentioned again, the supreme court's composition never changed and they never gave me any trouble again even though I did not completely defang them.
When the two oligarchs started fighting for control of Bilderberg, one of them gave me evidence that the media mogul had ties to the mafia. I agreed to investigate and bring him down, and nothing came of it. Neither the investigation nor any of the oligarchs where ever mentioned in the game again.
The UN session was fun, full of cold war memes. Both shoe-banging and "we will bury you". But again, nothing came of it. No resolution, no announcement, no condemnation, and the Cuban missile crisis was never mentioned again.

Foreign policy was kinda shizophrenic.
I went full pro-democracy, pro-free market, and the west slammed the door in my face just because I also restricted immigration. The dictator next door and the commie across the channel proved far, far more reasonable. The dictator gave me ridiculously favorable terms, as long as I kept my borders closed to refugees which I was inclined to do anyway. And the commie surprisingly was a good bro, helped me drive off the invaders even though I was an unrepentant capitalist pigdog. And all he asked in return was friendly relations and a recognition of his claim to that island, not even boots on the ground conquering it.

Though now that I think about it, it was a pretty good representation of the globohomo agenda vs realpolitik.

And the northern queen was fucking stupid
Hey, I'm calling to notify you I'm gonna invade in three weeks. It wouldn't be honourable combat if I didn't give you time to prepare and call your allies in. Surprise? What's that?
Hey, I see you've chosen the exact spot where we signed the cease fire the last time we tried to conquer you. Are you maybe deliberately trying to humiliate me, by any chance?[/quote]

cruelio

Savant
Got assassinated at the end of a six hour game. It didn't matter if you got coup'd in Hidden Agenda cause you could run a game of that in like 30 minutes. Pretty disappointing to invest that much time and then get a black screen and not even the courtesy of finding out what happened after.

Vatnik Wumao
On my xth playthrough, I finally managed to get reelected. A Morgna her coren, fellow Sords!
PELwCMr.jpg

iNDHQiH.jpg

d9EOQ7o.jpg

i7hBKuN.jpg

wkYcM3J.jpg

5wATlen.jpg
3FsLllr.jpg
G1QB1qm.jpg
Nfaf5gM.jpg

qhoxGfu.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is a shame how half assed the game becomes after a few hour in it.

I am curious,how do you win the war? Do you need to have allies or something?

Hellion

Arcane
I managed to win it by allying with both Lespia and Agnolia, while at the same time staying out of both NATO and the Warsaw Pact (or whatever they were called).

It is interesting though that fewer people seem to have earned the "Won the war against Rumburg" achievement on Steam compared to the achievement for winning a second term. Perhaps it's possible to be re-elected while at the same time selling out the provinces Rumburg desires and avoiding war.

Vatnik Wumao
I neither sold my provinces nor went to war in multiple playthroughs, so there's that. That said, I've always joined the Warsaw Pact which I guess served as a deterrence factor for Rumburg.

Vatnik Wumao
Anyhow, I still have a few playthroughs ahead of me since I still haven't achieved my desired ending. Will keep y'all posted.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It is a shame how half assed the game becomes after a few hour in it.

I am curious,how do you win the war? Do you need to have allies or something?
I won by allying with the commies across the channel without joining the Warsaw Pact, and following the General's plan to encircle the attackers. I had conscription, but otherwise my army was not strengthened in any way.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I invested heavily in to the army,gave them all the good shit,modernized and conscripted,also allied me self with the warlord (or so i thought), Then i when to war and chose the encircling thing and then i died like a chad with a bottle and a gun in had and general chad next to me. Most likely the game just bugged out or muh arbitrary shit like joining an alliance with one of the two ideologies.

The worst part of the game is being unable to act,you always react to some shit. A minister brings a problem to you and you could do one of the two retarded shits. Also re-election easy lol,i just made the country in to the strongest economical power with inflation of 2% and almost no unemployment. And i did with planed economy while helping the population. It was going great for my nation,but then i just lost because no reason really. I would have been fine if i fucked up and lost,but not when you just die lol.

Also i didn't like the wife garbage,you can't have so much open choices that shape the nature of your guy,while having a pre written wife. People don't just get together randomly and decide to make a family. The guy would have known that she was harlot sjw retard long before getting together lol. Same with her,she wouldn't have married some die hard conservative. That said i did enjoy the son arc,while just mashing space and saying no to the dumb bitch.
Same with the people in your cabinet,why would you hire some brain dead sjw cunt as prime justice or another one as your education minister????

The budget shit was also retarded,you only do it during the first year and never again.

Did you people went for the emergency bill that give you full power? It was really badly done,it asked me two or three time is i wanted to end it,but it never gave me real information if the problems that we had are actually under control.

Ohhh well,in the end even if i went out as a chad while the country was burning because why not,fuck you devs......i was happy,me and the warlord bro managed to exterminate the gypsos in the are! :smug:

vota DC

Augur
Maybe there are some actions that save the family, other that save the economy other that save the elections and other that save the war and they are all independent from each other?
That would explain why if you save the economy with only 4 years you don't get elected again.

cruelio

Savant
And now I've finally achieved victory. :obviously:
5HxEudX.jpg

Lte7sHo.jpg

dJqJOFG.jpg
7NAROpO.jpg
emYaew5.jpg
I assumed I got assassinated for starting my own party, but you can do that and not only live, but win? I wish the game wasn’t so opaque about what got me killed so I could feel more confident about sinking another six+ hours into it.

Vatnik Wumao
And now I've finally achieved victory. :obviously:
5HxEudX.jpg

Lte7sHo.jpg

dJqJOFG.jpg
7NAROpO.jpg
emYaew5.jpg
I assumed I got assassinated for starting my own party, but you can do that and not only live, but win? I wish the game wasn’t so opaque about what got me killed so I could feel more confident about sinking another six+ hours into it.
There are plenty of variables at play. I myself thought that I wouldn't get reelected in that particular playthrough.

I think that the opaqueness works to the game's benefit though, since otherwise its replay value would be greatly diminished. After my first playthrough, I already started to skip through most of the fluff, so to add to that a predictability of outcome would make the game pointless to replay since the story itself is quite mundane no matter which path you pick.

Last edited:

RegionalHobo

Scholar
this game is damm good

it really is a successor to hidden agenda, but with much better/fleshed out characters and setting.

did the classic reformist playtrough i imagine most did. now i'll do a commie one

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I was killing communists and marxists left and right and banning Marxist youth groups from university. Believe me beheading communists is easier than talking to them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom