Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dexter

Arcane
where people were posting game videos, commenting on gameplay mechanics and hour-long Live Streams showing Gameplay while laughing their ass off at the absolute state of it
Are you talking about this thread? I assume not, because this thread barely had any comments on gameplay mechanics, it was all abou shit posting. And people drawing critique based on 'cleverly' cut tugether gag reels, which used bugs. But if someone looks at the streams, you can see that those bugs are not appearing that often than the gag reels suggest.
We know you're among the butthurt about people "drawing implications" from actual game footage and at this point dozen hours of actual gameplay (and cutting together compilations to emphasize said weaknesses and make fun of them). You don't have to repeat it every second page. It's obviously better to rely on Pre-render Promotional materials and fellating "Games Journalists" and "Influencers" (that will appear in the game) to draw critique from, or waiting for the Magical "Day 1 Patch" that will obviously fix everything wrong and in the History of Video Games has never managed to materialize for any game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
where people were posting game videos, commenting on gameplay mechanics and hour-long Live Streams showing Gameplay while laughing their ass off at the absolute state of it
Are you talking about this thread? I assume not, because this thread barely had any comments on gameplay mechanics, it was all abou shit posting. And people drawing critique based on 'cleverly' cut tugether gag reels, which used bugs. But if someone looks at the streams, you can see that those bugs are not appearing that often than the gag reels suggest.

I have watched the 3 hour stream for quite a while and the visual issues have been quite frequent. While bugginess is bad it does not normally break the game (unless you play VtM:B on release...) I think criticizing the game for the bugs is fair.
Sure, critiquing bugs is fair. But writing the game down (which people here did) based on a few bug gagreels is retarded, when we couldn't even get our hands on the PC version of the game, just some upatched PS4 version. I just watched a review where it was stated that if you have a high level PC, the game looks almost as good on Ultra settings as in the promotional materials. So let's just don't base our opinion on a fucking PS4 version.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
We know you're among the butthurt about people "drawing implications" from actual game footage and multiple at this point dozen hours of actual gameplay (and cutting together compilations to emphasize said weaknesses and make fun of them). You don't have to repeat it every second page. It's obviously better to rely on Pre-render Promotional Trailers and fellating "Games Journalists" to draw or wait for the Magical "Day 1 Patch" that will obviously fix everything wrong and in the History of Video Games has never managed to materialize for any game.
Almost every codex classic launched in shitty state ssethe more :lol:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Btw. There are some people here that defend Gothic 3 a game that was blatantly unfinished with god awful storyline and systems and enough bugs for 3 cdpr games. The meltdown in this thread I read for past 30 pages is mind boggling.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

I have watched the 3 hour stream for quite a while and the visual issues have been quite frequent. While bugginess is bad it does not normally break the game (unless you play VtM:B on release...) I think criticizing the game for the bugs is fair.
Sure, critiquing bugs is fair. But writing the game down (which people here did) based on a few bug gagreels is retarded, when we couldn't even get our hands on the PC version of the game, just some upatched PS4 version.

Still overall I do not think that has been done that much here, yes the Edgelords are around and hivemind aped out just now but yeah, i guess thats the anticipation the game generates.

Humans are monkeys.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We know you're among the butthurt about people "drawing implications" from actual game footage and at this point dozen hours of actual gameplay (and cutting together compilations to emphasize said weaknesses and make fun of them). You don't have to repeat it every second page.
Hey, if you can repeat the same shitposting, I can repeat the same defense.

t's obviously better to rely on Pre-render Promotional Trailers and fellating "Games Journalists" to draw or wait for the Magical "Day 1 Patch"
No, relying on Promotional trailer or unfinished last gen footage is equally bad.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We know you're among the butthurt about people "drawing implications" from actual game footage and multiple at this point dozen hours of actual gameplay (and cutting together compilations to emphasize said weaknesses and make fun of them). You don't have to repeat it every second page. It's obviously better to rely on Pre-render Promotional Trailers and fellating "Games Journalists" to draw or wait for the Magical "Day 1 Patch" that will obviously fix everything wrong and in the History of Video Games has never managed to materialize for any game.
As I said some pages ago, those butthurt ballerinas suffer from complete lack of awareness.

Dexter

Arcane
I'm so really sorry your carefully choreographed year-long Hype Circlejerk has been broken by the reality of actual gameplay footage (which is so inconsequential, that CDPR have to DMCA it from all over the Internet) and you're eternally butthurt about it. It's just another form of entertainment though, really so go on. :lol:

Last edited:

NullFlow

Savant
As an aside on the AAA world and review scores, it shows just how well Rockstar and Naughty Dog are at playing that dance. GTAV and RDR2 pull out 97 averages, Naughty Dog gets 92+ on Uncharteds and TLOU. If CDPR's goal is to match that sphere in reviews and sales and be the new BioWare or Bethesda, they've still got a ways to go in consistency.

The Jester

Cipher
As I said some pages ago, those butthurt ballerinas suffer from complete lack of awareness.
Yes yes..give me more...more of that burning butthurt, here...inject it directly into my vein, YES YES THAT'S THE STUFF.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I don't know what anybody really expected beyond Cyberpunk 2077 being a competent yet buggy and overly ambitious action adventure. People will argue whether it's a RPG for years to come, it'll make a gazillion dollars even if its shit, and if it's good (eventually), then it will cement CDPR as one of the top gamedev studios in the world.

And people will keep bitching.

As an aside on the AAA world and review scores, it shows just how well Rockstar and Naughty Dog are at playing that dance. GTAV and RDR2 pull out 97 averages, Naughty Dog gets 92+ on Uncharteds and TLOU. If CDPR's goal is to match that sphere in reviews and sales and be the new BioWare or Bethesda, they've still got a ways to go in consistency.
Devs often care more about reviews than commercial success because if the game reviews well it's more likely people will invest in the company and buy stocks. There's a reason that despite the increasing irrelevance of tabloid and magazine style media websites devs still bend over backwards to stick their tounge up Journo's arse.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Rockstar and Naughty Dog came up with pretty much bug free games.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

First thirty seconds,

"we weren't allowed to use our own recorded footage."

No idea what anyone is on about. Nothing to look at here. Pay no attention to the slav behind the curtain!

Hey faggot what about that dvd project blue insider info that you were supposed to share? WHAT IS HAPPENING THERE MISTER GAYME DEVELOPER?

MasPingon

Arcane

They don't need gaming press anymore. They choose influencers to hype their product. I don't blame them, just look at Gamespot review. They gave the review to offended looking activist, so it's full of typical SJW retardation - she didn't get the message, the game doesn't push leftist narrative so she gave it 7("Hey, it's 2020 and this is so 19xx" ).

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Coming down to the wire, Zer0wing, think we can pull another thirty pages by Thursday?
Good questions. The answer is yes, seeing how exploded this thread recently.
Okay, so watching some of these video bites, I'm not really bothered by bugs and substandard hotdog eating animations, but the combat does look terrible so far. Worse than in Fallout 4, with the added grievance that CDPR does not have Bethesda's expansive modding community to fall back on - if mods fix it, it will likely be a long while before they do.
So much for passion hired CS:GO cyber-apollons and their valuable consulting. The gunplay problem is a complex one. They nailed weapon animations, sounds, glued recoil to guns. The stat-based weapon sway is nonexistent and no difficulty-based d10roll-based hits like in pnp makes it half-way finished from the player character perspective. But that's only one part of the problem. The enemy AI is a bigger offense in this gunplay. The AI doesn't want to flank, use grenades and consumables or fight for its life. No locational damage used by both sides of the combat. Nothing. A mere damage exchange is super boring with or without flashy animations and sound. That's why realistic difficulty a la Deus Ex doesn't work with vanilla gamedesign.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly thought reviews will be much harsher based on some of the footage. Criticism looks to be focused on the bogginess which will eventually gets addressed, so I think I will be picking it up some when this month, hopefully the majority of the issues get resolved.

Mazisky

Magister

Naugthy dog got + 10 bonus point from journos for SJW stuff, Cyberpunnk -10. Unfair comparison. It's fair about Rockstar tho.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

They don't need gaming press anymore. They choose influencers to hype their product. I don't blame them, just look at Gamespot review. They gave the review to offended looking activist, she was mumbling typical SJW retardation - like she didn't get the message, cause the game doesn't push leftist narrative.

Nobody who matters care about the "gaming press." We sunk even lower into caring about streamers and "influencers."

Streaming a game can make Among Us an overnight success. No dead rag on the internet has that kind of power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom