Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Never forget that they've fired a guy for tweeting "did you just assume their gender?"
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...projekt-employee-and-the-spectre-of-gamergate

They've also supported LGBTFAGS (and for that alone they're finished in my book) but not in muslim countries (which makes it doubly pathetic):
comment_1592229721mRcV0PtU9rpFGIRNDf53sk.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
They've also supported LGBTFAGS (and for that alone they're finished in my book) but not in muslim countries (which makes it doubly pathetic):
I'd rather have them be opportunistic businessmen fitting in with current trends to make a buck than being all in on some disgusting ideology. Whole thing's a front for them, appearances. And that makes it less pathetic, not more.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I'd rather have them be opportunistic businessmen fitting in with current trends to make a buck than being all in on some disgusting ideology. Whole thing's a front for them, appearances. And that makes it less pathetic, not more.
I totally disagree but especially with the statement that they're doing it to make more money. How does a company make money by catering to faggots? They don't, faggots interested in games would buy a game either way (unless CDP would tell the truth about faggots and be vocal about it both in game and in real world), they could have totally ignored such sick people and just focus on good gameplay. They should know by now that no matter what they do, no mater what concession they make it will still be not enough for (((them))) and they will ask for more and more.

damagedbrains

Novice
I'm guessing you own a business of some sort.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
It appears the game will be EXACTLY like Witcher 3. Generally poor main story with wacky side quests being it's high point. Negligible RPG elements with simple "Need X STR to break open this door" and generic perks giving percentage bonuses to dmg/bleed chance/reload speed. Melee combat seems to resemble Gothic 3 with attacks stunlocking enemies (something firearms do not do) and gunfigts "feel like Mass Effect". Enemies appear to be exceptionally stupid as well. Also:

Cyberpunk 2077 is phenomenally buggy.
The sex scenes are all POV-style to fit with the game's first-person perspective, and they are awkward. One was so awful that I actually rolled back my save and told the guy I'd rather be friends instead.
There's a great deal of lore surrounding Night City but most of it is communicated unimaginatively through text files you pickup as loot. The history that precedes 2077 is fascinating, but you'll have to go out of your way, and have a high tolerance for reading long in-game text files, to learn about it.
It often feels like Reeves is sleepwalking through his lines, especially compared to the deeply felt character performances surrounding him. That almost works for the cynical, disaffected character he's playing, but not quite.

In short: not breathtaking.
0algt2biozu41.png

Dont believe his lies.

po prostu działa!

Dr Schultz

Augur
Surprise surprise. Judging by the reviews the game:

- allows you to build quite different versions of the main character via stats, skills, perks and augmentations (plus personalized equip if you invest in crafting).
- supports a range of playstyles that goes from pacifist ghost hacker to augmented cyber Rambo.
- Has a copious amount of narrative choices that make the story branch.
- is buggy like hell.

No. It cannot be. This description makes CP 2077 look suspiciously similar to a real RPG. If this was really the case, Codexians would have noticed before the release. Wouldn't they :)?

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
bad stuff from polish review that gave it 8/10
- it should be alpha/beta release. Quests are so broken that you are forced to have many saves and reload once you realize that specific mechanics stopped working. Besides t poses get ready for floating and/or cloning weapons on enemy death
- hacking minigame is boring, and gets tedious rly fast. Not a skill that would drive your gameplay 100%. Doesnt rly feel strong. You can tell that reviewer was quite upset about how this skill turned out vs what was promised

Cyberpunk Andromeda. :bounce:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Short version:

"Not as good as Witcher 3. 11/10 Game of the Century!"

These types of Infinitron news posts will make for delicious reading: As if dozens of spergy Codexers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

lightbane

Arcane
The simping begins! 3 days before release or so, it's a new record!

They do it to not be cancelled by mainstream media and lose lots of sales due to controversy.

Like the Kingdom Come game? Oh wait.

Complete nonsense.
In context he isn't wrong. Whoever wrote that has likely no idea what immersive sim means or has even played DX enough to come to the conclusion its no open world DX, but its rather just using that as a fancy buzzword thinking it makes him look knowledgeable.
Maybe, but his comment wasn't "in context" as much as referred to the immersive sim genre as a whole.
In fact I deliberately omitted the following part of the quote where he was referring to Cyberpunk 2077 in particular (and funnily enough, he actually sounded hopeful on that front, where I'm not expecting too much).

Anyway...

So far even the most enthusiastic reviews spend a great deal of time stressing that the game is filled to the brim with bugs of any sort.

I've never been too sensitive to bugs.
Some of my all time favorites have been (and remained) notoriously buggy games for years after release. Ultima VII, Bloodlines, Fallout 2, Darklands... You name it.
It comes as an almost implicit part of trying to be a big, complex and ambitious title.

But yeah, going with the reviews floating around this sounds like something more than few sparse glitches here and there. Some journos/youtubers are making it sound like the game is barely functional at its current state.
I'll play it at launch regardless (and probably a half dozens more times over the months/years) but I'm fully expecting this to become a "ready to go" package only in few months at the earliest.

Azdul

Magister
I somehow guessed the reviewer was an sjw feminazi cunt.

Look at her reviews. Such sjw decline.
Games from CDPR or WarHorse should be exclusively reviewed by feminazis, preferably with PMS. The usual autistic boys get too distracted by cool graphix or Keanu Reeves or boobs to notice how buggy and unfinished their games really are.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Edge aside, CDPR will fix the bugs, it's pretty much a given. They could also overhaul a lot of the 'beta' style minigames and things(remember W1 was substantially different in the EE than Vanilla in that regard). I think it will be a fine game in the end if you just take it as a game and not some Hardcore RPG for the ages. Too many here expect from this something that it clearly isn't and given the Bethesda\Bioware genre it's a part of, it never will be.

I like the RPGSite.net guy that actually laments that the game doesn't have much opinion about the world itself, no commentary and instead just presents it. For me, THAT is the true mark of this kind of game where there is a narrative and attempt at immersion. I don't want AGENDA in my games unless I'm particularly seeking some political simulator of a particular bent. Most games with a story now are poisoned with OTT pathos and crude ideological bludgeoning and pandering. If Cyberpunk mostly avoids this then it's already a win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom