Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Baba is You - A puzzle game about changing the rules.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone here play this? Decided to give it a try and it is pretty fucking good. If you like logic puzzles and thinking outside the box type puzzles check it out.. You basically manipulate what are essentially logic gates that change various items or functions of items in the level to complete it. Only played about an hour but so far it is fantastic in how ingenious some of the puzzles are, and I suspect there are multiple ways to approach or solve them too.

Solid Snail

Learned
Anyone here play this? Decided to give it a try and it is pretty fucking good. If you like logic puzzles and thinking outside the box type puzzles check it out.. You basically manipulate what are essentially logic gates that change various items or functions of items in the level to complete it. Only played about an hour but so far it is fantastic in how ingenious some of the puzzles are, and I suspect there are multiple ways to approach or solve them too.

Baba is YOU

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
jesus christ this is the first videogame ever that really make feel like a retard. i am usually confident with my intelligence and puzzles but some later extra level like "heavy cloud" makes me feel dumb. i think most level after the rocket worldreally makes me question myself.

:despair::badnews:

V_K

Arcane
jesus christ this is the first videogame ever that really make feel like a retard. i am usually confident with my intelligence and puzzles but some later extra level like "heavy cloud" makes me feel dumb. i think most level after the rocket worldreally makes me question myself.

Have you found the secret area btw? That's where real mindfuckery begins.
Glitch+Overworld+1.jpg

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Have had this on my wishlist for a long while not being sure if it'd be good or basic-tier indie retardation. You guys sold me on it, I'm buying it rite now!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Have you found the secret area btw? That's where real mindfuckery begins.
Glitch+Overworld+1.jpg

i dunno but i got baba on the main world map somehow. still dont know what to do with him, but i'll just progress naturally first

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks for the demo version, I was thinking about getting this, the demo already was super fun!

jesus christ this is the first videogame ever that really make feel like a retard. i am usually confident with my intelligence and puzzles

Hvae you played the Zachtronics game? I think I installed Spacechem about three times now and ragequit and uninstalled every single time. Last time I played very calmly through many levels and when I looked up a couple of later levels out of curiosity I was like 'nope, I will NEVER be able to do this' and uninstalled for good. You gotta know your limits.

overly excitable young man

Game is hard.
All those years of retarded rpg gameplay have burnt my brain.
Giant Panda at puzzlecodex is a far better person than i could ever be.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This game made me ask myself the question "are you actually retarded?" multiple times and, in the end, the answer was "yes". I had to drop it for a few days and, when I returned to it, I couldn't keep up with all the mechanics. It's an incredible game and I will give it another try in the future, but, man, it's fucking ruthless.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I can't bring myself to finish this game, and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Has a puzzle game done its job if you only get halfway through before you've had your fill of it, or does that make it bloated like an open world Ubisoft game?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I think it starts very nicely but goes for longer than its momentum can sustain. I dropped it about 3/4 in; it's not even that I got stuck, the challenge was nice but I stopped caring.

With that being said, I do recommend the game to anyone who likes logic puzzles. The pacing might not have been ideal for me, but the parts that were fun really nailed it.

HansDampf

Arcane
The game is long if you intend to 100% finish it. But there are no repetitions. Every puzzle has a new idea or twist. The bonus levels are genius.

V_K

Arcane
Depends on what you mean by "finishing". The main world map is more than doable, the only reason I haven't is because I don't like the final puzzle (see below). With secret areas, it becomes more questionable.
But it's also the nature of a puzzle game without a connecting narrative - like e.g. a book of crosswords. You don't do those at a single sitting, do you? The same principle applies here, I play 2-3-5 levels when the mood strikes me and put it back.
That said, puzzles in the game clearly fall down into two categories: those where the solution is hard to figure out but easy to execute and those with a lot of rules and moving pieces that require a very long and precise sequence of actions to solve. Personally, I could do without the latter, they always slow down the momentum for me.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Why is it when you beat the level that unlocks with 3 blossoms you get the end credits screen as if you beat it? I'm confused, I think I've only beaten 2 or 3 hubs on the main map. There looks like there are at least 6+ more.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Why is it when you beat the level that unlocks with 3 blossoms you get the end credits screen as if you beat it? I'm confused, I think I've only beaten 2 or 3 hubs on the main map. There looks like there are at least 6+ more.
The game is just a collection of puzzles, it doesn't takes its own ending screen too seriously.

Ash

Arcane
Puzzle games aren't for me. Not enough dopamine and depth. Love puzzles inclusion in other genres though, but it's not all I want to do. I feel it can only entertain for so long and that seems to be echoed by others in this thread.

That said I respect a game like this.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I'm almost there, motherfuckers:

4iC3aGL.png

I'm starting to hit a wall, though. Every level takes longer and longer. I probably spent more than a hour on the last one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom