Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Eot9XtyW4AE7ttJ
Have... To... Resist... Buying...
can i romance this guy?
owvS5ZA.png
CDP has some nerve thinking they can use my likeness in their game.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I read from various sources that the game design wasn't all that better than the average ass creed world map filled with random points of interests + npcs asking stuff from you a la GTA5.

Renevent

Cipher
I read from various sources that the game design wasn't all that better than the average ass creed world map filled with random points of interests + npcs asking stuff from you a la GTA5.

Hope not, played Valhalla and now Fenyx Rising not sure I can stomach another collect-a-thon so soon.

Before anyone asks, no, I did not purchase both. Knowing that I would only want to play these games for a few weeks each I grabbed a month of Ubisoft subscription. For $15 playing both of these games isn't such a bad deal.

MasPingon

Arcane
It is absolutely horrifing that this kind of retards have so much power over company market value.

What? She may actually be right. What if the game is so easy weapon upgrades are superfluous? What if clothes don't matter at all in any in-game interactions? What if there is no emergent gameplay or random events? What if rewards are so ambudant that they don't really matter? What if consequences to your actions are superficial so that you never fail? Just sayin bro...

Did you listen to her? She was disgusted by this game for not being woke, that's all she was interested in. She even said there are side activities but she didnt do them because they involve helping the cops, so why should she ?:lol: Just look at her face while she speaks about it:

Przechwytywaniesad.png

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I think this criticism was usually tied with the disappointment from the rpg aspect, which was pretty basic (not unlike witcher 3, I assume).

To be frank, I'm not interested in Cyberpunk at all, so even if the writing is good I don't see myself giving this a try if it's confirmed that the gameplay isn't all that interesting.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
How do you think, how many patches should I wait for before playing this? Planning to play it through GeforceNow, so I probably it won't be possible to play since day one due to traffic, but I'd rather have full intended experience.

E: Also, will there be another thread for when it's released? 600 pages long thread is a pretty big autism for a game that's not even released.

Renevent

Cipher

Hope not, played Valhalla and now Fenyx Rising not sure I can stomach another collect-a-thon so soon.

You played both of these? lel

Yeah I grabbed a Ubisoft subscription for a month. $15 for both (and some other decent games on their store) isn't such a bad deal.

Anyways I dropped Valhalla already without completing it...I think Odyssey is a much better game. As far as Fenyx Rising I'm actually enjoying it. PC doesn't get a lot of Zelda-like games I enjoy that kind of thing from time to time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IGN japan review is pretty +M

2012年にCD PROJEKT REDが『サイバーパンク2077』を発表したときのインターネットは、まだ、いまよりは明るい場所だった。YouTubeは収益化に着手しておらず、Twitterは子供のけんかの場ではなく、Twitchは存在すらしていなかった。だから8年前の「サイバーパンク」という言葉の響きは、どちらかというと温故知新なもの、80年代に流行したあのムーブメントを懐かしむ感じをもっていた。当時はまだ無人ドローンによる爆撃も、暗号通貨のやりとりも、SNS上の話者による分断の扇動も行われていなかった。は爆発していないし、マリヤ・タケウチの楽曲群は情報の海の底で眠っているし、TSMC(台湾の半導体メーカー)の時価総額はいまの5分の一以下で、『ブレードランナー 2049』は発表すらされていなかった。

しかし私たちは、あの当時から8年を経て、私たちのサイバー空間、そして物理空間の文化的背景が急激に変化したことを知っている。人と人との繋がりの有り様がここまで変わってしまった今日の日に、未来の資本主義経済や社会の姿を示唆する本作が、こんにちの芸術のうちもっともデジタルなメディアムであるビデオゲームで発表されたことの意義は、あまりにも大きい。そして作品が訴えかけたメッセージが、明示的でもなく単一でもない、渋味のある、複雑な、複数な、豊かな人間味を湛えたものであったことは、なお喜ばしい。

50年前のあの日、ジョニーがアラサカタワーを核爆弾で吹っ飛ばしてもなにも変わらなかったように、あるひとつの革命によってそれまでの問題がすべて解決される、などということは起こりえない。そう、ナイトシティと同じか、あるいはそれ以上に複雑なこの世界を泳ぎ切るには、Vやジョニーがおずおずと、時に傷つけ合いながらそうしたように、他人との覚束ない共同作業のなかで、協力しながら、何とかやっていくほかないのだ。そして、そうしたときに助けになるのは、世界そのものへの尽きぬ興味――この作品が再燃させてくれた、好奇心の熾火にほかならないのだ。

Deepl translate

When CD PROJEKT RED released Cyberpunk 2077 in 2012, the Internet was still a brighter place than it is today: YouTube hadn't even started to monetize, Twitter wasn't a place for kids to fight, and Twitch didn't even exist. So eight years ago, the word "cyberpunk" sounded rather warm and fuzzy, a nostalgic nod to that movement that was so popular in the '80s. Back then, there were still no unmanned drone strikes, no cryptocurrency exchanges, no incitement to division by speakers on social networking sites, and the term "cyberpunk The first Blade Runner 2049 hadn't exploded, Mariya Takeuchi's songs were sleeping at the bottom of a sea of information, TSMC's (a Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturer) market capitalization was less than a fifth of what it is today, and Blade Runner 2049 hadn't even been announced.

But we know that in the eight years that have passed since then, the cultural context of our cyber and physical spaces has changed rapidly. In a day when the nature of human connections has changed so much, the significance of this work, which hints at the future of capitalist economy and society, is too great to be presented in the most digital medium of today's art: video games. And it is even more gratifying that the message it conveys is neither explicit nor singular, but austere, complex, plural, and richly human.

Just as fifty years ago, when Johnny blew up the Alazaka Tower with a nuclear bomb on that day and nothing changed, it is unlikely that a revolution will solve all the problems of the past. Yes, the only way to navigate this world, which is as complex as, or even more complex than, Night City, is to work together, in the same way that V and Johnny did, sometimes unwillingly and sometimes hurtfully, in a precarious collaboration with others. And it helps to have an insatiable interest in the world itself - a spark of curiosity that the film has rekindled.

unknown.png
Like I said, I expect a wide mainstream cultural impact. They will get to GTA level sales through that kind of impact.

Renevent

Cipher
Jesus christ, reading the comments on that tweet is scary stuff. These are seriously sick and deranged human beings.

"I don't have epilepsy or experience seizures, but I have noticed that rapidly-flashing light patterns make me feel extraordinarily panicked and activate my fight-or-flught response, so I very much appreciate warnings like this."

Can you imagine being this guy? Holy shit...sad thing is instead of a psychologist attempting to help him and get him over this completely irrational response, they'll just pander and feed into it...making it a permament long term issue. It's easy to make fun of these assholes but they are being failed at every level.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
You played both of these? Cyberpunk should be right up you alley, lel
Cyberpunk looks more like one of the new Far Cry games blended with Fallout 4 and Borderlands.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

we lost everything
we had to pay the price
yeah we lost everything
we had to pay the price

i saw in you what life was missing
you lit a flame that consumed my hate
I'm not one for reminiscing but
I'd trade it all for your sweet embrace

yeah
cause we lost everything
we had to pay the price

there's a canvas with two faces
of fallen angels who loved and lost
it was a passion for the ages
and in the end guess we paid the cost

a thing of beauty - i know
will never fade away
what you did to me - i know
said what you had to say
but a thing of beauty

will never fade away
will never fade away
will never fade away

i see your eyes, i know you see me
you're like a ghost how you're everywhere
I am your demon never leaving
a metal soul of rage and fear

that one thing that changed it all
that one sin that caused the fall

a thing of beauty - I know
will never fade away
what you did to me - I know
said what you had to say
but a thing of beauty - I know
will never fade away
and I'll do my duty - I know
somehow I'll find a way
but a thing of beauty
will never fade away
and I'll do my duty

yeah
we'll never fade away
we'll never fade away
we'll never fade away
we'll never fade away

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom