Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Lol, in the article they say "This game is the opposite of Ubisoft games like AC or Watch Dogs."

SOLD
TThV64w.png

yeah, it's totally not bloated open world game full of shitty copy-pasted activities.

Just looking at that stresses me out.
Lol half of those markers are vendors...

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Is this 25 HOUR game when you go only through main story? That's crazy short.

So why did they decide to re-resign this in '16 again? 8 years would've been more than enough for a world as big as in Witcher3 GOTY. Organization changes?

This is what too much money do to slavs. Slavs work best when:
-they are under constant pressure
-they don't have big budget
-there is a clear goal and a leader that have a plan

Otherwise slavs will be unproductive.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

NullFlow

Savant
I had to do a double-take when I read the opinion that Cyberpunk's design was diametric to Ubisoft's. Come on, it's still got the open world littered with 80% meaningless busywork that may as well been spat out by a procedural generator to give the impression of a map brimming with fun content. I even read one review that opined the game is a culmination of every AAA trend from the 360 generation onward, including Ubisoft's open world philosophy. "It feels like a game built by people looking around to see what works — like Grand Theft Auto’s open world, Watch Dogs’ hacking, Assassin’s Creed’s quest-filled maps, Fallout’s combat and character progression, Mass Effect’s dialogue system, Batman: Arkham Knight’s crime scene investigations, and every games’ skill trees."

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I had to do a double-take when I read the opinion that Cyberpunk's design was diametric to Ubisoft's. Come on, it's still got the open world littered with 80% meaningless busywork that may as well been spat out by a procedural generator to give the impression of a map brimming with fun content. I even read one review that opined the game is a culmination of every AAA trend from the 360 generation onward, including Ubisoft's open world philosophy. "It feels like a game built by people looking around to see what works — like Grand Theft Auto’s open world, Watch Dogs’ hacking, Assassin’s Creed’s quest-filled maps, Fallout’s combat and character progression, Mass Effect’s dialogue system, Batman: Arkham Knight’s crime scene investigations, and every games’ skill trees."

Ke3QCpnFn7rVTNcpw9ov6BcRdQnAC-BwXOnsNfidHzY.jpg

Fuck Skellige.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3351

Fallout: New Vegas

Main Story:
Average: 27h 55m
Median: 27h
Rushed: 16h 18m

Worked well for this codex classic if they have enough good side quests idgaf shorter main story can improve pacing which was a problem in Witcher 3 that game could have ended during battle of Kaer mohren and it would be much better in my opinion.
You forgot to quote Leisure 54h 13m.

It's large world you must find that story mission. Also some players don't use fast travel.

Danikas

Arcane

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3351

Fallout: New Vegas

Main Story:
Average: 27h 55m
Median: 27h
Rushed: 16h 18m

Worked well for this codex classic if they have enough good side quests idgaf shorter main story can improve pacing which was a problem in Witcher 3 that game could have ended during battle of Kaer mohren and it would be much better in my opinion.
You forgot to quote Leisure 54h 13m.

It's large world you must find that story mission. Also some players don't use fast travel.
Yes I agree but do you think journos didnt rush the main story :lol:?

Harthwain

Magister
+living world, full of details and backgrounds
This is where you can dismiss the whole review, because this point is a bold faced lie
Is it still a lie when somebody can't tell a fake from the real deal? Skyrim didn't have a living world, but what it did well was creating an illusion of a living world (same as Gothic, really). And how many games actually go for the living, dynamic world? Off the top of my head I can name Space Rangers 2.

Come on, it's still got the open world littered with 80% meaningless busywork that may as well been spat out by a procedural generator to give the impression of a map brimming with fun content.
I am curious what you consider to be meaningful activity in a video game? If the CP77 will be anything like any previous CDPR game, then the narrative aspect of the quests (side or otherwise) alone ought to carry all that extra content, because it'll be way more interesting to do than a MMO-like quest design. It's all about the experience. Narrative, and the presentation, becomes more important than the gameplay at this point. Keep in mind that their previous games are hailed for their approach to quests, despite the gameplay itself being nothing to write home about. I expect it to be no different here.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Anyone who quotes game length as an indicator of quality is a fucking clown.

You can be RE2 remake in 90 minutes. Shit game confirmed? Obviously not.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
How difficult do you think it will be to mod Judy as a male romance option (since she lesbian)?

Hell why the hell not just modify the genitals. Gender swap here wouldnt be SJW shit would actually fit with everything being for sale all that instead of CorpoUtopia crushing evil rednecks the SJWs wanted this to be.

Terenty

Liturgist
Is it still a lie when somebody can't tell a fake from the real deal? Skyrim didn't have a living world, but what it did well was creating an illusion of a living world (same as Gothic, really). And how many games actually go for the living, dynamic world? Off the top of my head I can name Space Rangers 2.

Man, people are for a rude shock when they see how "living" the CP2070 world is. My pop corn is augmented

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom