Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

turkishronin

Arcane
-Role-playing aspect in the main story is more limited than in the side quests.
-The trash narrative urgency from Witcher 3 is back.
-Narrative threads are not fleshed out or expanded. Some are abandoned.
-Stuff in-game world has no excuse or explanation within the game world.

If these are the only criticisms of the game it means it's not that bad

mondblut

Arcane
Bought it yesterday just to write this post and make codexers butthurt.

:butthurt:

Did you mistake codexers for resetera?

I expect most of us want the game to succeed, driving up tranny suicide rates. If it manages to do so while being a heap of broken lulz, it's a win-win. We've got no stake in this race either way.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
She goes: "you can buy or acquire many vehicles in the game, but I never found a reason to do so"

There's a whole subset of side quests in the game involving street-racing. But yes, why would a wahmen find this to be interesting anyway? She's more concerned about the various cultures depicted in the game and for some reason taking offence at them, by some knee-jerk reaction from her SJW brain parasite. At one point she even indicates she's unsure if they're offensive at times lol. So demented.

Renevent

Cipher

If you can manage to hold in your offended boner at the sjw shit and listen. Maybe read between the lines if it helps. There are lots of legit criticisms here, seems like the game inherited the gameplay issues from Witcher and proceeded to add more fckups.

Few I got are
-Itemization is still trash.
-Crafting is useless because you get better loot constantly.
-Role-playing aspect in the main story is more limited than in the side quests.
-The trash narrative urgency from Witcher 3 is back.
-Narrative threads are not fleshed out or expanded. Some are abandoned.

She literally said she barely used any new items (because she already "found a cute outfit") and didn't craft, swap out her attachments, and barely did any side quests (so how the hell would she know). The best "criticism" she made:

-Stuff in-game world has no excuse or explanation within the game world

She purposefully admits to just refusing/not wanting to do any of the quests, and didn't understand/utilize most of the other mechanics (she "tried" crafting once, didn't swap attachments, etc). She's a fucking moron and is used to games holding your hand throughout...probably loves games that have a hint that pops-up every 5 mins and tutorials that go on for 4 hours. This criticism is probably the greatest compliment the game could get for people who actually enjoy RPG's.

I am more than confident the game will have legit issues, but anyone using this review for good criticism is a scrub faggot.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If you can manage to hold in your offended boner at the sjw shit and listen.
Peak confirmation bias.

You should watch more reviews if you want to have a more objective view of the game rather than settling on one of the more negative (and inherently biased due to their SJWness) ones.
Or just look at it and trough years of experience and your intellectual prowess,come up the actual quality of the game and its components. All journos are retards that are used to sell garbage to lowinfo casualtards!

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
She literally said she barely used any new items (because she already "found a cute outfit") and didn't craft, swap out her attachments, and barely did any side quests (so how the hell would she know). The best "criticism" she made:

She purposefully admits to just refusing/not wanting to do any of the quests, and didn't understand/utilize most of the other mechanics (she "tried" crafting once, didn't swap attachments, etc). She's a fucking moron and is used to games holding your hand throughout...probably loves games that have a hint that pops-up every 5 mins and tutorials that go on for 4 hours. This criticism is probably the greatest compliment the game could get for people who actually enjoy RPG's.

I am more than confident the game will have legit issues, but anyone using this review for good criticism is a scrub simping faggot.

Seriously.. are you wankers this dumb? I can misrepresent shit and make up arguments too. Whatever go suck a cock, I can't even bother when people are this fckn retarded.

Siel

Arcane
Patron

1b8.png

Renevent

Cipher

I am more than confident the game will have legit issues, but anyone using this review for good criticism is a scrub simping faggot.

Seriously.. are you wankers this dumb? I can misrepresent shit and make up arguments too. Whatever go suck a cock, I can't even bother when people are this fckn retarded.

LOL...I didn't misrepresent, it's literally the things she said. You don't need to be a simp like this, she's not going to fuck you. And frankly I'm not even mad at her, it's a good review for the type of gamer she represents...SJW casual gamers who play Pokemon and match-3 games. Cyber Punk simply isn't a good game for that demographic.

Drowed

Arcane
I (probably) will buy/play it, I have no shame in admitting it. In a year, when the GOTY version with all patches and DLCs integrated will be out and it will appear in a 50% off sale at Steam/GOG.

Now? You need to be masochistic to do it. But no doubt many of you are, so I look forward to the inevitable butthurt.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I like how in this game they're taking dildos out of the trash and everyone is just fine with it.
Something tells me this isn't an "immersive sim" guys. You'd have thought someone would say gee that's weird or hey stop taking things out of the trash.

I'm noticing a lot of two dialogue option prompts that mostly comes down to Act or Hesitate. So that doesn't bode well at all on the RPG side of things. Hopefully it gets better as the game progresses but I doubt it.

The Jester

Cipher

turkishronin

Arcane

ugly japanese woman pretends she is cute anime girl with software. very popular

not always the case
13be0ea1687d5314ecdd89074fd30408.png

502094_736651.png
>half-american mutt
>doing reddit meme reviews
She's literal personified cancer.
She's getting suspended for mentioning Taiwan

suspension is over . she took a break because chinese bots are still spamming her chat

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Referring back to the image of the open world map icons giving some people the heebie-jeebies.

That's only going to affect the completionist autist type. If you hold strictly to role-playing (a different, somewhat less autistic trait), then you're only going to explore as much of that stuff as falls naturally within the interests and purview of your character in their ongoing wee personal story, and the unexplored stuff isn't going to bother you at all, because you're focused on inhabiting the character.

Same thing with the completionism of opening every crate in games with lots of crates. Some are unable to stop themselves from opening every damn thing, and so will find a world with lots of crates exhausting, some aren't bothered by it and will open only those crates that are in or around the path they're following as the character.

Of course some people roleplay kleptomaniacs, but that's a different story :)

The worst thing is when you have something like DA:I where you're roleplaying some noble character, but you feel you have to open every damn crate and scamper around picking up every damn herb like some fucking peasant, otherwise your progression will be affected. (The only compromise I found there was to pretend you're a noble with an obsessive interest in horticulture :) )

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom