Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I fucking knew it:

Why disgrace the frontpage of the Codex with Gamespot reviews?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
bad stuff from polish review that gave it 8/10
- it should be alpha/beta release. Quests are so broken that you are forced to have many saves and reload once you realize that specific mechanics stopped working. Besides t poses get ready for floating and/or cloning weapons on enemy death
- hacking minigame is boring, and gets tedious rly fast. Not a skill that would drive your gameplay 100%. Doesnt rly feel strong. You can tell that reviewer was quite upset about how this skill turned out vs what was promised

Cyberpunk Andromeda. :bounce:

EouQMZGUcAMV0lE

According to PC Gamer, it's actually slightly worse than Andromeda...
Nah, it's just that Bioware is a tranny darling, while CDP is a transphobic company in their eyes.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
- it should be alpha/beta release. Quests are so broken that you are forced to have many saves and reload once you realize that specific mechanics stopped working. Besides t poses get ready for floating and/or cloning weapons on enemy death
- hacking minigame is boring, and gets tedious rly fast. Not a skill that would drive your gameplay 100%. Doesnt rly feel strong. You can tell that reviewer was quite upset about how this skill turned out vs what was promised

EouQMZGUcAMV0lE

Nah, it's just that Bioware is a tranny darling, while CDP is a transphobic company in their eyes.

Game devs should look at this shit and realise that it's better to just not include representation for them.

They'll bitch less at no representation than if you fuck it up in their eyes.

Israfael

Arcane
Why people even care (apart from potatoes, tis a national tragedy for them), they straight up said they are going for that sweet GTA bux since the early days of development, if anyone expected convoluted RPG system and deep C&C, they deluded themselves.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why people even care (apart from potatoes, tis a national tragedy for them), they straight up said they are going for that sweet GTA bux since the early days of development, if anyone expected convoluted RPG system and deep C&C, they deluded themselves.
Convoluted RPG systems are shit (maybe you wanted to write complex). And CDPR games always had good C&C, and we can expect them in CP as well.

Curratum

Convoluted RPG systems are shit (maybe you wanted to write complex). And CDPR games always had good C&C, and we can expect them in CP as well.

Complex RPG systems are shit as well, to be honest.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Complex RPG systems are shit as well, to be honest.

Simple and deep is where it's at.

Who is going to buy on day one?

Downloading the GOG version from torrent as soon as it's up with the Day One patch.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
I actually thought of buying this game (I don't usually buy games) but with I'll probably have to torrent the GOG version because of all the bugs.

It's okay you don't have to give an excuse, you can just say you want it for free. No one actually cares.

EouQMZGUcAMV0lE

Keep in mind they gave AC Valhalla a 91 a month ago. As someone who actually has played that game, let me just say, if Valhalla was judged by the standard they are apparently using for Cyberpunk, it would have earned a score of maybe like... 20?

Outmind

Augur
I wanna see what Worthabuy says about it. The rabid fanboys tore him a new one back in 2015 for pointing out the Witcher 3's many mediocrities. They harassed him so much he had to take the video down just to get some peace and quiet.

I'm by no means a paragon of humanity, but imagine the levels you have to stoop to to badger someone because he brings up valid points about a popamole game (at least mechanics-wise) you care about?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Next summer sounds like a good time to give this a go.

I didn't play TW3 until last year. It wasn't the greatest game ever, but it was fun, and very smooth & bug-free. Lots of cool mods by that time too (Ghost Mode is excellent, makes it a tad less casual but stays within the spirit of the base game; and there's a total overhaul mod that makes it more fiddly and complex like a "proper" RPG :) ).

I expect this'll be the same. I think I'll hold off with it until I upgrade and can experience it with full bells and whistles. The worst problems will probably have been sorted out by then.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
What I find more curious, is how collectively there was a need for this game to save something. The industry, gaming, whales. Something missing.

Keep in mind they gave AC Valhalla a 91 a month ago. As someone who actually has played that game, let me just say, if Valhalla was judged by the standard they are apparently using for Cyberpunk, it would have earned a score of maybe like... 20?

That's one of the things that makes gaming journalism such a joke, the wild inconsistency and subjective bias present in every review. They have this pattern of rubberstamping all the games from major studios (Bethesda, Bioware, Ubisoft, etc) with 80-100 no matter how bad the game is, but then when it comes to evaluating games from other studios (even though you would think by now CDProjectRed would have as much pull in the industry as Bethesda/Bioware), they suddenly become the world's most nit-picking critic. Never fails. It's almost like they are compensating for being such whores with large studios by being total pricks with smaller ones. What a fucking joke.

Pre-release PC critic reviews are 91/100 on Metacritic...

CD Projekt must have sent screening copies to critics in return for a positive review.

Either that, or it's a legitimately good game, let's see what actual gamers think about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom