Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Old Hans

Arcane
i think i did the huge retard mistake of overhyping this game in my head during the last 7 years and now that we can see that it's basically a buggy mix of an ubisoft open world game with borderlands shooting i feel empty even though i know it's my own damn fault
I felt the same way with Witcher 3. the pre release trailer is still amazing. then you play the game and spend 90% of the time having Geralt loot rope ladders and iron ore from some peasants hut and spending skill points to get an extra exciting 5% damage boost

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I'm kinda surprised by the rather low number of views

Kizuna has been struggling since she changed managers that and she sold out pretty hard. The V tuber thing though is gonna get old real fast because they corrupt very quickly when they realise the marketing firms jump at the chance to get them as a platform.
It's pretty pathetic really. I don't have issue with the animated avatar, afterall my squirrel is one but he's more an over glorified chat bot. Plus frankly I've given up live streaming bannerlord was such a huge disappointment to stream because of its technical issues with screen recording so I gave up. But my opinions got worse on the subject I don't think Bannerlord is a good game (because the devs have barely progressed at all and the base product had huge issues) that game alone is why I don't preorder AAA games and why from now on I just steal copies from my moron brother in law who still buys AAA garbage.
Only reason I did livestream was to test if I could broadcast development. In the end because of all the equipment failures I just gave up. Streaming is such a waste of time and I'm glad I'm not doing it now considering how bad the viewership for Cyberpunk is.

turkishronin

Arcane

Kizuna has been struggling since she changed managers that and she sold out pretty hard. The V tuber thing though is gonna get old real fast because they corrupt very quickly when they realise the marketing firms jump at the chance to get them as a platform.
It's pretty pathetic really. I don't have issue with the animated avatar, afterall my squirrel is one but he's more an over glorified chat bot. Plus frankly I've given up live streaming bannerlord was such a huge disappointment to stream because of its technical issues with screen recording so I gave up. But my opinions got worse on the subject I don't think Bannerlord is a good game (because the devs have barely progressed at all and the base product had huge issues) that game alone is why I don't preorder AAA games and why from now on I just steal copies from my moron brother in law who still buys AAA garbage.
Only reason I did livestream was to test if I could broadcast development. In the end because of all the equipment failures I just gave up. Streaming is such a waste of time and I'm glad I'm not doing it now considering how bad the viewership for Cyberpunk is.

I mean I thought Cyberpunk2077 is like the most superhyped game in the world. It being outdone by Apex and Minecraft streams is just weird

The Jester

Cipher
So is Ciri in the game?
927c16b0f48beedf21f1ab3434ba8932e5cb8257.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are World of Xeen or Crusaders of the Dark Savant not "open world" enough for you?

come on dude, it's not the 1940's anymore

we must return to tradition
I agree. :smug:

We should make tradition! Both capitalism and communism are dead ideologies of the past,both turned away from God and failed apart. It is time for a new system,where we have free low and middle business,basic freedom for people while heavy indoctrination in to traditional national and religious views,while having a strong safety net of welfare that rewards hard word but doesn't support leaches. Also mixed economy similar to that of china.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I mean I thought Cyberpunk2077 is like the most superhyped game in the world. It being outdone by Apex and Minecraft streams is just weird

No surprise at all. Singleplayer story-driven games always lose out to battle royales and Minecraft. It's no contest.

I'm expecting the initial streams of CP2077 to have some traction, but unless its gameplay is much better than what we've seen so far (or much buggier, in a fun way), then it's not a streamable game.

RPGdevs who cater to streamers should be run out of the business.

Kizuna didn't sell out. Her actress wanted to retire. And her IP was bought by bugmen who thought it'd be a great idea to hire 3 additional actresses to play Kizuna. Who all sound different to one another. Then sacked the OG actress and acted like nothing happened. The fans caught onto it pretty easily. It's clearly not the same woman and the three actresses all acted different to one another. The OG actress recently came back as a consultant and made a You Tube video about it.

Imagine you're watching Pewdiepie or whatever lowlife is popular with kids nowadays, and one day without comment he is replaced by a snarky, obnoxious frenchman but that refers to himself as Pewdiepie despite obviously not being him. And you get the idea of why most people fucked off.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i think i did the huge retard mistake of overhyping this game in my head during the last 7 years and now that we can see that it's basically a buggy mix of an ubisoft open world game with borderlands shooting i feel empty even though i know it's my own damn fault

What made you think a Polish developer could make a good product? Just look at how dirt poor their country is.

people kept telling me how good the witcher 3 is

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't worry comrade Hóngwèibīng ,under such rule decedents like you will be eradicated. I am strong supporter of the iron fist approach of the drugarq Staling and drugarq Mao. People like you will end up the same way the red guards did :smug:.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

What made you think a Polish developer could make a good product? Just look at how dirt poor their country is.

people kept telling me how good the witcher 3 is

It's the best version of modern-day Assassin's Creed.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
hands off, only I get to purge magnat the social reactionary pig

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom